Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to bring a smile to your face.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Doctors vs. Gun Owners
      Doctors
      (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
      (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians
      per year are 120,000.
      (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
      Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.
      Now think about this:
      Guns
      (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 Million)
      (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
      (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is
      Statistics courtesy of FBI
      So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT
      Almost everyone has at least one doctor.
      This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!!!
      Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
      We must ban doctors
      before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
      Out of concern for the public at large,
      We withheld the statistics on lawyers
      for fear the shock would cause
      people to panic and seek medical attention!

Comment

That is an odd post for this thread, Gregg. I assume it is meant to be tongue in cheek to show how stats can be manipulated and misleading and the lawyer line clearly shows the intent is to be funny, but it is dark humor. Despite the focus on accidental deaths, I still can't help but think of the 20,000 or so murders and roughly 25,000 suicides committed each year with guns, and the fact that the US ranks 2nd in both gun murders and gun suicides in the world.

Also, while numbers vary widely on number of accidental medical error deaths, depending on how you count people who die with misdiagnosis or less than optimal treatments that had a high probability of death anyway, the other fun fact highlighted here is that if the guy who shoots you doesn't finish you off, the trip to the hospital might!

Comment

I take great offense at your post, Gregg. As a lawyer, none of the people I have killed have been accidental....errrr, wait I have said too much.

Comment

Medical malpractice is the 3rd leading cause of death in the US (or at least it was before COVID). I assume very few of those deaths were intentional, though.

We just had the most gun deaths in our history, representing a 25% increase from five years earlier and a 43% increase from a decade earlier. The vast majority of those deaths were intentional.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Medical malpractice is the 3rd leading cause of death in the US (or at least it was before COVID). I assume very few of those deaths were intentional, though.

We just had the most gun deaths in our history, representing a 25% increase from five years earlier and a 43% increase from a decade earlier. The vast majority of those deaths were intentional.
              thanks obama.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Despite the focus on accidental deaths, I still can't help but think of the 20,000 or so murders and roughly 25,000 suicides committed each year with guns, and the fact that the US ranks 2nd in both gun murders and gun suicides in the world.
                Thanks for saying this... seriously? WTF was all that?
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  thanks obama.
                  If you like your medical malpractice plan, you can keep your medical malpractice plan
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

That is an odd post for this thread, Gregg.
                    Maybe Greg wasn't satisfied with just one hot topics forum. That being said, we should probably move the Will Smith vs Chris Rock thread to the hot topics forum.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Maybe Greg wasn't satisfied with just one hot topics forum. That being said, we should probably move the Will Smith vs Chris Rock thread to the hot topics forum.
                      This brings a smile to my face.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

That is an odd post for this thread, Gregg. I assume it is meant to be tongue in cheek to show how stats can be manipulated and misleading and the lawyer line clearly shows the intent is to be funny, but it is dark humor. Despite the focus on accidental deaths, I still can't help but think of the 20,000 or so murders and roughly 25,000 suicides committed each year with guns, and the fact that the US ranks 2nd in both gun murders and gun suicides in the world.

Also, while numbers vary widely on number of accidental medical error deaths, depending on how you count people who die with misdiagnosis or less than optimal treatments that had a high probability of death anyway, the other fun fact highlighted here is that if the guy who shoots you doesn't finish you off, the trip to the hospital might!
                        It was meant to bring a smile. It is meant to poke fun at reporting stats. Poke a little fun a gun owners defense of guns. Thought stat geeks might get a smile out of it. Thought your last comment was a surprise given how you started out. That comment did bring a smile to my face.

Comment

Working...
                        X