X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Wat?

He's already used foreign intelligence to get dirt on political rivals and then authorized its use.

This isn't crazy like a fox, this is him knowing that his base doesn't care how he wins only THAT he wins and if he can piss off the left while he does it, more the better.

He's surrounded himself with people who will defend him no matter how duplicitous he acts.

He said what he said, you know it.
    So, I’m a bit confused what you are disagreeing with. I get that you don’t want to give him any ounce of credit for being able to think “strategically” but other than that I said essentially the same thing as you. Like normal, the news media ate it up, whipped up their viewers and now people are overreacting to a soundbite. Trump picked at a scab on liberals because the Mueller investigation left them wounded.

Is it a smart thing to say, nope. But liberals will ramp up calls for impeachment and that is the best thing to happen for his dwindling poll numbers. Get the right motivated.

Explain to me the foreign intelligence comment. I have no idea what your referring to in that sentence. What did he authorize the use of? If this is regarding the Russian and Wikileaks thing, never mind. If that’s the case, keep in mind that the Steele dossier was written by a former foreign intelligence officer. Oh but Britain is our friend.
    Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-13-2019, 08:42 AM.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• For a moment that even I just had to laugh at his tweet that is now corrected and up about meeting with foreign leaders wasn't exactly right the first time...

"I meet and talk to “foreign governments” every day. I just met with the Queen of England (U.K.), the Prince of Whales, the P.M. of the United Kingdom, the P.M. of Ireland, the President of France and the President of Poland. We talked about “Everything!” Should I immediately...."

Yep in his first try of the tweet he claimed to meet the Prince of Whales. I assume Ariel and Aquaman were there too.
      Last edited by frae; 06-13-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
        So, I’m a bit confused what you are disagreeing with. I get that you don’t want to give him any ounce of credit for being able to think “strategically” but other than that I said essentially the same thing as you. Like normal, the news media ate it up, whipped up their viewers and now people are overreacting to a soundbite. Trump picked at a scab on liberals because the Mueller investigation left them wounded.

Is it a smart thing to say, nope. But liberals will ramp up calls for impeachment and that is the best thing to happen for his dwindling poll numbers. Get the right motivated.

Explain to me the foreign intelligence comment. I have no idea what your referring to in that sentence. What did he authorize the use of? If this is regarding the Russian and Wikileaks thing, never mind. If that’s the case, keep in mind that the Steele dossier was written by a former foreign intelligence officer. Oh but Britain is our friend.

So in your opinion, publicly discussing treasonous activities gets the Right motivated?

As far as the Steele Dossier, that was not a state (Great Britain) sanctioned document, it was private intelligence, so not sure how that applies. Also, didn't Rudy Giuliani recently proclaim he was going to the Ukraine to see if he could get dirt on Biden?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          So in your opinion, publicly discussing treasonous activities gets the Right motivated?

As far as the Steele Dossier, that was not a state (Great Britain) sanctioned document, it was private intelligence, so not sure how that applies. Also, didn't Rudy Giuliani recently proclaim he was going to the Ukraine to see if he could get dirt on Biden?
          Yup, there it is, the TDS. Treasonous acts? See Frae’s post above. I know you’d like him to stop talking to foreign leaders but that is part of the job isn’t it.

You take literally what Giuliani says in one instance and call him a crazy old fart on the other. I get that Steele didn’t speak for GB. Do you think this was good for the country for the Clinton campaign to continue to pursue? It’s ok if Trump does that toward Biden or others in your estimation? It’s just a private party so no biggie.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yup, there it is, the TDS. Treasonous acts? See Frae’s post above. I know you’d like him to stop talking to foreign leaders but that is part of the job isn’t it.
            C'mon Bernie, you're better than this. If he specifically asks foreign leaders for dirt on his political rivals, and doesn't call just to discuss US business, that's not treason? Really? So a CIA officer dealing with a foreign country can just drop state secrets because he's talking to them as part of the job? Got it (yikes).

I think you have a severe case of TDDS (Trump Deranged Defense Syndrome).

You take literally what Giuliani says in one instance and call him a crazy old fart on the other. I get that Steele didn’t speak for GB. Do you think this was good for the country for the Clinton campaign to continue to pursue? It’s ok if Trump does that toward Biden or others in your estimation? It’s just a private party so no biggie.
            There's a big difference between being "a crazy old fart" and certifiably insane. Rudy knows what he's doing, but he's bounded down an increasingly bizarre path since being "America's Mayor." You don't think so?

And if Trump wants to hire a private firm to get dirt on his rivals, as long as it's not using campaign money, that's fine, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              C'mon Bernie, you're better than this. If he specifically asks foreign leaders for dirt on his political rivals, and doesn't call just to discuss US business, that's not treason? Really? So a CIA officer dealing with a foreign country can just drop state secrets because he's talking to them as part of the job? Got it (yikes).

