Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Party 2017 and beyond

Big Leaguer
    Looks like Michigan GOP following in the steps of NJ Dems and letting a bad bill die.
    https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-repu...180148864.html

AOC is growing awesomer by the day. Loving both the dance video leaked to embarrass her and her response to it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/polit...rnd/index.html

AOC will be interesting to watch. In my mind she is overly idealistic and will probably find frustration that the game isnt played how she wants it to be played. We will see where her tenure leads, but I will admit when I heard her say that Congress shouldnt be getting paid during the "outage" - well it is one thing I can agree with her on.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Suburbs of Minneapolis...close to Hornsby
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    AOC is growing awesomer by the day. Loving both the dance video leaked to embarrass her and her response to it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/polit...rnd/index.html
    I hope she doesn't decide she needs to clap back at every naysayer on social media.

This old video is great, and IMO, makes her more of a real person than we anticipate from our politicians. If she decides she needs to respond to every spat on Twitter, she'll be a more refined Donald Trump. Don't let everyone be in your ear.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    I hope she doesn't decide she needs to clap back at every naysayer on social media.

This old video is great, and IMO, makes her more of a real person than we anticipate from our politicians. If she decides she needs to respond to every spat on Twitter, she'll be a more refined Donald Trump. Don't let everyone be in your ear.
    It's funny how she is under constant attack from the right yet when she responds she gets criticized some more for responding. In other words, "unlikeable", just like almost every other strong female Democratic leader. I love her response and her unwillingness to take any shit from her opponents.
    Last edited by DMT; 01-04-2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Grammar
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    It's funny how she is under constant attack from the right yet when she responds she gets criticized some more for responding. In other words, "unlikeable", just like almost every other strong female Democratic leader. I love her response and willingness not take any shit from her opponents.
    She is exceedingly likeable. Even the people that have been pretending to hate her secretly love her. It's true.

Big Leaguer
    What a strange attempt of a hit on AOC. oooh footage was dug up from her school days that she smiled and danced with friends. And btw, absolutely none of these people should be getting paid, or have medical, or have their special parking space, or any other damn perk, until shut down is over with. AOC is right, as at that point this over compensated bunch of idgits would lock themselves in congress until shut down over and make this something that never happens again.

It amazes me how terrified the GOPers are of a 27-year old neophyte who has 2 days of service under her belt.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    It amazes me how terrified the GOPers are of a 27-year old neophyte who has 2 days of service under her belt.
    They need a boogeywoman to account for their "Lock Her Up" chants. And, they see in her the future of this country and it's fucking grim for them.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by baldgriff View Post
    AOC will be interesting to watch. In my mind she is overly idealistic and will probably find frustration that the game isnt played how she wants it to be played. We will see where her tenure leads, but I will admit when I heard her say that Congress shouldnt be getting paid during the "outage" - well it is one thing I can agree with her on.
    Hold off on your agreement for a minute. Those rules might not apply to her.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....tdown-pay/amp/