2K19: Jung Ho Kang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Are you saying that they did not have to pay him when he was in Korea?
    He was on the exempt list. They didn't have to pay him at all while he was on it. If they had released him, he wouldn't be on a major league team and hence not on the exempt list and they would have to pay him.

Comment

Pirates GM Neal Huntington said Monday that Jung Ho Kang will be the team's starting third baseman.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Pirates GM Neal Huntington said Monday that Jung Ho Kang will be the team's starting third baseman.
        5 HR in 28 spring ABs - good
        13 K in 28 spring ABs - less good

Hopefully he's just getting his timing down.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          5 HR in 28 spring ABs - good
          13 K in 28 spring ABs - less good

Hopefully he's just getting his timing down.
          he's 5 for 28 overall.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Isn't it funny how extreme some numbers can be in small samples?

He's 0-10 on balls in play. Give him ~3 hits there and he's suddenly hitting .280.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Isn't it funny how extreme some numbers can be in small samples?

He's 0-10 on balls in play. Give him ~3 hits there and he's suddenly hitting .280.
              Batting average in spring training doesn't really matter. K rate and SLG do matter, at least some. I don't care about the lack of singles (that much). I would like to see better contact.

Comment

I thought about picking him off the WW and passed. Another owner did. I consider him ho-hum overall.

Comment

Kang is playing there more so because of his defense. Also Bell has had a very poor spring so with Kang playing at 3B Moran might cut into Bell's PT. Fantasy bottom line is nobody should spend much for this combo of players.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    Kang is playing there more so because of his defense. Also Bell has had a very poor spring so with Kang playing at 3B Moran might cut into Bell's PT. Fantasy bottom line is nobody should spend much for this combo of players.
                    Yeah,but.... the bottom of the 3B pool is a disaster. If Kang can hit .230 with 20 HR, that's borderline startable in a 15-team mixed or deeper.

Comment

Yeah,but.... the bottom of the 3B pool is a disaster. If Kang can hit .230 with 20 HR, that's borderline startable in a 15-team mixed or deeper.
                      Didn't say not to get him just wouldn't spend too much. Gonzalez also won the SS job so looks like Hurdle is going the defense route.

Comment

That was true in my AL league but there are so many NL qualifiers at 3B (many of whom aren't primarily 3B) that it's almost ridiculous. In the NL alone, before you're down to Kang, you've got:

Arenado
                        Bryant
                        Carpenter
                        Rendon
                        Suarez
                        Shaw
                        Donaldson
                        Baez
                        J.Turner
                        Myers
                        Muncy
                        Moustakas
                        Lamb
                        Happ
                        Senzel
                        Escobar
                        B.Anderson
                        Franco

That's 18 3B qualifiers I'd take before Kang, and maybe also Todd Frazier and Johan Camargo, plus the top 8 or 9 AL 3Bs. So not sure how 3B becomes a disaster unless you insist on playing every multi-position qualifier elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                        X