Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you mean it's going to be the greater good vs. the delusional in '20?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      So you mean it's going to be the greater good vs. the delusional in '20?
      Or as we know it "A day in the Life in Trump's America"
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Can we change the title of this thread to Buffoon Donald Trump?
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Trump is a piece of shit..........Let's see how many of our RJ brethren agree................

If you do not.

You Support Trump.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So let me get this straight -- Dopey arranges to meet with Danish PM Mette Frederiksen while visiting Europe, but it was ONLY to make them an offer to buy Greenland??? And after the Danes get wind of this crazy scheme and publicly say this is nuts, Dopey just cancels on them?? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The clown doesn't give two shits about Puerto Ricans, why on earth would he want to add another territory? And to BUY it? What is this, 1803?

Of all the laughable antics of this buffoon, this may be the most laughable.

Man, I wish Chancellor, Bernie or CBB were still around to defend why buying Greenland is a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Trump is a piece of shit..........Let's see how many of our RJ brethren agree................

If you do not.

You Support Trump.
              I agree.

Also this is written like a Facebook marketing link.

Comment

So let me get this straight -- Dopey arranges to meet with Danish PM Mette Frederiksen while visiting Europe, but it was ONLY to make them an offer to buy Greenland??? And after the Danes get wind of this crazy scheme and publicly say this is nuts, Dopey just cancels on them?? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The clown doesn't give two shits about Puerto Ricans, why on earth would he want to add another territory? And to BUY it? What is this, 1803?

Of all the laughable antics of this buffoon, this may be the most laughable.

Man, I wish Chancellor, Bernie or CBB were still around to defend why buying Greenland is a good idea.
                Us meanie "liberals" chased them away.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• You'd think that thanking someone for anointing him the "king of Israel" and the "second coming of God" would raise a few alarm bells with people who follow Jesus, too. It should. I hold out less hope that it will alarm his white evangelical Christian supporters, however.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Trump making the statement that Jewish people who vote for Democrats are disloyal...racist much.

Piece of garbage!
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• and every day he manages to offend me - every day

All this noise distracts us from issues like gun safety, religious freedom. freedom of the press, white supremacists, court rulings - let's not lose focus

Comment

• And here comes the predictable retaliation from Dopey:

President Trump on Wednesday defended his decision to postpone a state visit to Denmark, accusing the country’s prime minister of making a “nasty and inappropriate statement” in rejecting his desire to discuss possibly purchasing Greenland, an autonomous Danish territory.

“I thought it was a very not nice way of saying something. They could have just told me no,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for an event in Kentucky.
                        “All they had to say was we’d rather not do that,” he added. “Don’t say, what an absurd idea that would be.”

“She’s not talking to me. She’s talking to the United States of America. You don’t talk to the United States that way, at least under me.”

Another nasty woman, tsk tsk.

Comment

well, if you are going to push for policies that encourage global warming, buying Greenland is an excellent long term investment!
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Us meanie "liberals" chased them away.
                            And alienating people from a slowly dying message board is a good thing? Granted these posts were in a hot button topics forum, but it is rarely good to lose contributing regulars.

Comment

• Baseball Think Factory ran into similar issues of toxic posts on its "Off-Topic" thread earlier this year.

they, too, lost a significant portion of their overall audience before they nuked "OT" - and no one seems to miss it, except for a handful of bitter, angry people who lost a megaphone.

it's a nice conceit to say "well, we walled it off into a single cesspool, so everybody shut up."

that's not how website message boards work, in reality. as long as there is a toxic element, posters will tend to vote with their feet and walk away.

it's like the old saying about a comedian who blames the audience for not laughing at his jokes. the customer is always right.

here, the customers walked away when a small minority annexed power at the website.

and I should add that I'll accept responsibility for whatever role I played in the downturn.
                              Last edited by Judge Jude; 08-24-2019, 12:55 PM.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Baseball Think Factory ran into similar issues of toxic posts on its "Off-Topic" thread earlier this year.

they, too, lost a significant portion of their overall audience before they nuked "OT" - and no one seems to miss it, except for a handful of bitter, angry people who lost a megaphone.

it's a nice conceit to say "well, we walled it off into a single cesspool, so everybody shut up."

that's not how website message boards work, in reality. as long as there is a toxic element, posters will tend to vote with their feet and walk away.

it's like the old saying about a comedian who blames the audience for not laughing at his jokes. the customer is always right.

here, the customers walked away when a small minority annexed power at the website.
                                Seems to me that RJ was dying a slow death long before any of what you said happened. To me, that's just the way of the internet message board world. People find other things to occupy their time.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X