Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what kind of dog (pets) ya got. Include names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20180410_080634.jpg

Because we need more pictures of our pets!

My kitties checking out my League championship trophy
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I have a 10 year old rat terrier we got as a rescue, her name is Dottie, and she keeps a list of every dog that has ever peed on our house, which means I have to constantly keep her from going after pit bulls

20171204_135807.jpg
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

See, I told you how comfy my dog is!

449410CF-98C3-4AC9-8816-724917707940.jpg449410CF-98C3-4AC9-8816-724917707940.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
          We had a pure bred yorkie named Murphy for 17 years until he had to be put down. We were both crushed and my wife wanted another dog immediately but I was just too broken up to get one right away. She eventually came to me crying and saying she was lonely during the day. I cannot stand to see my wife hurt so I relented. I knew I would want another dog I just needed more time than she did.

So within two weeks of losing Murphy we got Dexter another pure bred yorkie. He turned out to be a god send because our grandson committed suicide just after we got Dexter and he was able to help my wife work through the loss of Shane. My wife was a wreck for quite awhile and she still has her days but but Dexter gives her a purpose and he always makes her laugh and keeps her spirits up.

Animals have a great healing effect on humans!
          I am rereading this thread because today has been a rough one. So I apologize for only offering your my condolences now, which is nearly a year later, but my condolences nonetheless and may your grandson's memory bring peace to you and your wife. And, love that dog, they have a way of fixing broken hearts.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by mithrandir View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1065[/ATTACH]

Because we need more pictures of my league championship trophy.
            Fixed that for you.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I have an 11-year old Maltese named Charles, AKA Punky, Punky McMonkey, Punky McDoogenstein. He's a sweet little soul, and he has a knack for finding the comfiest place in any room to lounge.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]980[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]981[/ATTACH]
              My beloved dog passed on today at age 14. We were at an amusement farm/pumpkin patch with the kids that is dog friendly, and they provide red wagons for pumpkins and the like. We've gone there a few times over the years with him, and wheel him around in the red wagon. He loved it.

We had just finished lunch and I was at an attraction with my oldest son when I got a text from my wife saying 'come here quick, I think Charles is dying.' When I got there 2 minutes later, he was gone. Rest well my sweet pup.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Revo. My condolences to you and your family.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  My beloved dog passed on today at age 14. We were at an amusement farm/pumpkin patch with the kids that is dog friendly, and they provide red wagons for pumpkins and the like. We've gone there a few times over the years with him, and wheel him around in the red wagon. He loved it.

We had just finished lunch and I was at an attraction with my oldest son when I got a text from my wife saying 'come here quick, I think Charles is dying.' When I got there 2 minutes later, he was gone. Rest well my sweet pup.
                  Very sorry to hear Ed. Lost my diabetic cat a month ago. Very sad times.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yeah, sorry to hear. Sounds like Punky McDoogenstein was a great little guy.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      No dogs in my house until the youngest is potty trained. I'm only cleaning up poop of one living thing at a time ��

We do have a fish. My son named him Swimmy. Very creative.
                      Swimmy died earlier this year. Not easy to explain the death of a fish to a 6 year old.

He has since been replaced by Rainbow Swimmy Frankel. Middle name in honor of our departed Swimmy.

They are pushing for a dog - I'm trying to delay it as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Great thread and stories!! I could talk for hours about my best buddies. I am so freaking emotionally attached to my pets it might not be healthy!!

My family has 2 dogs and 2 cats and a guinea pig. And yes they all get along fine!

The dogs:
                        Fonzee [ATTACH=CONFIG]967[/ATTACH] - Da Fonz is a 5 year old Collie, We got him from a rescue in Ohio. He is my buddy. Follows me everywhere and just loves the crap out of me. He's a big ol goof who is friendly with everyone.

Mollee [ATTACH=CONFIG]968[/ATTACH] - 3 and 1/2 year old long hair miniature Daschund. She is a trip! Weiner dogs are so damn cool. She loves her belly rubbed and pretty much demands attention.

The cats:
                        Buffy [ATTACH=CONFIG]969[/ATTACH] - 8 year old Buffles is my best buddy. My wife says Buffy is in love with me. She greets me at the door...follows me around the house (with Fonzee)..lays next to me at all times...wakes me in the morning and lays next to me in bed at night.

Munchkin [ATTACH=CONFIG]970[/ATTACH] - Munchie is a little over a year. We got her from the rescue society. Her litter was abandoned and she had a bad infection in one eye that we were not sure would allow her to see in that eye. It cleared up, but she looks cross-eyed! She is a sweetheart. and She loves the water. Anytime anyone goes into the bathroom she runs in and jumps into the sink.

Guinea pig is brown and named Chestnut. No pics. Cute as hell and loves to make loud squeaking noises.
                        Update from 3 years ago.

