This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Trump knows that if he loses the election he loses his protection from all of the prosecution (rape, tax evasion, fraud, etc) that awaits him and he will have to leave the country to avoid doing prison time.
    Exactly, there's no extradition from USSR. BUT we get to keep and auction off all his shit he leaves here.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Oh booo hoo. Clown boy would rather just play president on TV than in real life:

"President Donald Trump on Monday said the government’s top pandemic fighter, Dr. Anthony Fauci, is a “disaster” — and possibly an “idiot” — as he claimed that Americans are “tired of” Covid-19, even as the number of coronavirus cases continued spiking in much of the United States.

“People are tired of Covid,” Trump said in a call with the staff of his reelection campaign against former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee.

“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots, all these idiots who got it wrong,” Trump said on the call."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Oh booo hoo. Clown boy would rather just play president on TV than in real life:

"President Donald Trump on Monday said the government’s top pandemic fighter, Dr. Anthony Fauci, is a “disaster” — and possibly an “idiot” — as he claimed that Americans are “tired of” Covid-19, even as the number of coronavirus cases continued spiking in much of the United States.

“People are tired of Covid,” Trump said in a call with the staff of his reelection campaign against former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee.

“People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots, all these idiots who got it wrong,” Trump said on the call."
        https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/19/coro...-of-covid.html
        How did this person become president?
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• reading posts on the subreddit r/QAnonCausualties. The families this is ripping apart. It's so tragic.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            Truly it is a permanent stain on our democracy that we elected him once. Thanks goodness it seems at the moment it is not a mistake our country will repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Truly it is a permanent stain on our democracy that we elected him once. Thanks goodness it seems at the moment it is not a mistake our country will repeat.
              I wonder if we can just omit him from the history books. 2016-2020 Nothing happened of note concerning the presidency.

Comment

• in answer to "What happens when 'The Storm' doesn't happen?"

QAnon itself will splinter a bit, but the cultists won't suddenly be imparted with great critical thinking skills. It may fade, but don't expect a mass migration from the fevered world of the conterfactual into the much more complex and challenging space known by some as reality.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  reading posts on the subreddit r/QAnonCausualties. The families this is ripping apart. It's so tragic.
                  One thing that strikes me about this is that politics are not really something my wife and I talked about when we got started. Hell, we didn't even talk definitively about having kids. In both cases, we knew that neither of us was completely incompatible. We knew we were both in the same universe in terms of our thoughts at the time. But looking back, it is kind of amazing that stuff wasn't clearer at the time, because had we started in different spheres of thought, and continued too grow in opposite directions, I don't know how we would have stayed together.

I don't know how people who are fundamentally in opposition politically stay together. I get it if two people are largely apolitical, or within one standard deviation of each other, like a progressive and a moderate, or a lean L and a lean R, but a Trumper and a progressive...if for whatever reason, now is the time you find out just how different your values are, yeah, that is gonna end the relationship. Especially if someone goes down the toxic sludge hole of conspiracies like QAnon. If someone is spouting that kind of negative, unfounded crazy at you all the time, it shifts how you think about them, and it makes you feel miserable.

Comment

I wonder if we can just omit him from the history books. 2016-2020 Nothing happened of note concerning the presidency.
                    Ha, it would be nice, but that is the sort of thing Trump would do--don't like history, change it. I think we must embrace it. Maybe add a disclaimer like Disney recently has done to their old movies. Warning: This part of our history is filled with racism, anti-science sentiments, and almost ended our democracy. So, yeah, learn for this bit so we never repeat it.

Comment

We aren't the smartest of nations.

Comment

Ha, it would be nice, but that is the sort of thing Trump would do--don't like history, change it. I think we must embrace it. Maybe add a disclaimer like Disney recently has done to their old movies. Warning: This part of our history is filled with racism, anti-science sentiments, and almost ended our democracy. So, yeah, learn for this bit so we never repeat it.
                        You are right. I should not have recommended leaving it out of the history books. (I was really just kidding.) But I am anxious for Trump to go down in history as the worst president and one of the worst people ever.

Comment

You are right. I should not have recommended leaving it out of the history books. (I was really just kidding.) But I am anxious for Trump to go down in history as the worst president and one of the worst people ever.
                          No, I knew you were kidding. It would actually be hilarious if your line was the first page, and the next was, okay, I guess we have to cover this. I realize history is a somber subject, but I dig learning with humor. An accurate history book written from the alien perspective like in a Douglas Adams novel would be pretty awesome. I had a humor-based history book years ago that was pretty good, but I can't remember the title.

Comment

• My youngest son’s communion was this past Saturday and right in front of the restaurant was a Trump Rally. I shit you not. About 50-75 Trumptards. We drive up and when we’re within 50 yards, I see all the Trump signs. I said to my wife “you have to be f—-ing kidding me!”

We only had family and my two close friends come — who are both Trump haters from out of state — and we all got a good laugh over it. Still, I was pissed that the restaurant didn’t inform me ahead of time that this was going to happen, as they allowed the local Republican Club to set up a tent in their parking lot.

Comment

we can't erase history, we can't change what happened. Clearly we have to put statues of Trump to remind us

Comment

• Trump can't decide if he wants to ride Fauci's coattails or throw him under the bus. He goes from faking that Fauci praised him, to calling him an idiot, saying if we had followed Facui's advice 800k people would be dead. This after he derisively said that Biden would follow the advice of scientists, and that we'd be in a depression if Biden had his way about just listening to scientists. So, which is it--are scientists bad because they want to save as many as possible at the expensive of the economy? And if so, how would that lead to even more dead? The dude is really losing and semblance of coherence he had, not that he had much to start with.

"People are tired of COVID. Yup, there's going to be spikes, there's going to be no spikes, there's going to be vaccines. With or without vaccines, people are tired of COVID," Trump said on the private call, according to audio obtained by The Hill. "I have the biggest rallies I have ever had and we have COVID. People are saying whatever, just leave us alone. They're tired of it."

Trump then accused Fauci of providing inconsistent advice about the coronavirus pandemic and claimed baselessly that if he had followed all of Fauci's advice the United States would have "700,000 to 800,000 deaths right now."

"People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots, these people, these people that have gotten it wrong. Fauci is a nice guy, he's been here for 500 years, he called every one of them wrong," Trump told campaign staffers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...vH0?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

Working...
                                X