Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fisher/Morton/Healy/Richards for CDavis/CGomez/Tanaka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisher/Morton/Healy/Richards for CDavis/CGomez/Tanaka?

10-team AL-only keeper league 5x5 (OBP) - we can keep up to 10

In first place with a slim lead, need help on offense (especially steals), already first in all pitching categories except ERA. Would you make the following trade?

Derek Fisher - $10/2 years left on his contract
    Ryon Healy - $9/2
    Charlie Morton - $1/2
    Garrett Richards - $9/2

for

Chris Davis
    Masahiro Tanaka
    Carlos Gomez - $20/2 (only one with a contract even close to being keepable)

Preseason this would've been vetoed but with how bad Tanaka and Davis have been it gives me pause. Morton's the only one on that list that would truly hurt to give up keeper-wise since Healy's low OBP offsets his power and the other two are fairly marginal. Gomez would hopefully help me gain a few points in steals and if Davis/Tanaka return to form it could help me in ERA/HR/RBI/OBP.

Thoughts?

Tanaka's been really good since the end of June: 3.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and a 10.26 K/9 rate.

If you're in first and you want to win, I don't see how this can hurt unless you think you can find a better deal.

Comment

No. Morton is then gem of the bunch and I don't know that you're gaining much. Era is the area Tanaka most questionable.
      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

I'm just not sure Davis and Tanaka are better than Healy and Morton at this point. I'm trying to just make it Fisher for Gomez (which is what we tentatively had in place originally) but he seems to be holding out for more.

Comment

Tanaka to the DL with shoulder inflammation

Comment

What are the odds that Derek Fisher steals more bases than Carlos Gomez the rest of the year?
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              I'm just not sure Davis and Tanaka are better than Healy and Morton at this point. I'm trying to just make it Fisher for Gomez (which is what we tentatively had in place originally) but he seems to be holding out for more.
              If it's a keeper league, no way I give up Fisher for Gonzo...no way.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Really? That high on Fisher?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Really? That high on Fisher?
                  Probably less high on Gomez rather than anything else...although I do think that Fisher has been aggressively promoted, and really hasn't failed up to this point.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I picked up Fisher off waivers so I don't have much allegiance to him. Plus, he would be at $10 for the first two years and then $15 if you wanted to extend him for the last two years - not much profit if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                    X