Homer Bailey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homer Bailey?

Is Homer Bailey anything better than a speculation at this point? I was offered a $1 Bailey for $16 Yadier Molina. My team is not a contender this year, so am focused on accumulating talent. But Yadi could be part of some other deal I suppose. Any thoughts?

No interest.

Comment

Homer is nothing more than a lottery ticket at this point. While Yadi is no great shakes as a standalone, I would save him for a package down the road.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

How deep a league do you need to be in to care about Homer Bailey?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/242/homer-bailey

Homer Bailey (elbow) scattered three hits and one walk over five shutout innings Friday in a rehab start four Double-A Pensacola.
          He logged five strikeouts while throwing 42 of his 64 pitches for strikes ...

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            How deep a league do you need to be in to care about Homer Bailey?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/242/homer-bailey

Homer Bailey (elbow) scattered three hits and one walk over five shutout innings Friday in a rehab start four Double-A Pensacola.
            He logged five strikeouts while throwing 42 of his 64 pitches for strikes ...
            I picked him up last night in my 16 team mixed. When guys like Ervin Santana and Jason Vargas pitch like they have, its not hard to see Bailey putting up adequate numbers.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I like Bailey as a second half sleeper this year. He has looked good in two minor league rehab starts so far and topped out at 95 mph. The words "second elbow surgery" are scaring people away. But this year's surgery was for bone chips and didn't involve any ligaments. He was already working his way back from the TJ surgery in 2016 albeit with the usual velocity and command issues that are common in the first year back. So, his terrible stats from last year have to be ignored. I think he is going to be a pleasant surprise.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, i would trade Molina for a $1 Bailey if you are not contending this year.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Then again, Bailey may need to shake off the rust first. OUCH! 8 er in 1.2 ip! Welcome back to the big leagues Homer. Washington became a great team while you were away. Glad i had him on my bench. That's where he will stay until i see something good from him.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Homer Bailey is posting his best numbers since 2014. He has 27ks in 23 innings.

Nope, not gonna do it. No $1 faab bid tomorrow night. Nope not gonna fall for it. There is no lightening in that bottle.

Comment

In 2016, Homer Bailey pitched 23.0 innings. He had 2 wins, 27 strikeouts and 7 walks.
                      In 2019, Homer Bailey has pitched 23.0 innings. He has 2 wins, 27 strikeouts and 7 walks.

Color me unconvinced that this is a new, revitalized Homer Bailey

Comment

As if on cue, he throws a 1 inning, 7 baserunner, 4 ER debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          As if on cue, he throws a 1 inning, 7 baserunner, 4 ER debacle.
                          It's like we've seen this before or something

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            It's like we've seen this before or something
                            Normally right after I win him for a buck on FAAB night.

Comment

Working...
                            X