Strange trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange trade

I'm in a 10-team, 2 QB league. Most weeks the only free agent starting QBs are the ones who got a job this week. So this week, Trubisky had been taken in the initial draft and Manuel was already picked up, and a guy sent out a message saying that because Carr is hurt and Brees is on bye, he needs a QB.

I have a rock-solid collection of QBs - Stafford, Taylor, Kizer, and McCown - and I figured I was dealing from my greatest strength. So I offered him McCown and Antonio Gates for Aaron Brown (who he had just picked up an hour ago) and Crabtree. His response:

"Got to think on that one I was thinking maybe if I give you lockett and my running back instead of Crabtree or just Dez for those two"

I graciously offered him Gates and his choice of McCown or Kizer for Dez and he took Kizer. Okay then.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

How is Gates even rostered in a 10-team league? Do you start 3 TEs?

Comment

2 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 2 W/R/T flex, 8 bench. That said, I don't usually start him (I have Doyle and Clay) and wasn't including him in the trade because I thought he was useful or anything like that.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Dez is having a mediocre season, but I can't see how he's worth Kizer, who's one of the lowest ranked starters. No complaints from the other owners?

Comment

Working...
        X