(Rhetorical??) Trade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Rhetorical??) Trade Question

Flirting with a Trout owner about sending JDMart ('17), Avi Garcia ($10 - 1st) & D. Duffy ($10 - 2nd) for Trout ($53 - 1st) and a couple of sacks of balls.
    AL 4x4 - $260.

This is a no brainer, right?
    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Like JDMart a lot, but yes, it is.

Edit: Assuming this thumb injury is nothing, that is. Obviously, if Trout is out for awhile, that changes things.

Comment

How's your pitching? And do you intend to keep Trout at 53?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

As long as he's healthy, I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Comment

Pitching is solid, if erratic. Carasco/Tanaka/Paxton/Stroman/Duffy/Severino/Morton/Herrera/Diaz. I could stand to shed a starter.

I was the last remaining bidder on Trout at $52. I couldnt pull the trigger at $54. I wouldnt expect to keep him, but if he runs out his pace at 48/30, he'd be hard not to bring back. ($53 was a league record, btw).

The X factor to this is whether or not Avisail is sustainable, maybe not at THIS level, but at a high level. There was a time when he was highly thought of as a prospect, and he's still just 26. There's no sure formula for when/how a breakout happens. I expected him to peter out before JDM's return, but he's hasnt let up much.

I've been running in any of the top 3 positions for the last month plus. My team is generally loaded on offense otherwise.

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Definitely do it. All the more so if you lose players sent to the NL. Who knows where JDM ends up?

Comment

Done deal - JD/Avi/Duffy for Trout/Jeffress

I had JD/Avi tied together and stood risk of losing one of them if I couldnt find an open DL slot.

VERY excited to get the Man on my team. I was the first in my league to own him when he came up the first time, but lost him when he was sent down. Been pining for him ever since.

Current Lineup:

Comment

Hindsight 20/20 and all, but I'm super scared of trading for a guy who is hurt until I know how bad he is hurt. When I saw his injury, I added my edit, maybe too late. I wish him a speedy recovery. He seems like a tough dude, so I could see him coming back closer to 5 weeks and 8.

Comment

Man, I scoured the net & beat writers for ANYthing.
                  And then Duffy out a similar period.

Que sera sera, I guess, but Ida liked to have gotten an AB out of him...

Current Lineup:

Comment

Working...
                  X