Resident Baseball Card expert...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Baseball Card expert...

I remember a discussion on this going on a while back, but can't find the thread.

I have an opportunity to buy a number of mint condition 60s-70s vintage cards and a small number of 30s-40s vintage cards. Don't know how reliable information is on line.

Anyone I can chat with for help?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

check ebay for SOLD prices of the cards - this usually can give you market pricing - dont look at prices asked.

Comment

don't pay graded card prices for non-graded cards!

Comment

Also, be wary of "mint condition" older cards that have had their edges trimmed to eliminate defects and make the corners look perfect. Altered cards are pretty much worthless. Cards issued by Topps from 1957 and up in their regular sets should measure 2.5" x 3.5". Other sets will vary in size. I have some outdated price guides that i keep to reference such things. If you need to know the sizes of other issues just ask.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Also, be wary of reprints that are not labeled as such. Pay special attention to high-value cards such as the rookie cards of hall of famers.

Here's an excellent guide from ebay to help spot fakes. (edit: link expired - i will have to look for another one when i have more time)
          Last edited by madducks; 10-18-2019, 12:57 PM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

These cards are from an auction house pretty near me.

There seem to be some pretty cool graded 50s/60s/70s cards

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/cata...bilia-auction/

In 3 weeks (after the auction) we can then see sold prices.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              don't pay graded card prices for non-graded cards!
              Best advice here.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
              X