Lost Munchie in March. She was only 4. Had surgery for kidney stones and the surgery was too much for her. I sobbed for days.

In may we got 2 kitties (picture below). Kitty on the left is "Pickles" and kitty on the right is "Mushka" which is Slovak for cat.

Pickles and Mushka.jpg
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Update from 3 years ago.

Lost Munchie in March. She was only 4. Had surgery for kidney stones and the surgery was too much for her. I sobbed for days.

In may we got 2 kitties (picture below). Kitty on the left is "Pickles" and kitty on the right is "Mushka" which is Slovak for cat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1265[/ATTACH]
                          Sorry for your loss.

Cute cats.

Do you still have a dog? I was thinking you had more than one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Sorry for your loss.

Cute cats.

Do you still have a dog? I was thinking you had more than one.
                            Thanks Gregg.

I still have the same two dogs, a Collie and a Long-haired miniature Dachshund.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I'm back up to 3 cats now... the ex and I had up to 5 of our own at one point plus we were fostering mother cats and kittens for the my local vet who did spay/neuter/release in the city of camden. One year between my cats, a feral cat colony in my backyard, 2 litters of foster kittens, and a stray dog my ex stole from some guys yard, we had 21 pets.

One kitty died right before I moved out (the only one of all of these that was ever "my" pet) and the rest stayed in the house with my ex, so for about 2 years I was pet free (and never breathed so well in my life). 3 of the 4 died off, and then my ex married her highschool boy friend who she had reconnected with on FB. He was allergic so she returned our diabetic cat to me.

So I've had L (his mom was a feral that lived in the Temple Beth-El parking lot behind my house, so we had a Beth and an Elle kitten that both turned out to be boys) again for about 5 years now. He's 14 and has been diabetic for 8 years. He's slowing down and a bit overweight and just likes to snuggle up to RJEL girl.

When we moved in together, RJEL girl had Brody, one of the foster kittens that was born in my garage. He's food driven and constantly plotting how the world would be better if he ran it. He's also somewhat skeptical of me, but loves his big brother and will sleep all day with him in their cat bed.

Osie (OC - Outdoor Cat) showed up in our backyard about 6 months ago. We was so small and underweight that I thought he was a kitten. I thought it would be nice to have a little feral cat that would come around for food on occasion. So I went out once, fed him and sat down to see what he would do. He ate the food and then walked over and jumped up on my lap and laid down. He obviously was someone's cat at some point, but he had been out long enough to have gotten scooped up my a spay/neuter/release group and had his ear tipped. I stuck with the illusion that he would be an outdoor cat as long as I could.. even made him a little home out of a storage bin when it started to get colder, but the first time RJEL girl saw him shivering, he was scooped up and now lives inside.
                              I'm pretty sure his old family turned him out because he will not shut the hell up. He talks constantly! Follows us around all the time, chirping or screaming his head off. He loves to be held or sit on our laps. The vet estimates him at 3.

4 cats is too many! 3 cats is probably too many... but what can you do?
                              Down to 2 cats now. Brody passed away about 2 years ago, and L died about a year ago. Still have Osie.
                              We also kidnapped the neighbor's cat. They were keeping her as a full-time outdoor cat and she had basically moved into our yard. Regularly eating the food and sleeping on our deck furniture. I gave her flea treatments because she would sit with us whenever we were out there. When winter and rain came, she would stand at our door and cry, so we started letting her in. Quickly realized she had worms and gave her worm treatments. We would let her in at night, and she would leave during the day. She quickly got use to indoor life and now refuses to leave. The neighbors never asked (they knew she was in our yard all the time, told me if she ever bothered me to just throw her over the fence) or put up signs or anything, so she has been living inside our house for about 6 months now. Osie will run outside and eat grass if you open the door, but she refuses to leave.
                              We took her to the vet and got her a check up and all her shots about a month ago, so she's pretty much our cat now.

We also have 3 other cats that show up in the yard most nights. 2 belong to neighbors and are well kept, the other is feral I think. We also get skunks and racoons on the regular. In an ongoing fight with RJEL girl about letting the one racoon in. He looks so cute, but she's a big meany and thinks its a bad idea.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times ...

We had been talking about getting a dog for some time but agreed it had to be the right situation (we both lead pretty busy lives). Two and a half weeks ago my wife got advanced notice that the county just brought in a stray that had been reported roaming around for several days. The next day she was ours. Sadie is a hound / pointer cross (amongst others), maybe one year old, and has fit into our family incredibly well. It's still early but she's already learned not to eat the remotes.

Today is the first day tho in 27 years that I'm not a cat owner. We had to put our 16 year old Molly down yesterday. Kidneys, auto-immune issues, all caught up with her pretty quick. Rough day.

Here's Sadie yesterday at the beach (needed to go for a long walk with her after):

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X