X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
    What's the cost for premium?
    Cost for premium is $79 for the league.

I will take care of you guys since your are part of RotoJunkie.

Create a league and then email me your league URL.

[email protected]

Comment

Hey Tim,

What about migrating our league from CBS? Not just keeper salary info but historical data as well? Thanks!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Tim-

I have three leagues that might possibly make the jump from CBS to Fantrax. We've long talked about jumping ship, but inertia often gets the best of us. Perhaps, a renewed conversation could make things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Hey Tim,

What about migrating our league from CBS? Not just keeper salary info but historical data as well? Thanks!
          What type of historical info you looking to add?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            Tim-

I have three leagues that might possibly make the jump from CBS to Fantrax. We've long talked about jumping ship, but inertia often gets the best of us. Perhaps, a renewed conversation could make things happen.
            Would love to be a part of that conversation with your leaguemates. I can answer all questions they may have.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Fantrax View Post

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
              Thanks Todd, you're always very helpful.

I've been playing around with it and there is a free, bare bones version, but I think most leagues will wind up using the premium, which as you said, is significantly cheaper than CBS. To me that is just gravy, because functionality is my #1 priority. The commish controls are a bit more complex than CBS, which is a double-edged sword. To be more customizable and flexible, it requires a greater learning curve.

So far my biggest concerns are the following, in case Todd is successful at recruiting a Fantrax rep to join here:

1. Can I set up co-owners for one team? yes you can. You can add them by going Commissioner>League Setup> Teams & Schedule> then click the plus sign to the team you want to add the second owner to.

2. Do they have, or can they add, the capability to view all rosters on a single page with salary, contract info, and custom added columns? They have a roster grid with all teams but no salary and contract info. They have the single team rosters with salary, contract, and custom columns and the drop down window to change from team to team, but they don't currently have the "All Teams" option CBS has. This is important to me for commish purposes.- We don't have that single screen but a work around is to go to players page and then select all taken players. You can then sort by team.

3. Can they have dual salary caps, one for the active roster and one for the entire roster, active and reserve. As far as I can tell, you can only have one or the other.

4. Can the FAAB system be commish-approved as opposed to automatically processed? I'd like a system where all the owners submit their FAAB bids and hierarchy secretly to the site, and then after the deadline the site reveals the bids to me for me to approve or adjust accordingly. -can you descrbibe the need for this?

5. Is there a way to delete a transaction from the transaction report without undoing the actual transaction? in commissioner mode go to past transactions and the hit delete on far right.

6. Is there a way to add unlisted players, or is the only option to request the site add the players? I know their player pool is the deepest, but I have owners who like to deep dive for high schoolers and rumored international players. I'd actually like for my owners to be able to submit FAAB bids for unlisted players via some sort of write-in option.- If you find a player that is not in our pool they can request them and they will be in the system within 24 hours.

7. Does Fantrax offer an in-season Games Played By Position report? - We do not have that in a report but you can see each players games played by postion via there player profile screen

That's enough for now I guess. Most of these aren't deal breakers, just perfect world type stuff, and if they are really as accommodating as reported, why not ask for it all?

Tim, thanks for your responses. To follow up...

1. Thank you. Perfect.

2. I had already tried the work around you suggest, but it doesn't show the custom columns I added to the Roster Report (unless I haven't discovered a way to do custom reports where the user can choose which stat/info columns will appear, like CBS?). I use a custom column Fantrax Roster Screen.jpg on the roster page to denote our Guaranteed Long Term Contracts (*), which can't be terminated without penalty, as well as players which are Rookie Keeper eligible (R) and eligible to be kept for free. Basically, it's additional contract information that can't simply be covered by the Salary and Contract Year columns, and which I need to be able to export (or copy & paste) to Excel, and I need to be able to do it without going to each individual team page.

3. We use a $350 cap for our Active Roster, and a $500 cap for our Active & Reserve Roster. Is there a way to enforce, or at least track, both?

4. This is more or less just me being a control freak and wanting to be able to confirm the system is processing our FAAB hierarchy the way we want it to. And also, if an owner thinks he didn't get a player he should have, I will have the necessary info to either correct it, or explain why he is incorrect. I guess I just feel more comfortable with a checks and balances approach. Perhaps I'm a little gun shy from the mess that is CBS' FAAB system.

5. I see the "Undo" arrow, but not a delete button. Fantrax Transaction Screen.jpg Won't the undo arrow fully undo the transaction, reversing lineup changes or reversing the adding or deleting of players to/from the roster? I occasionally want to remove a transaction from the report without undoing the actual effects of the transaction. In the past, this has typically been necessary to correct owners' mistakes while not wanting to accrue additional fees or have unnecessary or unofficial clutter on the reports.

6. Sounds good.

7. I need to be able to generate a spreadsheet with all players' games played by position. At CBS I do it from this report: CBS GPBP Report.jpg I guess the takeaway is so far Fantrax seems to be superior to CBS in every way except Fantrax could use more robust custom reports capabilities.

Again Tim, thanks for your time and attention.
              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                Tim, thanks for your responses. To follow up...

