No announcement yet.

2K23: Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just keep finding a way to play Pat Valaika! Valaika at 2B, Rey Fuentes at 1B (!), and Hampson in CF tonight. At least Reynolds hit a homer for my NFBC team tonight. As a PH, of course.

Comment

Fuentes is Arenado's cousin, fwiw, for those who play in leagues that give bonus credit for familial connections
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        You guys need to eat your insults now!

Rockies manager Bud Black said Monday that David Dahl has a "slight" core injury and will not be placed on the injured list for the time being.
        It's a pleasant surprise, as it had seemed like Dahl was headed for the IL after tweaking his lower abdomen on a swing Sunday. He will not start on Monday but it sounds like he could return to action in a few days. Raimel Tapia and Garrett Hampson are starting in the Rockies' outfield Monday, with Pat Valaika at second base and Ian Desmond on the bench.
        So much for that. Dahl will indeed be placed on the 10-Day IL.

Comment

Rockies manager Bud Black said Monday that David Dahl has a "slight" core injury and will not be placed on the injured list for the time being.
          It's a pleasant surprise, as it had seemed like Dahl was headed for the IL after tweaking his lower abdomen on a swing Sunday. He will not start on Monday but it sounds like he could return to action in a few days. Raimel Tapia and Garrett Hampson are starting in the Rockies' outfield Monday, with Pat Valaika at second base and Ian Desmond on the bench.
          The Mets medical staff recommended amputation
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

04.09: Craig Mish of Sirius XM reports that David Dahl (abdomen) will be placed on the 10-day injured
            list. (Mish adds that Yonathan Daza will be recalled to take Dahl's spot on the roster. Rockies manager Bud Black said Monday that the core injury Dahl was dealing with was "slight" and he wouldn't land on the IL yet, but it sounds like the club has changed their minds. The Rockies should offer official word on Dahl later this afternoon. Raimel Tapia is in line for an uptick in playing time while Dahl is sidelined.)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

So much for that. Dahl will indeed be placed on the 10-Day IL.
              Hmmm, so they announced that he'll be on the DL twice then? Maybe one more time and he'll meet his quota for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                The Yankees medical staff punched him in the gut to see if that would help

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  That’s funny

Comment

The Rockies are... not good. In what will probably be a very competitive NL wild card race, they are quickly falling out of it at 3-9.

Max Fried shut them down at Coors last night. Their leadoff hitter was Yonathan Daza and they were playing Josh Fuentes at 1B. (Why no Reynolds, I wonder? He did pinch hit and draw a walk)

Comment

Reynolds walked, stole a base, and scored a run tonight. The Rox offense is coming to life in San Diego...
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                        Reynolds walked, stole a base, and scored a run tonight. The Rox offense is coming to life in San Diego...
                        Well, he stole a base because it was a double steal and Mejia decided to go for Story. But yes, encouraging to see them start to hit.

Comment

David Dahl is poised to be activated today.

Comment

Hampson coming around...hope they give the kid a real look considering McMahon/Dahl coming back, he's got skills.
                            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                            UTIL- Benintendi
                            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                            IL: Buxton

Comment

Hope you’re right, msaint. I am heavily invested. But I have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                                Hope you’re right, msaint. I am heavily invested. But I have my doubts.
                                I worry about Hampson's lack of SB attempts. From 2018-19 he's approaching 120 PA with only 3 SB, 1 CS so far. Hope he starts running more. Only 1 SB, 1 CS so far this year.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X