Democratic Party 2017 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    There's some really vile hate speech in there. Perhaps hate is the wrong word, but something acidic like bile. Nothing those women are saying speaks to unity or democracy. I mean just look at these quotes, really just hateful. You'd have to be living in a social media left wing bubble to not recognize how vile and hateful this is:

REP. ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ: Yeah no I think it really kind of takes me back to what I learned about in grade school about, I think about Ruby Bridges and I think about this time when people who advocated for the most vulnerable were called anti-American. And I think about the fact that when people say this is not America, I think that America has always been a story and America has always been about the triumph of people who fight for everyone versus those who want to preserve rights for just a select few. And there is no bottom to the barrel of vitriol that will be used and weaponized to stifle those who want to advance rights for all people in the United States.

REP. AYANNA PRESSLEY : Gayle, and that's what I want us to, that's what I want to focus on. I just want to say this. I am heartened, and we all are, encouraged and grateful for the solidarity that that has been offered by our colleagues, by our neighbors, and by a people representing every walk of life since this happened, but I do feel that I'm sort of sitting from a place of privilege that we can have this level of focus and attention about hateful tweets in the context of, you know, Eric Garner's mother today did not get justice from this Department of Justice.

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB : And I can tell you personally, I mean as soon as I heard that, it wasn't really about us. I thought to myself, immediately I wanted to, and I put a video out, telling all of the residents, all of the residents of the thirteenth Congressional district that believed in me, somebody like myself to serve them in the Congress- in Congress, I wanted them to know they belonged.

REP. ILHAN OMAR: Yes! I mean that nothing I said, at least to me, was meant for that purpose. And- and I have taken I think every single opportunity I've gotten to make sure that people understand that my work and one of my responsibilities is to make sure that we are dealing with the issue of anti-Semitism. That as I fight hard to deal with Islamophobia that I am going to do the same thing because I understand that both of our communities are under threat with white supremacy.

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB : I like to think about growing and nurturing and loving

REP. ILHAN OMAR: And then what we wanna do is we want to build a system that works for all of us. We want to make sure that we have an opportunity um to ah be in relationships with one another. We do want to create a system that is of the people, for the people. Many of the policies that we advocate, whether it is Medicare for all, or cancelling out student debt, or dealing with our climate crisis, most of those policies poll at 70 percent plus.
    I hate Stupidity, Willful Ignorance and Hypocrisy. I'm a hateful,Vile spewing Virtue signalling, Progressive in a Left Winged Bubble (Good name for a band).

BUt that's ok cuz I'm also a Padre fan, so things are looking up en?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

There's some really vile hate speech in there. Perhaps hate is the wrong word, but something acidic like bile. Nothing those women are saying speaks to unity or democracy. I mean just look at these quotes, really just hateful. You'd have to be living in a social media left wing bubble to not recognize how vile and hateful this is:

REP. ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ: Yeah no I think it really kind of takes me back to what I learned about in grade school about, I think about Ruby Bridges and I think about this time when people who advocated for the most vulnerable were called anti-American. And I think about the fact that when people say this is not America, I think that America has always been a story and America has always been about the triumph of people who fight for everyone versus those who want to preserve rights for just a select few. And there is no bottom to the barrel of vitriol that will be used and weaponized to stifle those who want to advance rights for all people in the United States.

REP. AYANNA PRESSLEY : Gayle, and that's what I want us to, that's what I want to focus on. I just want to say this. I am heartened, and we all are, encouraged and grateful for the solidarity that that has been offered by our colleagues, by our neighbors, and by a people representing every walk of life since this happened, but I do feel that I'm sort of sitting from a place of privilege that we can have this level of focus and attention about hateful tweets in the context of, you know, Eric Garner's mother today did not get justice from this Department of Justice.

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB : And I can tell you personally, I mean as soon as I heard that, it wasn't really about us. I thought to myself, immediately I wanted to, and I put a video out, telling all of the residents, all of the residents of the thirteenth Congressional district that believed in me, somebody like myself to serve them in the Congress- in Congress, I wanted them to know they belonged.

