This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    Ok. What would attribute the actions of the Black Israelites to? Seems to me they were the prelude to this incident, yet no one has posted a Twitter feed about them, nor made any suppositions about their educational backgrounds or the makeup of their high school faculty.
    Fine, I'll do Steve's job for him.

Black Israelites would be a really good name for a band.

Comment

Ok. What would attribute the actions of the Black Israelites to? Seems to me they were the prelude to this incident, yet no one has posted a Twitter feed about them, nor made any suppositions about their educational backgrounds or the makeup of their high school faculty.
      Does anyone else think that the chaperones could have done a lot better job here ? The situation appeared to evolve somewhat slowly, why not just get your group of kids out of there and resolve the whole situation ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Does anyone else think that the chaperones could have done a lot better job here ? The situation appeared to evolve somewhat slowly, why not just get your group of kids out of there and resolve the whole situation ?
        I think the Catholics were waiting for a bus to pick them up. Changing the location of a bus pickup for multiple kids on the fly is probably not a real easy thing to do.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

That’s a good point I hadn’t thought of.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            I think the Catholics were waiting for a bus to pick them up. Changing the location of a bus pickup for multiple kids on the fly is probably not a real easy thing to do.
            Well it appears they were waiting for an hour or more. They couldnt have walked a hundred yards away ?
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              I'll just say if those were my kids the school would be getting an earful about the incompetence.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've already acknowledged that they are at fault here as well and in no way excuse their behaviors. Hurling derogatory and bigoted remarks at a group of kids is inexcusable.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

What do you expect would happen on a pro life march wearing the trump red hat. If I was a parent and let my high school kid walk into that city and march the odds of some kind of screaming match/ face off were high.( if not expected)

Comment

• Good take here

Comment

Agreed.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        What do you expect would happen on a pro life march wearing the trump red hat. If I was a parent and let my high school kid walk into that city and march the odds of some kind of screaming match/ face off were high.( if not expected)
                        Well it's one thing to go support a cause you believe in and understand there may be some sort of confrontation because you are supporting your cause. It's another thing to stand there and just watch a situation spin out of control because you are waiting for a bus and can't be bothered to walk a few steps away to diffuse the situation.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

They've been around for years in NYC, preaching/shouting from street corners. They're nuts. And they definitely thrive on sparking verbal confrontation.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            They've been around for years in NYC, preaching/shouting from street corners. They're nuts. And they definitely thrive on sparking verbal confrontation.
                            Yep—they have/had a big presence in Philly too when I was a kid. Always cross the street and walk on the opposite side.
                            Sad it took a couple of days for their role in the incident to be acknowledged. TheTwitter mobs sure got on the white suburbanites quickly though, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              Just about every daily commuter in Penn Station has heard their crap -and usually someone telling them off too

Comment

Yep—they have/had a big presence in Philly too when I was a kid. Always cross the street and walk on the opposite side.
                                Sad it took a couple of days for their role in the incident to be acknowledged. TheTwitter mobs sure got on the white suburbanites quickly though, huh?
                                Yep - some high school kid in a MAGA hat - it just has to be their fault.

The sad part is how the "credible" news outlets decided to run with this shit rather than actually doing journalism and finding out what happened. This was "Fake News" - and the unfortunate thing is that this was the big new of the day.
                                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                                X