Giolito or De Leon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giolito or De Leon

I'm in an AL only full keeper league with no salaries. There is an annual draft, and the influx of talent from the NL provides much of the excitement. How do you see Giolito versus De Leon both short-term and long-term? They appear to be rated just about even in the BA Prospect Handbook if you weight the rankings in the Top 50s, with Giolito getting a 60M grade and De Leon a 60H. The projections on FanGraph heavily favor De Leon. I see that RHD gives a big edge to Giolito. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Giolito, and it's not close IMO. He's got the upside of a true ace, a #1, he's got the pitches and the composure. He had a setback last year because the Nats tried to mess with his mechanics, and it's didn't work out too well. Now, he's with Don Cooper, and they're going back to his old ways.

I think that DeLeon is probably a #3 or #4 starter, according to everything that I've read.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think Giolito still might have some growing pains short term, so just for this year, I could see going for De Leon. But long term,Gioltio has a lot more upside (that isn't a slight to De Leon who has good upside himself), and seems safer from a health standpoint, despite his TJ surgery way back when he was drafted.

And I agree that the Don Cooper factor is big. Giolito has always made scouts swoon. You pair his tools with a coach who can help him reach his potential. Exciting stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X