Fantrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantrax

Has anyone used it? Looks interesting. They claim to have contingency FAAB bidding.

Yes! We have used for close to 10 years. We like it alot!

Comment

They are now providing ADP information to Fangraphs.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'm in two leagues on Fantrax, now very pleased. Seemed to be pretty buggy early on, but ran smoothly the last half of last year.

I'd say it's 90-95% of the functionality at 1/3rd the cost, though I'm not the commish.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Bump

Seriously considering the switch to Fantrax in '18 after decades at CBS, mainly due to superior FAAB capabilities and general disregard for my annual requests to improve the FAAB, or anything else, at CBS.

Opinions?
          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
            Bump

Seriously considering the switch to Fantrax in '18 after decades at CBS, mainly due to superior FAAB capabilities and general disregard for my annual requests to improve the FAAB, or anything else, at CBS.

Opinions?
            FAAB isn't perfect but it's leap years better than CBS and they're supposed to be improving the platform. The commish controls can take awhile to get used to but everything is there and easy to use once you learn how. The support is great (drop my name and it may be even greater ).
            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

And it's free?

ETA: and could we import our league data from CBS?
              Last edited by DMT; 12-31-2017, 12:37 PM.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                And it's free?

ETA: and could we import our league data from CBS?
                If you're asking me, I don't know. I believe there's a free, bare-boned service, then a reasonably priced premium version with more functionality.

I'm going to ask someone from Fantrax to register an account here and he'll answer your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                  If you're asking me, I don't know. I believe there's a free, bare-boned service, then a reasonably priced premium version with more functionality.

I'm going to ask someone from Fantrax to register an account here and he'll answer your questions.
                  Ok thanks!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

FAAB isn't perfect but it's leap years better than CBS and they're supposed to be improving the platform. The commish controls can take awhile to get used to but everything is there and easy to use once you learn how. The support is great (drop my name and it may be even greater ).
                    Thanks Todd, you're always very helpful.

I've been playing around with it and there is a free, bare bones version, but I think most leagues will wind up using the premium, which as you said, is significantly cheaper than CBS. To me that is just gravy, because functionality is my #1 priority. The commish controls are a bit more complex than CBS, which is a double-edged sword. To be more customizable and flexible, it requires a greater learning curve.

So far my biggest concerns are the following, in case Todd is successful at recruiting a Fantrax rep to join here:

1. Can I set up co-owners for one team?

2. Do they have, or can they add, the capability to view all rosters on a single page with salary, contract info, and custom added columns? They have a roster grid with all teams but no salary and contract info. They have the single team rosters with salary, contract, and custom columns and the drop down window to change from team to team, but they don't currently have the "All Teams" option CBS has. This is important to me for commish purposes.

3. Can they have dual salary caps, one for the active roster and one for the entire roster, active and reserve. As far as I can tell, you can only have one or the other.

4. Can the FAAB system be commish-approved as opposed to automatically processed? I'd like a system where all the owners submit their FAAB bids and hierarchy secretly to the site, and then after the deadline the site reveals the bids to me for me to approve or adjust accordingly.

5. Is there a way to delete a transaction from the transaction report without undoing the actual transaction?

6. Is there a way to add unlisted players, or is the only option to request the site add the players? I know their player pool is the deepest, but I have owners who like to deep dive for high schoolers and rumored international players. I'd actually like for my owners to be able to submit FAAB bids for unlisted players via some sort of write-in option.

7. Does Fantrax offer an in-season Games Played By Position report?

That's enough for now I guess. Most of these aren't deal breakers, just perfect world type stuff, and if they are really as accommodating as reported, why not ask for it all?
                    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Z -- have them email me and I'll set up an account. I shut off registration due to all of the Russian bots that were slamming the site

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Z -- have them email me and I'll set up an account. I shut off registration due to all of the Russian bots that were slamming the site
                        On it.

Comment

After manipulating the Presidential election, the Russians have turned their sights on RJ?
                          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Fantrax dude has an account now -- Tim_Fantrax

Comment

Fantrax dude has an account now -- Tim_Fantrax
                              i hope he likes to meet peeples
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X