Democratic Party 2017 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Well what if it is the position of the DNC ? Why fire someone who is making your organization's position clear ?
    Then the candidates should all revolt. They can't ban the all. That threat mag work for a no shot candidate like Inside, but if even a couple if frontrunners joined in, they would have to cave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Then the candidates should all revolt. They can't ban the all.
      I suspect most of the candidates support the DNC position, or at least would not be willing to fight them. I guess we will.see
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I will be shocked if anything comes out of this. Inslee will be put in his place and everyone will move on
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Well what if it is the position of the DNC ? Why fire someone who is making your organization's position clear ?
          Bingo.

They already put in place the rule that any political organizer who works against an incumbant (like AOC did) will be banned from working with other Democratic candidates in the future. They do not believe in Democracy, it's just business to them.

Yet some folks get upset when Dem candidates aren't loyal enough to the party. Ridiculous.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I definitely think that, particularly in the wake of the devaluing of "superdelegates" and other issues, they're anxious to maintain as much control and dominion over the Democratic Primary processes as they can, which I suspect means that they'd look to prevent a springing-forth of lots of independent, alternative "debates" that would potentially water down the audience for their debates. I don't think it has anything to do with them wanted to avoid discussion of climate change, but for "their" debates they presumably want to hit all of the issues they think would play to Democratic advantage up and down ballot and across all jurisdictions.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              I definitely think that, particularly in the wake of the devaluing of "superdelegates" and other issues, they're anxious to maintain as much control and dominion over the Democratic Primary processes as they can, which I suspect means that they'd look to prevent a springing-forth of lots of independent, alternative "debates" that would potentially water down the audience for their debates. I don't think it has anything to do with them wanted to avoid discussion of climate change, but for "their" debates they presumably want to hit all of the issues they think would play to Democratic advantage up and down ballot and across all jurisdictions.
              Certainly its about the DNC trying to maintain control. I have such a low opinion of the DNC that I think this is not a good thing. I'm sure you and others have a lot more faith in the DNC and would not find this troubling.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• What do you all think of Nancy Pelosi's recent "performance"?

I don't have time to get into it, off to work right now, but I think she's been particularly pathetic lately. She gave Trump an increased budget to torture kids at the border without even the bare minimum measures to protect those kids. At least 6 have died in the past few months.

She also spoke out against AOC, Pressly, Omar, etc, saying they're only 4 votes. Thoughts?
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I am beginning to wonder what the Democratic party will look like in 2017. Trump looks like a lock. Anything more than 4-1 is unreasonable this far out, but he's worth all of that. The question is how long his coat tails will be. If trends and activity keep to the same lines, this is shaping up to a reverse of 2008. Since the Republicans already own the Senate and are only 35 votes behind in the House, that would be ugly.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    I am beginning to wonder what the Democratic party will look like in 2017. Trump looks like a lock. Anything more than 4-1 is unreasonable this far out, but he's worth all of that. The question is how long his coat tails will be. If trends and activity keep to the same lines, this is shaping up to a reverse of 2008. Since the Republicans already own the Senate and are only 35 votes behind in the House, that would be ugly.

J
                    What year is it on J's Bizarro World?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      What year is it on J's Bizarro World?
                      Each time I read one of his posts, I get an itchy finger to block so I no longer have to read his nonsense, but something has inexplicably kept me from pulling the trigger.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Pelosi needs to step down. Politics as usual is a losing platform and it's the only thing she has going for her.

Anyone in the democratic party on the wrong side of AOC and those like her can pack up now.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am beginning to seriously wonder if Trump will succeed in breaking the whole Democratic party in the 2020 election. At the moment he has succeeded in painting the Democratic party with four angry, shrill women. This cannot be good for the Democrat's 2020 house elections. On the back burner is the multi-layered DoJ, FBI, CIA, NSA internal review of the 2016 election. This is equivalent to the Democrat's own Watergate but on a much bigger scale. This is the sort of scandal that lingers for generations.

We will see. As of now things are still calm but there are 473 days til the election. Trump knows theater. Don't expect him to mess up the timing.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I am beginning to seriously wonder if Trump will succeed in breaking the whole Democratic party in the 2020 election. At the moment he has succeeded in painting the Democratic party with four angry, shrill women. This cannot be good for the Democrat's 2020 house elections. On the back burner is the multi-layered DoJ, FBI, CIA, NSA internal review of the 2016 election. This is equivalent to the Democrat's own Watergate but on a much bigger scale. This is the sort of scandal that lingers for generations.

We will see. As of now things are still calm but there are 473 days til the election. Trump knows theater. Don't expect him to mess up the timing.

J
                            Heaven forbid a political party be associated with women! Angry and shrill women,, of color no less! On a related note, has anyone ever used the term shrill for a man? Maybe I haven't heard them communicate enough, but I don't think I've heard them scream and yell in a high-pitched piercing manner. I suppose you want these "shrill, angry women" of color to leave the country as well? I also forget, were you hell-bent on seeing Obama's birth certificate too? Do you approve of Trump returning to this same playbook to court white nationalists? Are you aware of the surge of passionate support and shear joy expressed by every white nationalist group who helped get Trump elected in 2016 at these new statements? What do you think about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Heaven forbid a political party be associated with women! Angry and shrill women,, of color no less! On a related note, has anyone ever used the term shrill for a man? Maybe I haven't heard them communicate enough, but I don't think I've heard them scream and yell in a high-pitched piercing manner. I suppose you want these "shrill, angry women" of color to leave the country as well? I also forget, were you hell-bent on seeing Obama's birth certificate too? Do you approve of Trump returning to this same playbook to court white nationalists? Are you aware of the surge of passionate support and shear joy expressed by every white nationalist group who helped get Trump elected in 2016 at these new statements? What do you think about that?
                              I guarantee Nancy Pelosi is upset about it. It isn't the women as such, it's the vileness they are spewing that Trumps wants in the public eye. Democrats talk of Trump preaching hate. Actions are louder than words and the Squad is hatred personified.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I guarantee Nancy Pelosi is upset about it. It isn't the women as such, it's the vileness they are spewing that Trumps wants in the public eye. Democrats talk of Trump preaching hate. Actions are louder than words and the Squad is hatred personified.

J
                                do you have some examples of the vileness they are spewing ? Say compared to what Donald Trump and his supporters are throwing out there ?
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X