Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Party 2017 and beyond

Gotta love when she tells Cooper that on your 10millionth dollar you should be taxed at 70%. That if you make more you are obligated to give more to the government.

No one in this world is obligated to give more to the government than another person - no matter how much or little you make! It's inane!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Quote Originally Posted by In the Corn View Post
    Stop it with the whataboutism!

When it comes to AOC, I love that she has fresh ideas and passion. I was a little disappoint with her interview on 60 Minutes. You can't have it both ways.
    She has passion - not so sure on the "fresh ideas" and definitely blowing smoke up everyone's ass when she cant understand or put together a sentence about how to pay for any of her plans. Plans which are exceedingly expensive to a point she doesnt appear to comprehend.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Quote Originally Posted by baldgriff View Post
    Gotta love when she tells Cooper that on your 10millionth dollar you should be taxed at 70%. That if you make more you are obligated to give more to the government.

No one in this world is obligated to give more to the government than another person - no matter how much or little you make! It's inane!
    Flat-taxxers are almost as foolish as flat-earthers.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

It could be like the luxury tax in baseball! Maybe she's onto something (I keed, I keed).

Im no flat earther.

I just believe that we should all be able to spend our money (as much of it as we can) based on our own decisions. Neither one of us is obligated to give a larger percentage of their earnings because we happen to make more than the other person.

Im no flat earther.

I just believe that we should all be able to spend our money (as much of it as we can) based on our own decisions. Neither one of us is obligated to give a larger percentage of their earnings because we happen to make more than the other person.
    I'd like to see the accounting that makes THAT work!
    36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    KILLING it in June, now 6th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Moronta, Dyson, Guerrero
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte 10, SS BCrawford 9, 2S CBarnes 8
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Bruce, UT Cooper
    IL: SP CSmith 1, SP PLopez 1, SP Cueto 1, 1B Beaty, SS EGonzalez 2, OF Quinn*
    minors: OF NWilliams 2, OF Daza, OF RDavis

Im no flat earther.

And that puts you on the fringes of every industrialized nation on earth. You're certainly welcome to your opinions but just realize how extreme they are and perhaps ask why?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Wow, really? Have you ever tuned into Fox News and see how they criticized her for not only these recent comments, but when she claimed she couldn't afford to buy clothes, they dissected her wardrobe? Really J, it's like you're in some nether world.

Maybe this will help:
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/25/opini...lah/index.html
    I haven't watched broadcast or cable news in a decade. However, dissecting her wardrobe fits comfortably with "leans to amusement." Your CNN story reinforces the premise that Republicans are poking fun at AOC, which they find offensive. Look at it this way, she's the Democratic Dan Quayle.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    And that puts you on the fringes of every industrialized nation on earth. You're certainly welcome to your opinions but just realize how extreme they are and perhaps ask why?
    Plenty of countries have a VAT, which is the more practical cousin of the flat tax—maybe we should look at that instead of a DOA 70% upper income level tax.

Big Leaguer
    Progressive tax with some larger numbers than we have seen since Reagan days on super wealthy seems solidly rational. When country worked at its best, with not just greatest economic growth but less extreme disparity, from 1981 and prior, around 70% as top marginal rate was in force. Why wasnt it madness then, all thru 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, and before all thru then but now its unthinkable? And this isnt resulting in the mega wealthy ending up on soup lines, those making only 10 mill a year and below would be taxed at same is it 35%ish, with deductions/creative accounting closer to 15% for many as now.

We are only talking about 2000 people in our country, many pro athletes, musicians and actors making up bulk, with some mega wealthy like Buffett and Gates who have publicly said for decades they believe uber rich should be taxed more. I explained why in prior post for the snarky response why the dont simply voluntarily pay more. Thats not how taxes work, though they give vast amounts to various charities, that is separate to this not unreasonable progressive tax on this small amount of people that has proven to work not only around the world but in our own country for many decades.

Kardashians, Justin Bieber, and Christina Aguilera arent going to decides to earn less because of the 70% tax on 10 mill and above annual earnings, and that is typical profile for the person who makes that much.