2K23: Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K23: Colorado Rockies

Much as I hate to start this thread with potentially bad news...

David Dahl’s back issues more serious than Rockies originally thought

Originally posted by Denver Post
    SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The back issues keeping David Dahl off the field and in the training room during spring training are more serious than the Rockies first thought.

Manager Bud Black confirmed Friday morning that Dahl could be out much longer than the club originally anticipated.

“We first said David would be out a couple of days, but it’s going to be longer than that, for sure,” Black said. “I don’t have a timetable on it, but it could be a week or two. There are some things going on with his back. David is undergoing some tests, and scans, and treatment to see what is going on.

“We do think he’s going to be fine, but it’s going to take longer than we first thought. Like I said, we don’t have a real timetable on this.”
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

I'm having very, very bad flashbacks of Mike Lansing.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So, putting a silver lining on this, do we bump up Gerardo Parra now? Had a bad year last year, but it is Coors, and he's a decent player...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

That really sucks...for the person I traded David Dahl to!
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Rockies' Chad Bettis: Diagnosed with cancer recurrence
          2 hrs ago | by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
          Bettis says that his testicular cancer has unexpectedly spread and he will begin chemotherapy in the near future.
          It's heartbreaking news for Bettis, who underwent surgery this offseason and was presumed to be cancer-free heading into spring training. The 27-year-old says his blood tumor markers are at normal levels and that he remains committed to fighting the disease. Bettis will likely begin a chemotherapy cycle within the next week, an extensive process that will keep him out indefinitely.
          The rockies seem snake bitten already, but this is certainly terrible news for Bettis on a personal level.

Comment

Chance for Mark Reynolds to make the roster now?

Comment

why wouldnt they keep a replacement pitcher?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Chance for Mark Reynolds to make the roster now?
                I would think German Marquez or Jeff Hoffman as SP5.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  why wouldnt they keep a replacement pitcher?
                  Sorry, I was thinking about the Dahl injury, not the Bettis thing

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Sorry, I was thinking about the Dahl injury, not the Bettis thing
                    Dahl's supposed back injury turned out to be a rib injury. He might make it back to Spring Training.

Comment

Is Tapia definitely headed to AAA to start the season? Or is there a risk he starts in the bigs?

Comment

apparently the answer was that he headed to AAA for two weeks, but he's up now. Starting tonight in LF.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Jon Gray with a stress fracture in his foot, so he'll miss at least 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            apparently the answer was that he headed to AAA for two weeks, but he's up now. Starting tonight in LF.
                            I think he's probably just up while Parra is on paternity leave (2 days or so).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Jon Gray with a stress fracture in his foot, so he'll miss at least 4 weeks.
                              That sucks. I am all in on him this year. I just hope he can come back strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X