Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Party 2017 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    fyi, the NJ gerrymandering wilted in the light of day and now is off the table....
    Hmmm, maybe one side isn't as crooked as the other?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Or, it was so blatant that even a clown like Phil Murphy couldn’t defend it. But yeah, hold up the state that relected a guy who was indicted for fraud as a beacon of Democratic virtue.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    Or, it was so blatant that even a clown like Phil Murphy couldn’t defend it. But yeah, hold up the state that relected a guy who was indicted for fraud as a beacon of Democratic virtue.
    Not holding them up as anything...it's an extremely low bar. Feel free to show me Republicans standing for anything other than power.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by senorsheep View Post
    Show me where I've defended gerrymandering from any state? Don't spend much time as it'll be a futile effort.
    - Terence McKenna

The irony is calling "whataboutism" when discussing gerrymandering. The relative impact of each side doing it is probably about 90-10 in favor of Republicans but keep on focusing on that 10 to pretend it's 50-50.
    - Terence McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    fyi, the NJ gerrymandering wilted in the light of day and now is off the table....
    To their extreme credit, the progressive NJ 11th for Change group, which protested every week outside Rep. Frelinghuysen's office and was viewed by many as largely responsible for leading Frelinghuysen to retire and flipping that longtime red district blue, was very active in advocating against the idea of Democrats re-districting to gerrymander the state in their favor.

Show me where I've defended gerrymandering from any state? Don't spend much time as it'll be a futile effort.
    Attempting to discredit opponent (Republicans) - Check!
    Claiming something else is worse (Republican acceptance of gerrymandering) - Check!
    Failing to address the initial claim (Democratic scumbaggery) - Check!

The call on the field is confirmed.

Correct "no whataboutism" response: Yes, the sociopaths in the New Jersey Democratc Party leadership were behaving like absolute scumbags. I'm glad the "good government" folks in their rank and file rejected their scumbaggery.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Quote Originally Posted by senorsheep View Post
    Attempting to discredit opponent (Republicans) - Check!
    Claiming something else is worse (Republican acceptance of gerrymandering) - Check!
    Failing to address the initial claim (Democratic scumbaggery) - Check!

The call on the field is confirmed.

Correct "no what-about-ism" response: Yes, the sociopaths in the New Jersey Democratc Party leadership were behaving like absolute scumbags. I'm glad the "good government" folks in their rank and file rejected their scumbaggery.
    All that from this sentence: "Hmmm, maybe one side isn't as crooked as the other?" Damn, I missed my calling!
    - Terence McKenna

Big Leaguer
    The irony is calling "whataboutism" when discussing gerrymandering. The relative impact of each side doing it is probably about 90-10 in favor of Republicans but keep on focusing on that 10 to pretend it's 50-50.
    Well, since the most recent attempt at gerrymandering came from Democrats, it would make sense that JJ would bring it up. But, to quote you, feel free to show me where I support gerrymandering by either team. Don’t spend too much time, it will be a futile effort.