Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what kind of dog (pets) ya got. Include names.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I have a cavalier named Finn. I love him, but sadly my wife does not. He follows another cavalier we lost to sudden heart failure, and while Finn is great in his own way, my wife can't help but compare him to our first, Blake. Blake was deaf, but still followed sight commands wonderfully. Finn, not so much, and has accidents in the house sometimes. He had a nervous stomach, and vomits on occasion too. Still love the little guy, but do wish my wife was more engaged with him. He was her idea. I wasn't quite ready for a new pup after losing Blake so suddenly. Ironically, I'm Happy she forced it and she regrets it.

Us having our first child soon after getting Finn may have something to do with it too. She doesn't like them interacting, as she is a bit of a germaphobe, and Finn loves to lick. We live I'm upstate NY where ticks and Lyme disease are very common too. If she only knew how I let them play when she isn't looking, always checking for ticks first, of course, she would kill me.

On the tick front, we use front line, but the ticks still get on him. Tried Advantix, but Finn had a horrible reaction to it. Didn't move for days. There are some real horror stories on advantix out there that I read after the fact.
    Have you tried NexGaurd which is a Frontline Chewable flea and tick prevention. We're up in Northern Wisconsin often and since that came out I have not had to pull any ticks off my pup. If found a couple on her, but very few, but certainly none that bit.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

No dogs in my house until the youngest is potty trained. I'm only cleaning up poop of one living thing at a time ��

We do have a fish. My son named him Swimmy. Very creative.

Comment

3:

EZ (track name was Elezier) - 8 yr old Greyhound we rescued off the track & Betty, an ?? year old Beagle we rescued from a shelter

We added a new one 8 months ago - 2 year old Pitbull (we think) & Catahoula Leopard Dog mix named Athena. We adopted her when her previous owner was taking a traveling job on a long-term medical contract

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I have a cavalier named Finn. I love him, but sadly my wife does not. He follows another cavalier we lost to sudden heart failure, and while Finn is great in his own way, my wife can't help but compare him to our first, Blake. Blake was deaf, but still followed sight commands wonderfully. Finn, not so much, and has accidents in the house sometimes. He had a nervous stomach, and vomits on occasion too. Still love the little guy, but do wish my wife was more engaged with him. He was her idea. I wasn't quite ready for a new pup after losing Blake so suddenly. Ironically, I'm Happy she forced it and she regrets it.

Us having our first child soon after getting Finn may have something to do with it too. She doesn't like them interacting, as she is a bit of a germaphobe, and Finn loves to lick. We live I'm upstate NY where ticks and Lyme disease are very common too. If she only knew how I let them play when she isn't looking, always checking for ticks first, of course, she would kill me.

On the tick front, we use front line, but the ticks still get on him. Tried Advantix, but Finn had a horrible reaction to it. Didn't move for days. There are some real horror stories on advantix out there that I read after the fact.
          My parents next door neighbor has a Cavalier. Sweetest little guy.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Dog free as of now but inundated with cats. Had Cleopatra when we moved into our new house 10 years ago. First winter we adopted three strays - Athos, Porthos, D'Artagnan. A couple of winters later another stray started hanging around so we got Aramis to complete the set. D'Artagnan has since left the house and found a new home (I refuse to believe anything else) so we have four cats. No more until we start to thin the herd.

Comment

One dog, cocker spaniel pure bred (no papers though), that we got for free as the kennel couldn't sell him. Maxmillian Von Pinto is his full name and he is currently around 8 1/2 years old. Four cats - one orange tabby (Kenny) that is around 9 1/2 years old. 2nd cat is a hemmingway (extra toes on the front paws), Sophie. She is around 5 years old. 2 strays that we took in around 4 years ago and they are both girls. Mischa and Lucy and they are sisters. Mischa is the bully of the house. Lucy likes to take swats at Max. The 2 older cats are outside cats most of the day. The two younger ones are inside cats only. My wife is a cat person and I am a dog person.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                We've got to get the dogs together at the walking track at least once this summer.
                Indeed we do!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  One dog, cocker spaniel pure bred (no papers though), that we got for free as the kennel couldn't sell him. Maxmillian Von Pinto is his full name and he is currently around 8 1/2 years old. Four cats - one orange tabby (Kenny) that is around 9 1/2 years old. 2nd cat is a hemmingway (extra toes on the front paws), Sophie. She is around 5 years old. 2 strays that we took in around 4 years ago and they are both girls. Mischa and Lucy and they are sisters. Mischa is the bully of the house. Lucy likes to take swats at Max. The 2 older cats are outside cats most of the day. The two younger ones are inside cats only. My wife is a cat person and I am a dog person.
                  Any reason that you haven't become a cat person? I never had a cat in the house until I married my wife. I quickly became a cat person!!

Comment

I have an 11-year old Maltese named Charles, AKA Punky, Punky McMonkey, Punky McDoogenstein. He's a sweet little soul, and he has a knack for finding the comfiest place in any room to lounge.

IMG_1561.jpg

img012.jpg

Comment

I see that i am not the only one who gives crazy nicknames to my pets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Any reason that you haven't become a cat person? I never had a cat in the house until I married my wife. I quickly became a cat person!!
                        I don't mind cats. I do love playing with them, but 4 is too many. Actually Sophie prefers me over anyone else in the family.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I have a 12 year old daughter and a few years ago I started doing voices for all of our pets to amuse her.

Fonzee (Collie) has a big dumb goofy kind of voice
                          Molle (Daschund) - is a smart ass who is very sarcastic
                          Buffy (older cat) - has a very cultured and spoiled cat voice
                          Munchkin (younger cat) - very high pitched and fast talking voice.

Yeah I'm nuts!!

Comment

Down to one tuxedo cat, Billy (which means 'cat' in Hindi) and probably our last because my wife is allergic (she married into 2 of them). He's 15 but still has the energy of a young cat. I've never met anyone who doesn't like him, super friendly and used to act like a dog, playing fetch and eating table scraps. Nicknames include Mr Mr and Billy Billsta.

My other cat, a tan and white tabby named Simone, lived to be 12, the last 3 years with diabetes. She was a fighter.

We might get a dog after Billy dies, I've always wanted a Chiba Inu but they're pretty expensive.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              I have a 12 year old daughter and a few years ago I started doing voices for all of our pets to amuse her.

Fonzee (Collie) has a big dumb goofy kind of voice
                              Molle (Daschund) - is a smart ass who is very sarcastic
                              Buffy (older cat) - has a very cultured and spoiled cat voice
                              Munchkin (younger cat) - very high pitched and fast talking voice.

Yeah I'm nuts!!
                              Ha, I do the same. I always speak for him and give him a personality of speaking a little too freely and giving many backhanded compliments.

Comment

Sonny the cop and Brielle the princess, both rescue mutts from a program run by inmates at the State of Colorado Women's Department of Corrections. Two great dogs with diametrically opposite personalities, yet (thankfully) they get along great. Except when Sonny gets all dominant and teabags her, which sends her into a terrifying psychotic rage that usually ends with him fleeing for his life.
                                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X