This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Nah, instead let's let one side play by rules and the other side do whatever the fuck they want.
    You are overlooking Obama’s executive order on DACA, which he had claimed was unconstitutional earlier in his term.

Comment

Nah, instead let's let one side play by rules and the other side do whatever the fuck they want.
      anyone who can't see the difference between a stupid yet logistically irrelevant power grab re a 'wall' vs. inciting a civil war - well.....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Shoplifting and armed robbery are both crimes so even i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          anyone who can't see the difference between a stupid yet logistically irrelevant power grab re a 'wall' vs. inciting a civil war - well.....
          In addition - one is something that most likely can be legally done by implementation of Article 10 - which is then moving already budgeted funds - vs something that most likely infringes on the rights of citizens guaranteed by the Constitution.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• In rose garden, Trump on declaring a national emergency: "I didnt need to do this."

When questioned where he gets his facts, Trump lists off Fox roster as well as Limbaugh. When confronted with fact that illegal crossings are at a multi decade low, and that illegal immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than US born citizens responds "dont really believe that. Look at who is in the prisons."

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
              In rose garden, Trump on declaring a national emergency: "I didnt need to do this."

When questioned where he gets his facts, Trump lists off Fox roster as well as Limbaugh. When confronted with fact that illegal crossings are at a multi decade low, and that illegal immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than US born citizens responds "dont really believe that. Look at who is in the prisons."
              I don’t understand this argument. Assuming illegal immigrants do commit crimes at a lower rate, so what? If they weren’t here in the first place, they wouldn’t commit any crimes, correct? So having folks here illegally, increases your likelihood of being the victim of a crime, even if that likelihood is proportionally less.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                I don’t understand this argument. Assuming illegal immigrants do commit crimes at a lower rate, so what? If they weren’t here in the first place, they wouldn’t commit any crimes, correct? So having folks here illegally, increases your likelihood of being the victim of a crime, even if that likelihood is proportionally less.
                There is no emergency, that is the point.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

There is no emergency, that is the point.
                  That may be your point but it’s not my point as I haven’t taken a position on if there is an emergency or not. I take exception to the logically flawed argument that because illegal immigrants may commit crime at a lower rate than US citizens, there somehow isn’t an increase in crime because they are here.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                    That may be your point but it’s not my point as I haven’t taken a position on if there is an emergency or not. I take exception to the logically flawed argument that because illegal immigrants may commit crime at a lower rate than US citizens, there somehow isn’t an increase in crime because they are here.
                    If your classified as an "Illegal Immigrant" - one must assume that the Illegal part means you have already committed a crime. Otherwise you would not be "Illegal".

Just pointing out that the term in and of itself defines that a crime has been committed.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      If your classified as an "Illegal Immigrant" - one must assume that the Illegal part means you have already committed a crime. Otherwise you would not be "Illegal".

Just pointing out that the term in and of itself defines that a crime has been committed.
                      I believe getting caught the first time is considered a misdemeanor. Being deported and reentering is considered a felony. Other posters please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• well, entering the country illegally is a misdemeanor, aka "low-level crime."

if you are deported for that, and then re-enter illegally, it's a felony.

EDIT: Damn, I got beat by 3 minutes!
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• 1st time Entering the country illegally (i.e., not at a designated point of entry) is a misdemeanor, yes.
                          That this is a manufactured crisis, based not on legitimate facts, otherwise known to Trump as fake news, but by fringe radio hosts, as well as Fox roster cheerleading Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                            1st time Entering the country illegally (i.e., not at a designated point of entry) is a misdemeanor, yes.
                            That this is a manufactured crisis, based not on legitimate facts, otherwise known to Trump as fake news, but by fringe radio hosts, as well as Fox roster cheerleading Trump.
                            I am fine with just deporting the felons

Comment

• Point is Trump feels facts put out by govt agencies is false, and he openly disregards them, over clearly wrong info. Such as what fact? Such as people crossing border illegally commit crimes at a lower rate. You could then draw unrelated conclusions, such as well then any crime they commit is adding to rate. The point is this isnt an emergency, as admitted by Trump, and he believes nonsense from Limbaugh and Fox over facts put out by government.

Comment

• maybe best if all brown and black people are shot, bullets can be recycled. trump should ask limbaugh since he has ceded logic to the will of hate mongers who deny science, and just today he spent some time emphatically stating how much respect he has for limbaugh. limbaugh views:
                                "Global warming is a religion; only God can destroy earth." not relevant, what about our southern border, Limbaugh states: "Mexican illegal immigrants are an invasive species. " the mass caging of toddlers forcibly separated from parents isnt that big a deal when just considering these arent people, but invasive species like locusts. Fine ignoring court order to reunite families, as it is a hassle and these arent really people http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...lies-hard.html

Comment

Working...
                                X