Democratic Party 2017 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I've been told he "checks a lot of the right boxes". I wish was joking.
    i just really dont understand the appeal. I am no fan of billionaires buying elections but that Steyer dude seems a lot better from what i have seen
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I watched about half the debate, really no surprises or epiphanies. For the life of me I'd like someone to explain Buttigieg to me. Frat Boy word salad on steroids. Just not my thing.
      He's evidently smart, thoughtful and generally reasonable. Someone who is young, smart, thoughtful and reasonable can be a pretty solid anti-Trump. He's not my first choice, but I certainly get his appeal. He's a talented center-left option who maybe has greater potential than most of the other candidates to mitigate the gaping partisan divide that has Americans feeling so contemptuously about one another.
      Last edited by B-Fly; 12-20-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        He's evidently smart, thoughtful and generally reasonable. Someone who is young, smart, thoughtful and reasonable can be a pretty solid anti-Trump. He's not my first choice, but I certainly get his appeal. He's a talented center-left option who maybe has greater potential than most of the other candidates to mitigate the gaping partisan divide that has Americans feeling so contemptuously about one another.
        In summary, he seems really nice and smart. Which is fine, but it in no way should qualify him to be president. His record in South Bend is not very good from what I have seen, though to be fair, the reports I have read were from people not likely to offer glowing reviews. If I considered him qualified I would take a closer look. But he really just seems like someone who is only on stage because people with a lot of money and connections trust him to represent them.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

In summary, he seems really nice and smart. Which is fine, but it in no way should qualify him to be president. His record in South Bend is not very good from what I have seen, though to be fair, the reports I have read were from people not likely to offer glowing reviews. If I considered him qualified I would take a closer look. But he really just seems like someone who is only on stage because people with a lot of money and connections trust him to represent them.
          I don't think he started with institutional support. He earned it on the campaign trail and the debate stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            I don't think he started with institutional support. He earned it on the campaign trail and the debate stage.
            I disagree, but what you say is possible. I have a hard time understanding how a small town mayor gets elevated as a candidate. It seems to me he had to have a lot of powerful supporters.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I disagree, but what you say is possible. I have a hard time understanding how a small town mayor gets elevated as a candidate. It seems to me he had to have a lot of powerful supporters.
              He looks good, he talks well and he's LGBTQ. What's to understand?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                He looks good, he talks well and he's LGBTQ. What's to understand?

J
                Right, because being gay is a big advantage for him as a candidate

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Right, because being gay is a big advantage for him as a candidate
                  It is, at least in the primaries. More importantly, it's a membership card. He is a minority in good standing.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    You really should read the article. It's in vogue right now.
                    what is the deal with Taylor Swift anyways, why can't she find love?

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      what is the deal with Taylor Swift anyways, why can't she find love?
                      oh man, I just was wandering around thru some old posts and found this.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                      X