1. Thank you. Perfect.

2. I had already tried the work around you suggest, but it doesn't show the custom columns I added to the Roster Report (unless I haven't discovered a way to do custom reports where the user can choose which stat/info columns will appear, like CBS?). I use a custom column [ATTACH=CONFIG]1031[/ATTACH] on the roster page to denote our Guaranteed Long Term Contracts (*), which can't be terminated without penalty, as well as players which are Rookie Keeper eligible (R) and eligible to be kept for free. Basically, it's additional contract information that can't simply be covered by the Salary and Contract Year columns, and which I need to be able to export (or copy & paste) to Excel, and I need to be able to do it without going to each individual team page.

3. We use a $350 cap for our Active Roster, and a $500 cap for our Active & Reserve Roster. Is there a way to enforce, or at least track, both?

4. This is more or less just me being a control freak and wanting to be able to confirm the system is processing our FAAB hierarchy the way we want it to. And also, if an owner thinks he didn't get a player he should have, I will have the necessary info to either correct it, or explain why he is incorrect. I guess I just feel more comfortable with a checks and balances approach. Perhaps I'm a little gun shy from the mess that is CBS' FAAB system.

5. I see the "Undo" arrow, but not a delete button. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1030[/ATTACH] Won't the undo arrow fully undo the transaction, reversing lineup changes or reversing the adding or deleting of players to/from the roster? I occasionally want to remove a transaction from the report without undoing the actual effects of the transaction. In the past, this has typically been necessary to correct owners' mistakes while not wanting to accrue additional fees or have unnecessary or unofficial clutter on the reports.

6. Sounds good.

7. I need to be able to generate a spreadsheet with all players' games played by position. At CBS I do it from this report: [ATTACH=CONFIG]1032[/ATTACH] I guess the takeaway is so far Fantrax seems to be superior to CBS in every way except Fantrax could use more robust custom reports capabilities.

Again Tim, thanks for your time and attention.
                2) Don't use the custom column setting for that. Go to Commissioner>League Setup> Salaries & Contracts> then select contracrts. Create your custom field there instead. That will follow the player on all screens.

4) All I can say is we've had very few complaints about the accuracy of our FAAB process

5) If you give me your league URL I can look more into this. This should be there.

6) WHy do you need that report? We agree that custom reports need and will be a focus in the future, after some other big projects we've got planned.

Comment

2) Don't use the custom column setting for that. Go to Commissioner>League Setup> Salaries & Contracts> then select contracrts. Create your custom field there instead. That will follow the player on all screens.

4) All I can say is we've had very few complaints about the accuracy of our FAAB process

5) If you give me your league URL I can look more into this. This should be there.

6) WHy do you need that report? We agree that custom reports need and will be a focus in the future, after some other big projects we've got planned.
                  2. Thanks. That looks like it will work.

3. No info on the dual salary caps?

4. I'll do my best to let go of the reigns a bit.

5. I sent you a PM with this info.

6. There are a couple reasons I need a Games Played By Position report. As commish, I am responsible for determining and clearing up any position eligibility questions at the draft. We use the standard 20 games played eligibility for major leaguers, but when you start getting into rookies with less than 20 games played at one position, we use most games played at a particular position if they played at least 20 games total in the majors, and then any plausible position, i.e. any position they have played, if they played less than 20 games total. I suppose we could use the Player Profile page for this, I just find it quicker and easier to have a report with all players in one location. Also, I need this info for my personal draft prep as I need to input it into my homemade draft program to filter my rankings by position. I looked at the Player Profile page and you have this information so I wouldn't think it should be too hard to pull it onto the sortable Players page?

As in my initial post, not all of these issues are deal breakers, some are just features I'm trying to see if I'll be able to replicate similarly to what I was able to do at CBS, as I try to determine if it's worthwhile to go to the effort of migrating my two leagues from CBS to Fantrax, both in setting up the leagues as well as dealing with any backlash from owners who are not always receptive to change.

Again, thanks for your time and effort.
                  Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Tim,

It wouldn't let me send you a PM, so here is my league URL: https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...xjbgorxzw/home

You said you would look into why I seem to only have an Undo Arrow for transactions, but not the Delete button. It looks like it wants to do something in two additional columns on the right, but there just isn't anything there.

I tried loading the page in Chrome and IE and got the same results, for reference.

Comment

Is there an app?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Is Vickrey style FAAB bidding supported
                        We just released a beta version of Vickrey Style FAAB bidding

Comment

We just released a beta version of Vickrey Style FAAB bidding
                          Thank you, that makes me interested in the product.

Comment

The player rankings (whatever you use to generate the "score") seem really off. We're 75 picks in and it thinks the next 31 picks should all be pitchers, which kind of messes with people who time out and get autopicked.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              The player rankings (whatever you use to generate the "score") seem really off. We're 75 picks in and it thinks the next 31 picks should all be pitchers, which kind of messes with people who time out and get autopicked.
                              It would also be nice to have sortable stats in the draft room...say I'm short of speed, I could just click on the SB column and the column and the players would be ordered from best to worst.

CBS has this and it's quite handy in the frenzy of an auction...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                We have it set for those who get timed out to get skipped, not autopicked. But yeah, their "score" is useless. I switched to ADP.

Originally posted by hornsby
                                It would also be nice to have sortable stats in the draft room...say I'm short of speed, I could just click on the SB column and the column and the players would be ordered from best to worst.

CBS has this and it's quite handy in the frenzy of an auction...
                                You have to switch to pitchers or hitters to have this, but it's there.

Comment

Working...
                                X