X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    https://youtu.be/zYANRUos8Hg

I haven't solved embedding videos into RJ yet, but this is worth the watch and if you don't want to go to youtube here is the twitter version...

Apparently, the President and all his best words is pretty limited to how he describes where black and brown people live.
    you can also embed using the 'video' tags, using the very link you used inside the 'url' tags:

[ VIDEO]https://youtu.be/zYANRUos8Hg[ /VIDEO]

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post

I guess I am still stuck in a place where I can't believe that the majority of white America is ok with this. I don't know I guess we will know in 2020 because Trump is going to keep doing this and it will get coverage no matter what we think it does.
      I think the majority of republicans are either apathetic about race or think Dems see racism where it is not when it comes too Trump. In other words, they either don't care about what they see, or they simply don't see it. The dog whistles don't register as such for many. That is why they work. They do get heard by the ones that want to hear them and don't by the ones who don't.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-27-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Dan Coats out as Director of National Intelligence, to be replaced by crazy Trump crony Rep. John Ratcliffe, whose chief claim to fame is vociferously attacking Bob Mueller last week. Great, another Yes Man in this epic disaster of a regime (Top 5 ever!)

What's terribly sad about this -- which was completely inevitable, because Coats refused to lie for Trump to the American people -- is that in every appointment Dopey makes, he's trading the future of this country for his own short-term political gain. There has never been a president who has cared so little for this country and so much for his own personal ego than this clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Dan Coats out as Director of National Intelligence, to be replaced by crazy Trump crony Rep. John Ratcliffe, whose chief claim to fame is vociferously attacking Bob Mueller last week. Great, another Yes Man in this epic disaster of a regime (Top 5 ever!)

What's terribly sad about this -- which was completely inevitable, because Coats refused to lie for Trump to the American people -- is that in every appointment Dopey makes, he's trading the future of this country for his own short-term political gain. There has never been a president who has cared so little for this country and so much for his own personal ego than this clown.
          The TDS is strong in this one, hur de hur.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• So Coats resigned because, as nearly every non-Trumpie knew, Dopey just didn’t want to believe that his pal Vlad could do what everyone knew he did — interfere in our elections. He wrote a report on 2018 interference and lo and behold, the White House changed language to make it seem “less critical.”

How is this not an impeachable offense? How is it ok for The Traitor to ignore important intelligence just because it might make him look bad?

Comment

• Additionally, during his speech today on the 9/11 Bill, he had the nerve to imply he participated in helping at Ground Zero:
              "I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder," Trump said. "But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you."

This apparently is an exaggerated tidbit that he's used before. From news accounts at the time, an article then did discuss the fact he was down there inspecting a building he owned -- but he certainly wasn't helping. And by no stretch of the imagination was he a first responder. In fact, he was interviewed just after the attacks and callously bragged that his building was now the tallest in lower Manhattan. Just ludicrous.

I can't wait for the TDDSers to say "but wait, he said he's not considering himself a first responder!" But yeah -- he's bringing this up to have bravery by association, Stolen Valor. And the word "considering" means he believes he was there helping, when it's clear he wasn't. Lying MFer.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Additionally, during his speech today on the 9/11 Bill, he had the nerve to imply he participated in helping at Ground Zero:
                "I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder," Trump said. "But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you."

This apparently is an exaggerated tidbit that he's used before. From news accounts at the time, an article then did discuss the fact he was down there inspecting a building he owned -- but he certainly wasn't helping. And by no stretch of the imagination was he a first responder. In fact, he was interviewed just after the attacks and callously bragged that his building was now the tallest in lower Manhattan. Just ludicrous.

I can't wait for the TDDSers to say "but wait, he said he's not considering himself a first responder!" But yeah -- he's bringing this up to have bravery by association, Stolen Valor. And the word "considering" means he believes he was there helping, when it's clear he wasn't. Lying MFer.
                Claiming he helped responders during 9/11 isnt new for him, he went even further in an old clip (the one where he says "I was there on 7/11").

Equally as fucked up from today, did anybody catch his "joke" to the 9/11 families of first responders?

"Now I'm going to sign this bill into law, and I don't know if the stage will hold it, but if it doesn't, we're not falling very far. But I'd like to ask the families, and I'd also like to ask the first responders to come up and we'll give this stage a shot. Let's see how well built, made in America, let's see how well built it is, okay? Come on up."

My fucking God... joking about the structural integrity of the stage, to 9/11 families of first responders. He is such a piece of shit human.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Claiming he helped responders during 9/11 isnt new for him, he went even further in an old clip (the one where he says "I was there on 7/11").

Clear reference to free slurpee day.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Equally as fucked up from today, did anybody catch his "joke" to the 9/11 families of first responders?

"Now I'm going to sign this bill into law, and I don't know if the stage will hold it, but if it doesn't, we're not falling very far. But I'd like to ask the families, and I'd also like to ask the first responders to come up and we'll give this stage a shot. Let's see how well built, made in America, let's see how well built it is, okay? Come on up."

My fucking God... joking about the structural integrity of the stage, to 9/11 families of first responders. He is such a piece of shit human.
                    I didn’t hear that. Wow.

My brother in law was a paramedic and a 1st responder. He just got his payout last year. Hard to believe this moron is the guy who many are praising for releasing these funds.

Comment

So I will say that Trump taking any credit for being there for 9/11 is absolutely ridiculous.

With that said, I would never have equated the structural integrity of the stage with the Towers coming down. Perhaps I'm too dense, or other people are seeing things that aren't there.

Trump is either a maniacal genuis with language, or a absolute clueless moron. He can't be both.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        So I will say that Trump taking any credit for being there for 9/11 is absolutely ridiculous.

With that said, I would never have equated the structural integrity of the stage with the Towers coming down. Perhaps I'm too dense, or other people are seeing things that aren't there.

Trump is either a maniacal genuis with language, or a absolute clueless moron. He can't be both.
                        Give me your alternate reading then.

Do you think it was so many people that he legitimately worried the stage would collapse? I have no clue how you can read it any other way.

His wording is never precise because he's a fucking moron, but I think the intent is clear as day.

Edit to add: the giveaway is where he says "we wouldn't fall very far."
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Give me your alternate reading then.

Do you think it was so many people that he legitimately worried the stage would collapse? I have no clue how you can read it any other way.

His wording is never precise because he's a fucking moron, but I think the intent is clear as day.

Edit to add: the giveaway is where he says "we wouldn't fall very far."
                          There are a lot of people and families that this bill will be helping, so many in fact that I don't know if the stage will hold them, but I want them to come up here (so I can show off) and be recognized.

That's how I took it.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            There are a lot of people and families that this bill will be helping, so many in fact that I don't know if the stage will hold them, but I want them to come up here (so I can show off) and be recognized.

That's how I took it.
                            Yea that makes more sense. Honestly, why would he troll 9/11 victims?
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              because they were there?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                I agree with this/heyelander's interpretation of Trump's words, and I don't get those who quibble over things that could be honestly taken a few different ways, because there are so many clear cut things he says that are appalling. But as far as why he would be insensitive to 9/11 victims, he has already shown the ability to do that when he crowed about having the tallest building left, with pride, right after the towers went down. This is a man who spent all his time eulogizing his father by talking about himself, and how proud his father way of how great he was. Everything is about him. Nothing else matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X