David Price - oh oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Price - oh oh

elbow soreness ... going to see Dr. Andrews ... "we're concerned" ...

adjust accordingly.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

If you had March 2nd in the "day the Red Sox will regret trading Cletus" pool, please collect your winnings.

Comment

Well at least it is early enough so that most keepers havent been set.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

from rotoworld:

Price has been scratched from his scheduled Grapefruit League debut on Sunday and Red Sox manager John Farrell admitted that there is real concern among the club's medical staff. The high-priced left-hander will get a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews at the NFL Combine before anything is announced officially. None of this sounds good.

Comment

I'm in the middle of a slow draft in two leagues. There's gonna be two really unhappy people if he has to go under the knife.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Seeing Dr. Andrews for a second opinion is rarely to boast at how well your UCL looks.

The favorite coming into one of my keeper leagues this year had: Price, Reyes, and Scherzer.

Comment

Who moves up?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

So no surgery, just 7-10 days rest. How concerned are we? Do you draft him this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  So no surgery, just 7-10 days rest. How concerned are we? Do you draft him this weekend?
                  I guess that depends on how late he goes...if the entire league devalues him. If he's still out there in Round 11-12...you have to start thinking of taking a chance.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Going to be interesting how far his auction cost falls, too.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

LABR auctions are this weekend so we'll quickly see where the experts are with him.

Comment

"They said if I was 22 or 23 they'd have told me to go have surgery. ... I've gone through this. This is something I feel like happens every spring training. It's those first four to five weeks of spring training that I feel like I go through this every single year, and this year was just a little bit worse. You know, my arm got a little bit more stiff, and that's why we took the precautionary actions that we took. That was the right thing to do.

What does that even mean? Because he's 30-something, he's expected to have a cranky elbow? That's how I interpret it. But it doesn't sound great.

Comment

I am thinking that David Price will be the first name I throw out at our auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I am thinking that David Price will be the first name I throw out at our auction.
                            He didn't come out till 35th in the PONY auction - I was a little sad. I finally tossed him and he only went for 16, which seemed cheap at the time. But now, who knows?

Comment

Where would people take him in a snake draft?
                              I'm in a 10-man snake tonight and if he was still around by round 11, I'd be tempted....

Comment

Working...
                              X