No announcement yet.

2K17: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting that instead of summoning Blake Parker to save a 1-run lead, the Angels called on Eduardo Paredes, who I'd never heard of. I didnt check to see how much Parker has been used lately but he blew a save yesterday. They had already used Bedrosian but not Parker, Petit or Middleton. Paredes gave up 2 hits and a BB but got the very shaky save. And it's not like this was a meaningless game, as the win put the Angels in the 2nd wild card spot. Paredes is only 22 y/o but was only BA's #31 prospect in a very bad Angels system. He had a good K-rate in the minors but not so far in MLB. So the closer committee may still be in effect w maybe another pitcher joining the stable. And Norris comes off the DL tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Indeed, McGee gets the next opp and throws a perfect inn for the save today (no Ks). RW said, tho, that the Rockies' mgr wants Holland to get the job back and will use a committee in the interim.
      Holland w a perfect inn for the save tonite (no Ks). I believe it's the 1st one since Bud Black gave him some "time off".

Comment

• Trenien has blown/lost 2 in a row now... Although the one last night was lost on a bloop single to right that arguably should have been caught by a diving left fielder... so it goes. Maybe Casilla is next in line over there?

Comment

Holland w a perfect inn for the save tonite (no Ks). I believe it's the 1st one since Bud Black gave him some "time off".
          The second out was a long fly ball by Nick Hundley that almost went yard but a SV is a SV, especially in Coors.

McGee surrendered 3 ER in the 8th.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
            Trenien has blown/lost 2 in a row now... Although the one last night was lost on a bloop single to right that arguably should have been caught by a diving left fielder... so it goes. Maybe Casilla is next in line over there?
            Chris Hatcher w the save today for the A's. His 1st of the yr but he had 4 w the Dodgers in 2015. Has a good career K rate but also a somewhat high ERA and WHIP. Maybe worth a flyer but I would expect this to be more of a committee scenario.

Comment

Chris Hatcher w the save today for the A's. His 1st of the yr but he had 4 w the Dodgers in 2015. Has a good career K rate but also a somewhat high ERA and WHIP. Maybe worth a flyer but I would expect this to be more of a committee scenario.
              Trenien had been out there a lot, so he could have been unavailable. He could also be plain bad. Or both.

Comment

• Matheny showing faith in Lyons after the first 2 batters got hits. 14 of 16 pitches for strikes.

Comment

Working...
                X