This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    it is actually $113 thousand a month for knowing nothing about a country and having zero skills in the industry
    What evidence is there that Joe Biden played a role in getting him that position as opposed to Hunter Biden getting it based on his name? What is Joe Biden supposed to do in this situation? If there is no evidence that Joe Biden actively pulled strings, how is he at fault for whatever his son may have played up to get the position? Also, the evidence seems clear from the timeline of events that there was no discernible connection between Joe Biden's actions as VP and investigation of Hunter. That investigation stalled out a year before.

Also, I don't see any thoughts on what Trump has done. Do you think his actions are acceptable in this situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      What evidence is there that Joe Biden played a role in getting him that position as opposed to Hunter Biden getting it based on his name? What is Joe Biden supposed to do in this situation? If there is no evidence that Joe Biden actively pulled strings, how is he at fault for whatever his son may have played up to get the position? Also, the evidence seems clear from the timeline of events that there was no discernible connection between Joe Biden's actions as VP and investigation of Hunter. That investigation stalled out a year before.

Also, I don't see any thoughts on what Trump has done. Do you think his actions are acceptable in this situation?
      I don't know if joe played any roll. I was simply pointing out that the monthly pay for a non-skilled american, who's father had his finger on the deny button, who was working in ukraine was larger than suggested by gcs
      Last edited by Art Vandelay; 09-28-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• "I was simply pointing out that the monthly pay for a non-skilled american"

Who is this referencing? I mean this is not being serious, fair minded, this is weird pot shot calling. I referenced a few items from Hunter Biden resume, just from what was listed from his quarter century after graduating from Yale law. You are making it sound like Hunter is a 17 year old was plucked from Wendys drive thru and given a bag of money. You arent at least a little aware using words "non-skilled american" is ridiculous? Also, please provide the 113 k a month figure link. And as links demonstrate, Joe Biden did not have finger on any kind of deny button. It may be helpful if you link your source as this isnt making sense.

Again, typical yale law grad, just a 24 yr old nobody, landing a position in one of the top 20 law firms starts at about 180k a year. Then we have Hunter with more than a quarter century of job progress including chairman positions. A typical chairman position in a fortune 500 company I would bet is at least 500k year. I would bet that his "up to 50k a month" position with Ukraine company is right in line with his building prior positions, and also in line with what someone with his resume would get on average.

But this is disgusting to focus on Joe Biden surviving son and try to diminish him and destroy him on what, his salary? The eye on the ball, the case is laid out very clearly here on trump call, 8 times trump asked on call to do something about Biden as U.S. has been very good to Ukraine and what are we getting back, this is extort the ukraine president to further trumps re-election using the already bipartisan approved funds as leverage. Then toadies covered up evidence by getting notes of call placed in an alternate highly secret info server. But post after pot you want to talk Hunter Biden? Is this seriously what you think is important?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          "I was simply pointing out that the monthly pay for a non-skilled american"

Who is this referencing? I mean this is not being serious, fair minded, this is weird pot shot calling. I referenced a few items from Hunter Biden resume, just from what was listed from his quarter century after graduating from Yale law. You are making it sound like Hunter is a 17 year old was plucked from Wendys drive thru and given a bag of money. You arent at least a little aware using words "non-skilled american" is ridiculous? Also, please provide the 113 k a month figure link. And as links demonstrate, Joe Biden did not have finger on any kind of deny button. It may be helpful if you link your source as this isnt making sense.

Again, typical yale law grad, just a 24 yr old nobody, landing a position in one of the top 20 law firms starts at about 180k a year. Then we have Hunter with more than a quarter century of job progress including chairman positions. A typical chairman position in a fortune 500 company I would bet is at least 500k year. I would bet that his "up to 50k a month" position with Ukraine company is right in line with his building prior positions, and also in line with what someone with his resume would get on average.

But this is disgusting to focus on Joe Biden surviving son and try to diminish him and destroy him on what, his salary? The eye on the ball, the case is laid out very clearly here on trump call, 8 times trump asked on call to do something about Biden as U.S. has been very good to Ukraine and what are we getting back, this is extort the ukraine president to further trumps re-election using the already bipartisan approved funds as leverage. Then toadies covered up evidence by getting notes of call placed in an alternate highly secret info server. But post after pot you want to talk Hunter Biden? Is this seriously what you think is important?
          It is amazing to me that anyone would question Hunter Biden's relatively impressive credentials in light of how utterly unqualified and out of their depth almost every single Trump appointment has been. That is not to say that Hunter Biden's name did not play a role in him getting that position--it may have, and that is fair to point out. But when you go farther to call him completely unskilled, that seems odd; he at least has a resume that indicates competency and ability, which is much more than many under Trump, whose only meaningful credential is that they will be loyal to Trump.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-27-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            It is amazing to me that anyone would question Hunter Biden's relatively impressive credentials in light of how utterly unqualified and out of their depth almost every single Trump appointment has been. That is not to say that Hunter Biden's name did not play a role in him getting that position--it may have, and that is fair to point out. But when you go farther to call him completely unskilled, that seems odd; he at least has a resume that indicates competency and ability, which is much more than many under Trump, whose only meaningful credential is that they will be loyal to Trump.
            Will you at the very least acknowledge that the Biden angle has the potential to make this blow up in Democrats' faces? Whether you think its valid or not, there's enough of a smell of corruption to drive the Republicans nuts, possibly even turn some independents.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, I hope it goes well, and I hope Trump is removed for a bevy of crimes. But I seriously think it's another mainstream media windup that will likely go nowhere, or possibly harm the Dems.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Will you at the very least acknowledge that the Biden angle has the potential to make this blow up in Democrats' faces? Whether you think its valid or not, there's enough of a smell of corruption to drive the Republicans nuts, possibly even turn some independents.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, I hope it goes well, and I hope Trump is removed for a bevy of crimes. But I seriously think it's another mainstream media windup that will likely go nowhere, or possibly harm the Dems.
              Trump likely won't be forced out office, but despite that, impeachment is appropriate and needs to be pursued or he will continue to do whatever the hell he feels like. Maybe this will put a bit of caution in him, if nothing else.

