Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In today's presser, the numbers have been revised to say 100-200k best case. And Trump took credit, because smart business people told him to ride it out and his brave decision to side with medical experts will help us avoid up to 2.2 million dead. Nevermind that he sided with the business people first, delaying our response to this.

I will say at least he finally saw this for what it is and finally started taking right actions. It is better than him still fiddling while America burned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I will say at least he finally saw this for what it is and finally started taking right actions. It is better than him still fiddling while America burned.
      He will do whatever helps his 2020 run.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        He will do whatever helps his 2020 run.
        Yes, that is his top priority, no doubt. Sometimes it happens to coincide with the right thing to do, though rarely. Between the game he is taking now, the aid package with his personal signature on all the checks, and him FINALLY getting around on that infrastructure work, maybe, I'm afraid he has a better path to reelection than I would have thought possible given his term and his early epic mishandling of this virus.

Comment

• Wish we didn't have the mask shortage. I suspect if we didn't, the CDC would have already made the call on having folks cover the face when going out. As it is, they seem to be debating whether homemade coverings do enough to make it a recommendation. It couldn't hurt. Whatever we are doing is not enough, especially here in NY.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ZFz?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• it's FUBAR. it's all FUBAR. you can look at the tax bill and se the people that wrote it actually benefit the most up to a million dollars. and some of them bought new yachts. https://patrioticmillionaires.org/20...ho-wrote-them/
            According to ThinkProgress, all fifteen Republicans who had a hand in last year’s tax bill fall into the latter category, and stand to gain $314,000 on average in tax savings. This list includes Speaker Paul Ryan (WI), and Reps. Vern Buchanan (FL) and Diane Black (TN). Rep. Buchanan and Rep. Black are both members of the House Ways and Means Committee, and stand to gain anywhere from $371,752 to $2,131,750, and from $171,501 to $1,045,000, respectively. Sen. Bob Corker (TN) is also on the list. As many may remember, he originally vowed to oppose any legislation that added to the deficit. Ultimately, however, he voted for the final bill which made the pass-through deduction more generous for real estate investors such as himself.

and for me that's ok. people pay taxes. i don't begrudge them wanting to pay less. but you know, things have never really changed. it was the same thing 100 years ago. steel workers went on strike, money barons opposed them. you think you live in a modern society? they give you $1200 dollars and tell you to stay home and stfu and wait to go to work while collecting million for themselves.

this is where i make a partisan joke and say don't get in the way of poor republicans getting their welfare check. it's true. but democrats aren't any different. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/b...lus-taxes.html Pelosi Floats New Stimulus Plan: Rolling Back SALT Cap
            A proposal to retroactively lift a limit on state and local tax deductions would largely funnel money to relatively high earners in high-tax states.
            it's the world we live in. people haven't been able to do anything about it for 100 years.

do you think the tragedy of this virus is going to change anything? you think it will be a game changer? it probably won't. i know you guys aren't selfish, but the world i live in now, all i see is people living pay check to pay check. they will screw you for every dollar. and i have to think, that is how the world is now. i was just fortunate and privileged enough before to not have noticed it. it's how it is now guys. there's no social contract. i don't know when that happened.

heck my plan was always to go to alaska and live with animals. it's all i want to do. you can trust animals.

Comment

• i don't really know where to start. frank j peretti. it's evil. i don't mean one party or the other but it's greed. maybe it's just the world i live in. but i don't think people should be normally acting like this. https://religionnews.com/2018/10/10/...r-non-profits/ The new tax bill's war on churches (and other nonprofits
              If you need another reason to understand why the Republicans aren't running on their brand-new tax law, take a look at 26 U.S. Code § 512 (a) 7. It's titled "Increase in unrelated business taxable income by disallowed fringe benefits," but you can call it the "Soak churches and other nonprofits to pay for rich people's tax cuts" provision
              actually that site doesn't actually look very conservative.

i think we are approaching a time where you have to question what the hell are we doing. when this is over it's going to get bad. when there is retrospect. it will be our defining moment. how are we going to pay for this. nothing is free. will we cut military spending, will we cut services to the poor. we have a day of reckoning ahead of us. it's going to get ugly after this is all over.

the world has changed. a single organism, that's all it took to push everything over the edge.

