Really Fun 14 Team Points League Looking for Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Fun 14 Team Points League Looking for Owner

I know most folks here are all roto all the way, but if you are interested in trying something different, I think you would really enjoy joining the Manatee Baseball League. Here is a link to our constitution: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...UlOOEZORzhBd1U

It is a 14 Team Mixed Keeper league with 30 man major league rosters (large, because we don't bother with a DL) and 20 man minor league rosters. So, with 50 man rosters, it is fairly deep for a 14 team mixed league.

Our points scoring is custom and has been refined over the years (mostly the pitching, which emphasizes Ks and de-emphasizes wins). I think it fairly accurately reflects real life talent and production, and in general, it does not lead to rankings too out of line from Roto for a Roto guy to be at a disadvantage. We use ESPN, which is free, and you can see past point performance and future projections there.

This is the first league I ever did, and the only league I often do, and I love it. It is a good group of fellows, and many of us have been in the league for about 20 years. But we have some new blood too, and we'd love to add some more. Eventually, I'd love for us to get to 16 stable teams.

A great thing about joining right now is that we are replacing two owners--one with the best set of keepers in the league (very cheap Correa, Machado, Harper, Bumgarner, and strong minors) and one of the worst teams. So, we are going to combine them and let the new owners draft from the talent pool, meaning both new owners will get some amazing building blocks. And we are thinking of opening the redraft to other teams, so it might become a fairly large talent pool to draw from.

Other details to consider:
    • League dues $150, with payouts to the top 6 teams
    • H2H Points league
    • Larger than normal $400 cap, and smaller than normal $4 increases to keep players per year, to give the league sort of a semi-dynasty feel, and to increase the value of young talent in trades
    • Weekly Line Ups, with two week playoff match ups to lessen the luck factor in H2H
    • A sort of wild west approach to free agents and minor leagues and trades--after our auction and our minor league draft, pick ups are first come first serve, but it is mitigated by our large roster sizes, which allow everyone to stock up on depth in the auction and draft. And we put no restrictions on trading, because that is half the fun of this league. There are dump deals, but the skewered value of elite prospects and cheap top talent generally leads to teams having to sacrifice a good bit of future value to win now, and there are no guarantees in H2H.

I know all of this sounds different from what many of you prefer, but all I can say is that the league works well, and is a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-26-2017, 12:49 AM.

Do you still have openings?

If you still have openings, I'd definitely be interested in joining. My email is: [email protected]

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by diehardchisox View Post
      If you still have openings, I'd definitely be interested in joining. My email is: [email protected]

Thanks!
      Thanks for your interests, John. yes, we still have at least one opening. I'll send you an email.

Comment

Working...
      X