Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week Five Thread

All week five crap here!

Crap is what many of my teams have at running back after last week's injuries.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

This year has definitely been rough on injuries.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Gronk expected to miss tonight's game

Comment

Odell Beckham gone for the year with a broken ankle. Already headed for surgery.

Comment

Giants first to go from 11-5 to 0-5 (I assume)

they were more mediocre than terrible, really, but without Beckham or any enthusiasm - they may be drafting their next franchise QB in the top 5 come May

0-5 - Giants, 49ers, Browns
            1-4 - Chargers
            1-3 - Bears

3-2 - Jets (I'm saying there's a chance)
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

JJ Watt breaks his leg, out for the season

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                JJ Watt breaks his leg, out for the season
                Which was only the first major injury of the game.

Without Watt, the Chiefs hang 42 points on the Houston defense, though garbage in the 4th quarter accounts for a lot of that.

Alex Smith is on pace for 4400 yards and 35 TD through five games. Who'da thunk it?

Oh yeah. Kareem Hunt gets another 100 yard game.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Whitney Mercilus also tore his pectoral muscle and Chris Conley ruptured his achilles on that onside kick.

Comment

Well if you are lucky enough to own Brandon Marshall you get an open roster spot now.

Comment

Adrian Peterson traded to the Cardinals for a conditional pick

Comment

BOOM! 5-0.

Computer drafted team that wasn't pre-ranked by myself. I have watched zero football so far this season. Proving that FF is pretty ridiculous. Who would put money on FF? It's a freaking crapshoot of the highest degree.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          BOOM! 5-0.

Computer drafted team that wasn't pre-ranked by myself. I have watched zero football so far this season. Proving that FF is pretty ridiculous. Who would put money on FF? It's a freaking crapshoot of the highest degree.
                          To clarify, your position is that Yahoo (or ESPN or whoever) experts generated what they thought was the optimal draft order, you let a computer execute that draft the way they said, and other people in your league who probably deviated are doing worse than what you're doing, which is following the experts directly and using their projections to decide who to play each week, and this is an indication that it's all randomness and luck?
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            To clarify, your position is that Yahoo (or ESPN or whoever) experts generated what they thought was the optimal draft order, you let a computer execute that draft the way they said, and other people in your league who probably deviated are doing worse than what you're doing, which is following the experts directly and using their projections to decide who to play each week, and this is an indication that it's all randomness and luck?
                            So you are saying the experts are always right?
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In the first 5 weeks, my four teams have three losses of less than one point between them.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X