I think you have a severe case of TDDS (Trump Deranged Defense Syndrome).

There's a big difference between being "a crazy old fart" and certifiably insane. Rudy knows what he's doing, but he's bounded down an increasingly bizarre path since being "America's Mayor." You don't think so?

And if Trump wants to hire a private firm to get dirt on his rivals, as long as it's not using campaign money, that's fine, no?
              I’ll admit that I may have TDDS. I probably tend to over react to the irrational comments and preposterous conspiracy theories of those suffering from TDS. The first step to a cure is admitting there’s a problem.

You seem to to be creating my position in this topic. To be totally clear, I think all of it is completely wrong. The Mayor is crazy as bat shit. Trump did say what he said knowing full well this very reaction which is a counter to really bad polling data. If you can’t control the news, change the news! I think the Clinton campaign (who I’m lead to believe paid for the Steele dossier after it was originally started and abandoned by a GOP operative) should not have pursued the opposition research through that means. Do you have a thing that supports him asking the Queen, or the Prince of Wales, or any other head of state for oppo research in any potential opponent?

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• He is welcome to talk to foreign leaders and they will have conversations that I as a citizen won't be privy to, but when he is suggesting that he would accept dirt on a political rival I think he may be breaking the FEC Law on what foreign nationals can provide

FEC Record outreach informational article, published June 23, 2017: Foreign nationals. Information on the federal law that prohibits contributions or expenditures made by foreign individuals, countries, businesses or other foreign nationals, including regulations, advisory opinions and enforcement cases.

So he obviously can't take money, but dirt on a political rival is something that has value, it would compromise him and have him at the very least feel like he owes them favor the way US lobbyists and individuals try to with campaign donations. I'm not saying this would work in a court because I don't know but it looks bad and I have yet to see a currently elected Republican defend him.

As to him trying to force impeachment action to move his stagnant approval numbers, it might be and I guess it could somehow work. I am still in the camp that my parties best political calculation is not to impeach him because I don't know what that does to his numbers. I know for over 2 years now he has been stuck at about a 42% aggregate and I like my parties chances with those numbers. At the very least I know it comes down to 6ish states and I think MI and PA move back to blue while WI is harder for me to gauge.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  He is welcome to talk to foreign leaders and they will have conversations that I as a citizen won't be privy to, but when he is suggesting that he would accept dirt on a political rival I think he may be breaking the FEC Law on what foreign nationals can provide

FEC Record outreach informational article, published June 23, 2017: Foreign nationals. Information on the federal law that prohibits contributions or expenditures made by foreign individuals, countries, businesses or other foreign nationals, including regulations, advisory opinions and enforcement cases.

So he obviously can't take money, but dirt on a political rival is something that has value, it would compromise him and have him at the very least feel like he owes them favor the way US lobbyists and individuals try to with campaign donations. I'm not saying this would work in a court because I don't know but it looks bad and I have yet to see a currently elected Republican defend him.

As to him trying to force impeachment action to move his stagnant approval numbers, it might be and I guess it could somehow work. I am still in the camp that my parties best political calculation is not to impeach him because I don't know what that does to his numbers. I know for over 2 years now he has been stuck at about a 42% aggregate and I like my parties chances with those numbers. At the very least I know it comes down to 6ish states and I think MI and PA move back to blue while WI is harder for me to gauge.
                  This post is what TDS does not look like! Other than the “my party” stuff, I agree with just about everything you wrote. I certainly agree about the “it looks bad” because it is bad. I’m not sure how anyone would defend his remarks (which of course I’m supposedly doing). I answered Teenwolf by saying the media is overplaying this based on a sound bite, which is an example of media TDS.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I’ll admit that I may have TDDS. I probably tend to over react to the irrational comments and preposterous conspiracy theories of those suffering from TDS. The first step to a cure is admitting there’s a problem.

You seem to to be creating my position in this topic. To be totally clear, I think all of it is completely wrong. The Mayor is crazy as bat shit. Trump did say what he said knowing full well this very reaction which is a counter to really bad polling data. If you can’t control the news, change the news! I think the Clinton campaign (who I’m lead to believe paid for the Steele dossier after it was originally started and abandoned by a GOP operative) should not have pursued the opposition research through that means. Do you have a thing that supports him asking the Queen, or the Prince of Wales, or any other head of state for oppo research in any potential opponent?
                    What in the above statements regarding gathering/using foreign intel is preposterous?

He HAS publically asked for dirt on political opponents from Nations who are America's enemies He has applauded meetings with foreign nationals representing enemy nations when the meeting was about getting dirt on a political rival. He HAS shown the HE and HE alone will make the decisions, he's shown that in both Private and Presidential life. If it happens he's authorized it. Sure after a lifetime of grifting he's become aware of how to go about it without any actual documentation, like a mafia don never really says-- Go Kill That Guy, but he does give the order and it gets done.

