This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Yep - some high school kid in a MAGA hat - it just has to be their fault.

The sad part is how the "credible" news outlets decided to run with this shit rather than actually doing journalism and finding out what happened. This was "Fake News" - and the unfortunate thing is that this was the big new of the day.
    The MAGA hats put it squarely in their wheelhouse and they hammered it. As I read on one lefty site—MAGA hats are the new white sheets.

Comment

• The Twitter mob is out of hand I agree. But stop pretending these kids are innocent victims. They're most likely entitled rich kids who were in DC to protest reproductive rights and decided to mock Native Americans (and others, including women) because none of their chaperones had the good sense to make them stop or move them away from the situation. Just because they didn't instigate it doesn't make them innocent.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        The MAGA hats put it squarely in their wheelhouse and they hammered it. As I read on one lefty site—MAGA hats are the new white sheets.
        There were some really amazing calls to have someone commit physical violence against this kid. I dont do Twitter, it just seems like more of a cesspool than anything, but to see the Tweets of people like Reza Aslan "Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?" and other people calling for the kid to get kicked in the nuts - well it honestly just sad and frustrating that the center left isnt standing up and saying "Hey - this isnt how we should be handling this"

Hopefully, we learn to get the facts about situations like this - before someone really gets hurt.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          The Twitter mob is out of hand I agree. But stop pretending these kids are innocent victims. They're most likely entitled rich kids who were in DC to protest reproductive rights and decided to mock Native Americans (and others, including women) because none of their chaperones had the good sense to make them stop or move them away from the situation. Just because they didn't instigate it doesn't make them innocent.
          Lot more innocent than the BIs or the Native American (who’s story is littered with lies). But yeah, let’s hold the 17 year olds to a higher standard than the adults. Sure, they could have handled walked away in the face of being called Sodomites and Faggots. And yeah, they probably are the off spring of rich, white folks. Doesn’t change the fact they didn’t instigate this but they were the targets of vicious critism from the likes of you.

Comment

The Twitter mob is out of hand I agree. But stop pretending these kids are innocent victims. They're most likely entitled rich kids who were in DC to protest reproductive rights and decided to mock Native Americans (and others, including women) because none of their chaperones had the good sense to make them stop or move them away from the situation. Just because they didn't instigate it doesn't make them innocent.
            So we are a couple days removed from this, and the narrative pretty clearly is these kids didnt start it, and their "chant" was a school cheer to try and drown out the crap being yelled at them. Literally, they did not do anything other than be there (oh and yeah - wear MAGA hats) - and you are still making them out to be some horrible kids. You are blaming them - because their parents likely have money.

C'mon dude - there are times wear you can use the "systemic racism" card, and it may make sense. Not in this case though.
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• While I can imagine myself being that asshole kid, I can't imagine my jesuit high school sending me and my fellow students to DC to participate in an anti-abortion protest and letting us wear MAGA hats.
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                While I can imagine myself being that asshole kid, I can't imagine my jesuit high school sending me and my fellow students to DC to participate in an anti-abortion protest and letting us wear MAGA hats.
                Same here.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• "The red MAGA hat is the new white hood," - Alyssa Milano

Seriously, these convoluted analogies really do a disservice to what actually happened by people wearing white hoods.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    There were some really amazing calls to have someone commit physical violence against this kid. I dont do Twitter, it just seems like more of a cesspool than anything, but to see the Tweets of people like Reza Aslan "Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?" and other people calling for the kid to get kicked in the nuts - well it honestly just sad and frustrating that the center left isnt standing up and saying "Hey - this isnt how we should be handling this"

Hopefully, we learn to get the facts about situations like this - before someone really gets hurt.
                    A. It's completely inappropriate to incite violence against the high school kids or anyone else involved in the situation.
                    B. Having said that, how is it the responsibility of the "center left" to police what people say about it on Twitter? I understand if Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren said something out of line, that it might be the responsibility of their party to stand up to them publicly about it. Or if generally the whole country was rallying with torches and pitchforks to surround and attack the high school, yeah, we want leaders to stand up and stop that. But for individual private citizens, aren't they generally responsible for what they say themselves?
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      While I can imagine myself being that asshole kid, I can't imagine my jesuit high school sending me and my fellow students to DC to participate in an anti-abortion protest and letting us wear MAGA hats.
                      Can you imagine yourself calling teenagers sodomites?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        Can you imagine yourself calling teenagers sodomites?
                        No one in here has defended them, nor has anyone in here called for violence against the MAGAts.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

No one in here has defended them, nor has anyone in here called for violence against the MAGAts.
                          No, but the focus by you (and now Fresno Bob) is clearly on the students reaction, not the insults by the BIs, not the untruthfulness of the Native American and not on the culpability of the media. When the posts begin to reflect who created and escalated the situation, we can have a credible dialogue about the kids role in it.
                          For someone who eschews ‘both sides do it’ rhetoric, you are clinging pretty hard to the concept on this one.

Comment

Actually someone here said that they weren't innocent - I believe it was something like: "Just because they didn't instigate it doesn't make them innocent."

Also, we dont know of anyone here that has specifically called for violence against the kids - but holy shit was Twitter was awash with comments from public figures calling for physical violence be committed against these kids. OccupyDemocrats actually had a picture which had each kid in their own frame and numbered each of them. 45 kids faces with #covingtonshame on it.

So yeah - no one here directly called for violence - but no one the left is holding any of the public figures from the left accountable for saying people should commit violence against these kids - nope these kids aren't innocent. Rather than holding them accountable - we get it wasnt Hillary or Elizabeth Warren, or Nancy Pelosi that said it - so why should we responsible to call out the assholes on the left that called for someone to punch this kid in the face or kick him in the nuts.

Comment

• Sorry your faux outrage at the left is laughable when we have a president who won't even condemn white supremacists.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I also don't recall the same concern for Dr. Ford, who continues to receive death threats. Oh forgot, Kavanaugh was the victim. Funny how white men are always the victims in your mind.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X