My little PONY keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little PONY keepers

This team looks much sadder than the past couple of years. Perhaps I shouldn't have left $24 on the table last year. Who's out? Would you go in with less than 10?

15 team mixed, standard 5x5, 2 catchers.
    o = option year, +$5. G = gone in that year

Kris Bryant $5 o18
    Bogaerts $5 o17 - Extend? How many?
    J Bradley $1 o17 - Extend? How many?
    Zobrist $8 o18
    Votto $30 o17
    Hanley $19 o18

G Cole $15 g18
    K Herrera $5 o18

Others:
    Nola $5 o18
    T Joseph $5 o18
    B Phillips $9 o18
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Doesn't look that bad. I'd extend both one year and toss Phillips back.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I've got cheap expiring contracts on both Dozier and C Hamels, and a decent one on Sale.

2 years ago was even nicer. I had a great team that I parlayed into a 4th place finish.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I've got cheap expiring contracts on both Dozier and C Hamels, and a decent one on Sale.

2 years ago was even nicer. I had a great team that I parlayed into a 4th place finish.
        I believe in Dozier to come close to reproducing his 2016 numbers. He's also a candidate to get moved to a better run producing lineup mid-season, and if he's under $30, could become a keeper for an extra season or two. I own him myself at $28 in an AL league, and these have been my personal conclusions. That 2nd half is insane.

Hamels and Sale are tough calls. I've read up and down reports on both.

So, what prices are these 3? I believe Tommy Joseph $5 is your 9th, but you should consider Dozier at a discount on draft price as your 10th.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I believe in Dozier to come close to reproducing his 2016 numbers. He's also a candidate to get moved to a better run producing lineup mid-season, and if he's under $30, could become a keeper for an extra season or two. I own him myself at $28 in an AL league, and these have been my personal conclusions. That 2nd half is insane.

Hamels and Sale are tough calls. I've read up and down reports on both.

So, what prices are these 3? I believe Tommy Joseph $5 is your 9th, but you should consider Dozier at a discount on draft price as your 10th.
          Opps, sorry, I meant they expired this year, so they are gone. Last year, and especially the year before the team looked much nice going into the auction... then I did things like leave $24 on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I agree with this.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm with the consensus on all but the Bogaerts extension. This looks like a high inflation league, so I'd extend him two years instead of one.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X