No announcement yet.

2K23: Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean Kris Bryant wanted to come there. CJ Cron and likely Grichuk are going to/have resurrected their careers there. In fact Cron hit a grand slam as I wrote that sentence haha (no kidding).

Freeland is by no means good, but he seems to be serviceable enough in Coors and no free agent SP will ever come there. They tried the draft and develop pitchers route and it got them Jon Gray and Eddie Butler (and Jeff Hoffman who they traded Tulowitzki for) and everyone says their careers were totally screwed because of it. Then again, Freeland himself was a first round pick in 2014 (8th overall) so maybe they feel some loyalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Freeland is by no means good
      We agree here.

Comment

• Love this quote from Nick Pollock this morning:

The Rockies looked at his 3.60 ERA and nothing else, nodded their heads, and said “Yup, $64.5 Million.” Hey, it’s a free land, they can do what they want.

Comment

• So Bryant goes to the IL, they call up Elehuris Montero, he goes 2-for-4, gets sent right back down.

Brendan Rogers continues to hit .109.

Rockies being Rockies.

Comment

So Bryant goes to the IL, they call up Elehuris Montero, he goes 2-for-4, gets sent right back down.

Brendan Rogers continues to hit .109.

Rockies being Rockies.
            I have Montero and I hate to ask but what are his chances with the Rockies for the future? Cron plays 1B and McMahon plays 3B so that leaves DH. I kind of expect Rogers to get it together.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              I have Montero and I hate to ask but what are his chances with the Rockies for the future? Cron plays 1B and McMahon plays 3B so that leaves DH. I kind of expect Rogers to get it together.
              McMahon has also played 2B in the past, but has settled in as a GG level 3B. Anyway a good bat usually finds its way to the lineup.

Comment

• Kris Bryant hit his first home run of the year in his 91st at bat. So glad i kept him instead of C.J. Cron.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Kris Bryant hit his first home run of the year in his 91st at bat. So glad i kept him instead of C.J. Cron.

I bet you don't feel as bad about that as the Rockies do.

Comment

• Cron has been unreal this year. The way he's done it is strange too. After upping his BB rate to 11% last year, he's back closer to his career norm at 6.1%, but the added aggression has produced a ton more power. The .297 BA is more a product of a higher than usual BABIP for him, but crushing the ball at Coors should lead to a high BABIP, so it seems legit. Love this guy, and happy to own him everywhere I can.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rockies are extending, not trading, Daniel Bard because hey a 37-year-old RP is better than a Honda Accord?

“We’re fielding calls. We’ve got some players who are desirable,” Black said. “And I can’t speak to it, but I’ll give you some perspective. Team A might call on one of our players and their front office might say, ‘We like this guy.’ And our front office will say, ‘Well, yeah, he’s a good player, you should be on that player. … But this happens a little bit, too. Hey, you guys have a Range Rover. We’ll take your Range Rover and we’ll give you our Honda Accord.’ And teams expect you to do that.
                        The Rockies have dropped seven of their last ten games, falling into last place in the NL West. They're set …

Comment

The Rockies are extending, not trading, Daniel Bard because hey a 37-year-old RP is better than a Honda Accord?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...-c-j-cron.html
                          Bard owners rejoice!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The Rockies are extending, not trading, Daniel Bard because hey a 37-year-old RP is better than a Honda Accord?

This is how championships are won.

Comment

Those Accords last forever.

Comment

Come to think of it, this is a pretty smart way to drive up the asking price.

Contending GM: You're keeping him? What if I were to add...

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X