Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Party 2017 and beyond

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    yes, i am sure that chart showing 18k households (not individuals) with AGI of 10mill+ is different than 2k number for individuals, as one is counting LT cap gains which would not be taxed at 70% even with AOC suggestion, the 2k with 10 mill+ income is basically celebrities. In any case, we as a country have gone entirely opposite direction than raising tax on the absurdly well to do you will never meet them handful of 10+ mill annual income peeps but nevertheless have opponents with lots to say in their defense.
    It’s not a chart saying 18061 filers claimed and AGI of 10M+, it’s the IRS claiming that. Where is your source for the number being only 2000?

i live in Massachusetts and i don't want to have healthcare anymore. because of the healthcare thing we have i can't do my state taxes on tax slayer unless i can fill out the health care part. but i should always do my state taxes. i am thinking i can lie and use my HC form from the previous year and commit tax fraud, i guess. if i did do you think i'd get caught? i think the penalty for not having health care is $1k and i only pay less than $1.5k for health care a year, but i still don't want it.

the amount of money i fucking paid for health care my entire life and never used it. and i swear now it seems all doctors want to do is make money. heh. if i got sick i'd rather save the money myself and pay my own way, or if something major happened to me, i'd rather die than go in huge debt.

does the federal law mandate have any bearing on the state law mandatory health care mandate?..anyone know a good shaman? health care seems like a ripoff. but now that i am 50 yo. it's not a very good idea to quit having it now. doh

Big Leaguer
    it is an irs chart, not sure why you think there is disagreement there. what i said was that link you posted stated for households, not individuals, and that number includes LT cap gains which would not be taxed at 70% under anyones plan. i believe it was a wsj article i read that few years ago, just a guess, there were about 2000 individuals, not households, again not conflicting with 18 k number, just you see disagreement where there isnt one. we could go this way, fun with numbers i read somewhere "There are 205 people in America who earn more than $50 million a year in wages alone."

"Another way to say that: These people are not just in the top 1%, or top 0.1% — they’re in the top 0.000001%." Why does this matter? No clue, just another fun with numbers article posed somewhere. Ah, SS data, not IRS, https://www.marketwatch.com/story/he...ges-2018-10-18

We can talk about the 50+ mill club if preferable,though that is mostly guys who name their own compensation via exercised stock options at their own companies, a silly game where they could just as easily give themselves a $1 salary, and exercise next year when they decide to purchase their mega mansion/yacht whatever, its monopoly money. Not sure this matters as losing forest for the trees, its more about a small handful and whether our current system should continue to run ever ballooning debt or the hyper increasing wealth of that handful of people maybe should be taxed at a rate more approximating what was on the books of our country for a half century

Jeff Bezos is really a human possessed by a demon like Dick Clark and Celine Dion. you can see how his eye's act funny and one gets smaller and one get bigger when you take his picture. it's a classic sign of someone that is possessed. heh

i think the least we should do is make people possessed by spirits pay extra taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    Jeff Bezos is really a human possessed by a demon like Dick Clark and Celine Dion. you can see how his eye's act funny and one gets smaller and one get bigger when you take his picture. it's a classic sign of someone that is possessed. heh

i think the least we should do is make people possessed by spirits pay extra taxes.
    Or, we can charge each spirit in the possessed body taxes separately!

gcstomp,

anyone who believes that their tax rate is too low, as a moral issue, logically would send the IRS the amount they believe is proper.
    NOTHING would stop them from also seeking to then have that rate codified so that similarly-wealthy people would pay the same.

I don't understand your logic even a little bit. as I said, it makes no sense for anyone to truly believe in something - but not follow through because the federal government isn't forcing them to do so. is there any other issue where you think someone can make a claim of believing in something, but they are forced to the sidelines because they can only do what the federal government tells them? what am I missing?

the Ocasio-Cortez one is a completely different story. she doesn't have much money, and we all have to eat.
    just finished my 35th year in 12-team NL 5x5
    AVG collapse in Sept left us finishing 4th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

UPDATED! 2019 keeper candidates (can keep up to 11)
    SP Kershaw 42, AWood 5, CSmith 1
    RP Jeffress 1, Dominguez 10, Knebel 2
    C Realmuto 13, 3B Longoria 15, 2B Kendrick 8, 2S Hanson 10
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, CarGo 14, FCordero 10

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    AOC is growing awesomer by the day. Loving both the dance video leaked to embarrass her and her response to it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/polit...rnd/index.html
    so did anyone credible actually criticize her for this?
    if not, what is the 'awesome' part again?
    and if not, then what are we posting here, really?
    propaganda?
    #echochambers

Big Leaguer
    i detailed taxes arent voluntary. I posted Warren Buffet post where he explains wealthy would be open to paying more in taxes. I explained best I could over the years this has come up, the mega wealthy understand they are in a fortunate position and would pay more as a class, but no one would individually just give more in taxes as an individual just as a charity. It would have to be law where every other mega wealthy 50 mill a year earner or whatever also has to pay as codified in taxes. I get you dont understand, even a little, and it does not matter what I post, or links I post showing wealthy saying exactly this. I hear that, and it doesnt matter, so would like if rather than you trolling me, we moved beyond. This really does not matter. We are a tax less for mega wealthy time period, a social experiment that tests how much disparity we can have in the 1% vs 99% before there is mass blood.

Big Leaguer
    this is a varied board, but for simplicity, assume we have a board of 1000 people, all single, all earn 100k a year, and pays their taxes. Taxes at 24% bracket, so effective tax about 17%. Now assume this year and next year law is this group only has to be $100. No IRS hiding, this is the deal, you only owe $100. Out of 1000 people, exactly zero will voluntarily give more to IRS as an individual. Next year tax rate goes back to 24% and they all pay the new rate. This is not surprising, right? People are willing to pay their tax today at 24%, they would pay the $100 flat next 2 years with no one just giving more because, and when law goes back to normal, they would willingly pay their taxes again at 24%.

"the mega wealthy understand they are in a fortunate position and would pay more as a class, but no one would individually just give more in taxes as an individual just as a charity. It would have to be law where every other mega wealthy 50 mill a year earner or whatever also has to pay as codified in taxes."

why this makes any sense to you, I will leave for the board to decide. and with this, I move on.