Comment

• when i was at the campground in my RV, and i made friends, i'll tell you my real name if you want, it's Larry. people would pat me on the back and say Larry is good people. to be honest, i never understood what they meant. i dated an nice older Chinese woman for a while and i asked her what they meant, but she said it meant they meant i was weak. i asked the black students in my class at school what they thought it meant, and they didn't have an answer either. Larry's good people. i still don't know what it means. i mean what it really means. in my RV, at the campground they were a bunch of white trash crack addicts. and i should've known better than to lend money to people on coke. but i wouldn't be where i am now if i didn't make those connections. i stopped dating the older Chinese woman, she was nice, she was an entrepreneur. had her own motorcycle leather shop. i went out with her to show the RV guy that i could. be she had issues. i threw myself at an older woman. she should've just gone with it. the black kids at the school, they got ripped off by the for profit school like all of us did. yet HVAC speaks for itself. you can't really go wrong in that industry.

that's the weird thing about me, i really just want to be by myself, but once i get put out there, i am very social. i still don't know what they mean by saying i am good people. i don't actually think it means something good.

Comment

• to go out with a woman to show other people something you can do. that doesn't sound good. that's not what i mean. i don't want to go out with anyone. i was a fucking shut in and hoarder. that's all i mean. and when i got kicked out and bought an Rv and hit the road. and let me tell you the guys that kicked me out of the house i rented, were family, rich doctors that let me live in radon for years, and when they kicked me out, they stole, destroyed or threw out everything that i had.

so you don't have to be poor or rich. i got screwed by everyone. and then after years of hiding i realize, everyone is like this. she wasn't though. she was real. she told me she couldn't date someone that lived in a tent in the woods. and then she called me and got dramatic and said it's not what she meant. i am only 51 making out with a woman over 60 on a bench outside a 99 restaurant. having millennial's walking by. i'd sit on the bench with her telling her about how much hope they have in the world. because i remember when i was young and trusting of everyone.

my life story. would've been much more interesting if i recorded it last year. the only friend i had was the dog, the pit bull boxer. i taught him everything i knew. and he was the only one that listened or learned.

Comment

• the RV guy was OCD, his girlfriend was kind of too. his son was 3 years old. i saved him. but it was like the odd couple. my main concern was the dog. he was an ex marine squad commander, and if he thought his dog would get in his way he would get rid of it.

but it was a good dog. it was the perfect dog. i took care of it for 6 months while we went to school. i have a few videos. he called me a caretaker. i think. he was an asshole. but after 5 months, he would let the dog watch his son and he would say how much the dog was his sons dog now. i taught the dog to follow his son.

the RV guy called me mentally disabled, his only explanation for me was he said i was like the character from the book to kill a mocking bird. i never read that book. he said putting me on the stand would be cruel. he also said i was like Mr Magoo, lol, from the cartoon. ..he would be bitching at me while i was driving and i would get rattled and go through stop signs unknowingly.

but it was always about the dog. my neighbors in the campground hated him. that's why they trusted me, because they saw the shit i put up with. but it was always about the dog.

that's how i got him to keep his dog. when i taught the dog to bond with his son. and he know i did it. he thought i was a child. even though i took care of everyone. once the dog followed his son like i was walking it, he realized and thought Larry is just a child too, after 5 months of taking care of it, he thought, the dog thinks my son is like Larry.

that's my main goal in life, to keep owners with their pets. and if i can get them to bond with their family, all the better. and i've done my job.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      i don't really know where to start. frank j peretti. it's evil.
                      I suspect you and I are the only two on this board that have read Peretti. I'm probably doing a re-read of Piercing The Darkness in the next week or so. Hope you and your cats are well.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I suspect you and I are the only two on this board that have read Peretti. I'm probably doing a re-read of Piercing The Darkness in the next week or so. Hope you and your cats are well.
                        Number 3.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                          Number 3.
                          I'm glad to be corrected.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                            Number 3.
                            Four.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Trump is fine with him voting by mail, but not with average Americans...

Comment

• Democrats better not fuck this up, mail-in ballots to all registered voters in the next stimulus bill, no compromising.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X