Regarding Biden, yes, I don't know all the facts, but I do have concerns about the optics regardless of what really went down (and I do think it is more innocuous than you seem to, but still, the optics are concerning). And I was already on the same page as you, though perhaps to a lesser degree and not filled with the same level of satisfaction over it, that 1. Biden is slipping and showing his age (calling for sitting around phonographs suggests he is pining for a time even before his time) and 2. some of his answers to significant questions and issues have been concerning and/or disappointing (e.g. his answers about dealing with climate change and addressing systemic historical racism have been weak and awkward to watch). So, I'm totally fine with this being something that shifts the tide and brings down Biden as front runner--heck, I'd be a bit relieved by it, because I think sooner or later Biden's weaknesses will suppress voter enthusiasm for him and I'd rather it happen sooner than later.

The only regret I'd have with that is that it would leave the field of options devoid of a moderate (unless Biden's votes would go to one of them, but none seem to have any traction right now), which is scary, because I want the voters to have the option to decide where on the political spectrum they want the Dem candidate to be, so as many voters come out full force to support whoever that is against Trump.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-27-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Already 18% of Republicans and will only get higher.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I don't know if joe played any roll. I was simply pointing out that the monthly pay for a non-skilled american, who's father had his finger on the deny button, who was working in ukraine was larger than suggested gcs
                  You know, until you start critically posting against Trump and other conservatives faults, your posts lack ethical merit.

So frankly, piss off.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    You know, until you start critically posting against Trump and other conservatives faults, your posts lack ethical merit.

So frankly, piss off.
                    I think Art Vandalay provided needed exposure to the right wing narrative that I talked about. If the only response regarding Biden's corruption continues to be "piss off", I think it hurts the Dems case for impeachment, and hurts their chances in 2020. You need to have a convincing response. Elizabeth Warren saying she would allow the children of political leaders to sit on foreign energy boards and similar circumstances, when running as the anti-corruption candidate, that looks bad! Gcstomp saying "well, it's not that much money", that's not going to get it done.

For the record, I've heard multiple sources claim Biden took home a total of $3 Million from the energy company. I'm not finding a source, but it was reported on The Hill, and that's enough for me.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...uption/598804/
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

So frankly, piss off.
                      classic alt-left response.

sleepy joe bragged about influencing the ukraine government

his son earned millions in salary without skill or knowledge of the industry or country

but trump should be impeached
                      Last edited by Art Vandelay; 09-28-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Gcstomp saying "well, it's not that much money",

Yeah you cant use quotation marks unless it is a quote. I did not say it is not a lot of money. For average person it is lots, for us, unless you have similar resume, it is a lot. I said "Again, typical yale law grad, just a 24 yr old nobody, landing a position in one of the top 20 law firms starts at about 180k a year. Then we have Hunter with more than a quarter century of job progress including chairman positions. A typical chairman position in a fortune 500 company I would bet is at least 500k year. I would bet that his "up to 50k a month" position with Ukraine company is right in line with his building prior positions, and also in line with what someone with his resume would get on average."

And yes, throwing numbers like 113k a month, and when I repeatedly ask for some kind of link as figure on FOX,NPR, Reuters, etc is "up to 50k a month", and calling Hunter an unskilled american, this is stupid, worthy of coming out of someone who absolutely does not want to be taken as a serious adult.
                        Last edited by gcstomp; 09-28-2019, 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• reply to this, "...eye on the ball, the case is laid out very clearly here on trump call, 8 times trump asked on call to do something about Biden as U.S. has been very good to Ukraine and what are we getting back, this is extort the ukraine president to further trumps re-election using the already bipartisan approved funds as leverage. Then toadies covered up evidence by getting notes of call placed in an alternate highly secret info server. But post after pot you want to talk Hunter Biden? " yes you have to be a zombie to think this is ok, but keep trying to spin this as a Hunter issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post

Yeah you cant use quotation marks unless it is a quote. .
                            But you can offer a parody reading of a transcript as your opening remarks in a whistleblower hearing, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              Elizabeth Warren saying she would allow the children of political leaders to sit on foreign energy boards and similar circumstances, when running as the anti-corruption candidate, that looks bad!
                              This is not what she said. This is what she said, "I don't know. I mean, I'd have to go back and look at the details."

Elizabeth Warren became flustered when asked an ethics question that was an indirect reference to Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, serving on a Ukrainian gas company board. The Massachusetts senator and 2020 Democrat asserted that a similar kind of behavior would not be allowed under a Warren administration, before saying that she did not know
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

classic alt-left response.

sleepy joe bragged about influencing the ukraine government

his son earned millions in salary without skill or knowledge of the industry or country

but trump should be impeached
                                Correct. Because he’s using the power of his office and using taxpayer money to get personal re-election assistance. Do you not agree that he pressured Ukraine to give his re-election campaign personal assistance?

Comment

Working...
                                X