This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
    Point is Trump feels facts put out by govt agencies is false, and he openly disregards them, over clearly wrong info. Such as what fact? Such as people crossing border illegally commit crimes at a lower rate. You could then draw unrelated conclusions, such as well then any crime they commit is adding to rate. The point is this isnt an emergency, as admitted by Trump, and he believes nonsense from Limbaugh and Fox over facts put out by government.
    NEarly every one of your blue team Senators voted to increase a physical border in 2008. The only reason they are against now is because it was the cornerstone of Trump’s platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      NEarly every one of your blue team Senators voted to increase a physical border in 2008. The only reason they are against now is because it was the cornerstone of Trump’s platform.
      From my signature line:
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

Here is Obama in 2014:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOjqWIWQ5-k

Funny part here is Schumer smiling wide to get this done -- NOW there is no way we can do this.

The honest truth here is that if there was anyone ANYONE other than Trump being President the Dems would make more concessions and this would get done. I want to be very clear here -
      BOTH PARTIES have been playing kick the can on this issue for over 2 decades - see the date of the Clinton quote.

It is absolutely unacceptable that BOTH PARTIES have done this and just pointed at each other while it happened! Trump for all of his bluster and bullshit is trying to address something BOTH PARTIES have indicated need addressing. This has been Bi-Partisan Bullshit for more than 20 years - to allow a broken system to remain in place and we should be holding these idiots accountable for their inaction and that we are at the point we are at now.

If we are honestly saying "there is no emergency" now - but have had this topic mentioned during multiple State of the Union addresses and other Presidential Speeches for over 20 years - hmmmmmm maybe there is something going on that needs to be addressed.

The Partisanship of the masses grows more and more every day - such a great thing for the fundraisers of the parties.
      Last edited by baldgriff; 02-15-2019, 02:54 PM.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Tom Winter
        ‏Verified account @Tom_Winter
        9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors for Special Counsel Robert Mueller recommend an approximate jail sentence of 19-24 years in jail for Paul Manafort in the case being brought in the Eastern District of Virginia, according to court documents.
        36 replies 178 retweets 272 likes

[Manafort turns age 70 on April Fool's Day, if you're scoring at home - or even if you aren't]
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• If I am reading reports correctly, this will be the 59th emergency since the law was enacted. Not exactly virgin ground.

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Now that's Trump. But, he should be telling it past tense, on a golf course.

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-16-2019, 12:55 AM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Tom Winter
            ‏Verified account @Tom_Winter
            9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors for Special Counsel Robert Mueller recommend an approximate jail sentence of 19-24 years in jail for Paul Manafort in the case being brought in the Eastern District of Virginia, according to court documents.
            36 replies 178 retweets 272 likes

[Manafort turns age 70 on April Fool's Day, if you're scoring at home - or even if you aren't]
            Exactly. If Manafort is the big news at this late date, they're desperate.

On the other side of things, Andrew McCabe, already under criminal investigation for a long list of lies, has a new book out.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Exactly. If Manafort is the big news at this late date, they're desperate.

On the other side of things, Andrew McCabe, already under criminal investigation for a long list of lies, has a new book out.

J
              I disagree
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If I am reading reports correctly, this will be the 59th emergency since the law was enacted. Not exactly virgin ground.
                Show me ONE that spent $10Bn dollars. Or really, anything close to that. Do you even bother anymore, or do you just regurgitate the nonsense you hear on alt-right radio? The list of other national emergencies all pretty much dealt with blocking or prohibiting another country from doing transactions in the US, OR, were a legit national emergency like 9/11 or the influenza outbreak. Open your eyes, J. Your act is tiresome.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Show me ONE that spent $10Bn dollars. Or really, anything close to that. Do you even bother anymore, or do you just regurgitate the nonsense you hear on alt-right radio? The list of other national emergencies all pretty much dealt with blocking or prohibiting another country from doing transactions in the US, OR, were a legit national emergency like 9/11 or the influenza outbreak. Open your eyes, J. Your act is tiresome.
                  The scale lends credence to the claim of emergency. Your comment, "The list of other national emergencies all pretty much dealt with blocking or prohibiting another country from doing transactions" is exactly the point, or did you miss that?

Open your eyes. This is easy stuff if you are not refusing to see.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

The scale lends credence to the claim of emergency. Your comment, "The list of other national emergencies all pretty much dealt with blocking or prohibiting another country from doing transactions" is exactly the point, or did you miss that?

J
                    I disagree
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I disagree
                      Noted. I'll add it to your account.

How deep a hole do you want to dig?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Noted. I'll add it to your account.

How deep a hole do you want to dig?

J
                        Deep, maybe beyond loam.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

J
                          Huh?

Those prior emergency declarations were when the crisis reached emergency levels. Please show me, on this chart of Border Apprehensions, when the emergency occurred:

Comment

• I want more immigration to the US, not less
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Fabulously unqualified Heather Nauert mercifully withdraws herself from the UN Ambassadorship nomination.

Comment

• So awesome to have a president more concerned with Saturday Night Live than Russia:

Comment

Working...
                                X