Sure the Media and most on the left are as you say--Frothing at the mouth to get this guy out of office or neuter him so that he just stops--The question is-Why aren't You? Like has been said in here by others and myself--You're better than this Bernie.

He a liar, a homophobe, a bigot, a xenophobe, a bully, a misogynist, ignorant, uneducated, crass, a coward and that's just a few of his personal canards. His policy does one thing--Makes money for people, regardless of what it destroys, the environment, workers rights etc, etc.

EVERYONE should be frothing at the mouth to get this guy out of office or at the very least demand he respect the separation/balance of powers within the GOVT.

I absolutely guarantee that if Obama or any Democrat did this shit when in office the Right would be in the streets en mass, demanding that presidents ouster.

Again I'll ask--Why aren't YOU advocating his removal? Or at the very least, someone putting a leash on the guy.

PS Please don't confuse Being a Dickish Troll with being strategic., It's not. It's dangerous and it's about to blow up in his face.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      What in the above statements regarding gathering/using foreign intel is preposterous?

He HAS publically asked for dirt on political opponents from Nations who are America's enemies He has applauded meetings with foreign nationals representing enemy nations when the meeting was about getting dirt on a political rival. He HAS shown the HE and HE alone will make the decisions, he's shown that in both Private and Presidential life. If it happens he's authorized it. Sure after a lifetime of grifting he's become aware of how to go about it without any actual documentation, like a mafia don never really says-- Go Kill That Guy, but he does give the order and it gets done.

Sure the Media and most on the left are as you say--Frothing at the mouth to get this guy out of office or neuter him so that he just stops--The question is-Why aren't You? Like has been said in here by others and myself--You're better than this Bernie.

He a liar, a homophobe, a bigot, a xenophobe, a bully, a misogynist, ignorant, uneducated, crass, a coward and that's just a few of his personal canards. His policy does one thing--Makes money for people, regardless of what it destroys, the environment, workers rights etc, etc.

EVERYONE should be frothing at the mouth to get this guy out of office or at the very least demand he respect the separation/balance of powers within the GOVT.

I absolutely guarantee that if Obama or any Democrat did this shit when in office the Right would be in the streets en mass, demanding that presidents ouster.

Again I'll ask--Why aren't YOU advocating his removal? Or at the very least, someone putting a leash on the guy.

PS Please don't confuse Being a Dickish Troll with being strategic., It's not. It's dangerous and it's about to blow up in his face.
                      I’m not even going to try respond to most of this. You’re thinking I’m not wanting him out of Office? Boy, that’s a huge mis-read. Get him out of Office the right way. Don’t run shitty candidates or profess shitty policies that half the country will run from.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I’m not even going to try respond to most of this. You’re thinking I’m not wanting him out of Office? Boy, that’s a huge mis-read. Get him out of Office the right way. Don’t run shitty candidates or profess shitty policies that half the country will run from.
                        If I guarantee you the Republicans keep the Senate would you sign up for just about anyone? Democrats won't be pushing major changes through on much with McConnell in charge and all of the Democratic field at least fits into the pre-Trump politician box that we have all seen before. The SC has replaced two members already and the most likely to go are liberals so we keep the court balanced. I know I won't convince many Trump supporters, but you don't like him and if the Republicans hold the Senate they keep things from changing too much and we all get someone who is at the very least out of his depth out of the office for the good of the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          If I guarantee you the Republicans keep the Senate would you sign up for just about anyone? Democrats won't be pushing major changes through on much with McConnell in charge and all of the Democratic field at least fits into the pre-Trump politician box that we have all seen before. The SC has replaced two members already and the most likely to go are liberals so we keep the court balanced. I know I won't convince many Trump supporters, but you don't like him and if the Republicans hold the Senate they keep things from changing too much and we all get someone who is at the very least out of his depth out of the office for the good of the country.
                          That’s why a moderate Dem makes the most sense and someone like Biden, who would be a bitter pill for former GOPers to swallow for his association to Obama. But he is the lesser of both evils. I don’t think he’s evil. I think he’s probably a good fellow to grab a beer with. I’d vomit the beer on Trump.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

That’s why a moderate Dem makes the most sense and someone like Biden, who would be a bitter pill for former GOPers to swallow for his association to Obama. But he is the lesser of both evils. I don’t think he’s evil. I think he’s probably a good fellow to grab a beer with. I’d vomit the beer on Trump.
                            now you're just trolling teenwolf ...
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              now you're just trolling teenwolf ...
                              Lol! I’m really not. But... I see what you did there.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who hasn't held a press briefing in 94 days — the longest drought ever for a president— is the next Trumpie to depart. I wonder if her getting caught lying about the FBI had anything to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X