REP. ILHAN OMAR: Yes! I mean that nothing I said, at least to me, was meant for that purpose. And- and I have taken I think every single opportunity I've gotten to make sure that people understand that my work and one of my responsibilities is to make sure that we are dealing with the issue of anti-Semitism. That as I fight hard to deal with Islamophobia that I am going to do the same thing because I understand that both of our communities are under threat with white supremacy.

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB : I like to think about growing and nurturing and loving

REP. ILHAN OMAR: And then what we wanna do is we want to build a system that works for all of us. We want to make sure that we have an opportunity um to ah be in relationships with one another. We do want to create a system that is of the people, for the people. Many of the policies that we advocate, whether it is Medicare for all, or cancelling out student debt, or dealing with our climate crisis, most of those policies poll at 70 percent plus.
      The part about growing and nurturing and loving is a such a dog-whistle. I think we all know what it really means.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The part about growing and nurturing and loving is a such a dog-whistle. I think we all know what it really means.
        :nods:

She hates Jews.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Lol. In other words you just don't like them.
          I'm saying they are a mirror.

You keep calling Trump names--racist, sexist, homophobic, incompetent, etc. It's all a transference of yourself and the reality is shown in these four racist, sexist, homophobic, incompetent, etc. women.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

You keep calling Trump names--racist, sexist, homophobic, incompetent, etc. It's all a transference of yourself and the reality is shown in these four racist, sexist, homophobic, incompetent, etc. women.

J
            provide evidence of your claim that they are vile and spouting hatred or just shut up.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

J
              This is possibly the dumbest thing you've ever written. Which actually means it might crack the top 100.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

J
                Pick a quote from the 33-minute interview with four of them, a direct quote from a presser, or quote link a tweet, otherwise as Slasher said stop spewing your nonsense on these 4 women. You can disagree with all their positions but they are representing 4 very left-leaning districts and their positions reflect their electorate.

Comment

J
                  First of all, I don't waste my time calling out Trump, because it is so obvious that there is no need. But damn, this has to be the most delusional post I've ever seen on RJ . The squad are racist, sexist and homophobic. Holy Shit. I'm sure JJ will jump in to give you a high five any minute now.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 1J jumps the shark, in case anyone thought he didn't do that years ago
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

1J jumps the shark, in case anyone thought he didn't do that years ago
                      Yeah, when a troll goes too far, it reveals the act as just trolling. 1jay sometimes walks the line so well many of us forget he is just trolling. But he really tipped his hand too much on this one.

Comment

• Fine. Don't believe me. Those four are the face of the Democratic party right now, for better or worse.

I say worse. There is nothing inviting or welcoming about any of them. Quite the opposite.

We will put it to the test in 16 months. Is that proof enough?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Fine. Don't believe me. Those four are the face of the Democratic party right now, for better or worse.

I say worse. There is nothing inviting or welcoming about any of them. Quite the opposite.

We will put it to the test in 16 months. Is that proof enough?

J
                          you claimed they are vile, hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic. I'll say it for about the one hundredth time. Provide some evidence for your claims. We all know you won't, so I guess that is why you want to switch to something 16 months in the future.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

you claimed they are vile, hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic. I'll say it for about the one hundredth time. Provide some evidence for your claims. We all know you won't, so I guess that is why you want to switch to something 16 months in the future.
                            This.

Hey OneJay Answer the question or:

I'll ask someone to 'Knock the crap' out of you or

'Punch you in the Face' or

have some 'Very fine People' run over you with a car.

As a Trump supporter you should be totally fine with any of those options....................
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              This.

Hey OneJay Answer the question or:

I'll ask someone to 'Knock the crap' out of you or

'Punch you in the Face' or

have some 'Very fine People' run over you with a car.

As a Trump supporter you should be totally fine with any of those options....................
                              He can't provide the evidence because it's not there and he just made up the accusations. As if it's not clear enough by his lack of response, anyone who spends 15 minutes reading their twitter pages or interviews can see that his claim is absurd. Or alternatively IJ is speaking the truth and I live in a social media bubble.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

J
                                Yeah, this is extremely idiotic, 1J.

Comment

Working...
                                X