Page 682 of 703 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 7022

Thread: President Donald Trump

since the investigation is winding down my guess is that Mueller feels that pinching Trump or any member of his family is out of his purview.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Am I the only one would feel relieved if the investigation came back without evidence of Trump selling out to the Russians? If it was just normal corruption and lying? Not that those things are to be excused, but I kinda want to believe that maybe our president is just a dummy and a narcissist and picks bad people to work for him but isn't actually beholden to the Russians in some extraordinary way and that he didn't do more than the already stupid things we know he did publicly.

I don't expect that to be the case, but I'd be relieved to learn that Bob Mueller looked into it and that was what he concluded.
    It's a near certainty, so be reassured. The Mueller team has leaked like a sieve throughout the investigation, so we would know already if he had anything.

What I want to know is where they the investigation off. In theory, the investigation should be carefully apolitical in who was under investigation. Given the composition of the investigation team, that's highly unlikely. However, exactly where inquiries cut off should be informative.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Big Leaguer
    The Mueller team is the yin to trumps yang. As trump plays politics with daily tweets, literally hundreds of tweets that could be classified as intimidation, gaslighting, attacks on judiciary, and ugly directionless outright lies trying to sway public opinion. In contrast Mueller always, almost without exception, stays silent. "Mueller’s only public statement as special counsel came on May 17, 2017, the day he was appointed: “I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability.”

While trump team leaks, Mueller team has been remarkably, even historically tight lipped and invisible considering size and scope of this case, letting indictments speak for themselves. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.332c213fd353

As clownlike, immoral, and embarrassing trump team has been in handling this, Mueller team has been unerringly professional, effective, and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    The Mueller team is the yin to trumps yang. As trump plays politics with daily tweets, literally hundreds of tweets that could be classified as intimidation, gaslighting, attacks on judiciary, and ugly directionless outright lies trying to sway public opinion. In contrast Mueller always, almost without exception, stays silent. "Mueller’s only public statement as special counsel came on May 17, 2017, the day he was appointed: “I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability.”

While trump team leaks, Mueller team has been remarkably, even historically tight lipped and invisible considering size and scope of this case, letting indictments speak for themselves. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.332c213fd353

As clownlike, immoral, and embarrassing trump team has been in handling this, Mueller team has been unerringly professional, effective, and efficient.
    You forget, in J’s Bizarro World, Mueller is the leaker and Trump is tight-lipped. It’s hard to understand sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    It's a near certainty, so be reassured. The Mueller team has leaked like a sieve throughout the investigation, so we would know already if he had anything.

J
    please give examples of this leaky sieve
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Damn, what a boring speech.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

John Harwood
    ‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood
    3m3 minutes ago

Republicans applaud Trump call for school choice but zero chance it passes Democratic House

Democrats applaud call for paid family leave but zero chance it passes Republican Senate
    just kicked off my 36th year in same 12-team NL 5x5
    have stumbled out of the gate
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Roark 8, PLopez 1
    RP Jeffress 1, AMiller 14, Dominguez 10, Neshek
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Descalso, 13 Belt 10, 2B Barnes 8, SS BCrawford 9, 2S EGonzalez 2-DL
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, KMarte 10, Dyson 8, NWilliams 2, UT Daza (minors)
    DL: SP Cueto 1, 3B TFrazier 2, OF Dickerson 17

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Damn, what a boring speech.
    All SOTU are boring. It's in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    You forget, in J’s Bizarro World, Mueller is the leaker and Trump is tight-lipped. It’s hard to understand sometimes.
    Trump's not tight-lipped. Just the opposite.

Are you actually taking the position that Mueller's team did not leak, for example, George Papadopoulos' name? For anopther, why was there a news crew ready to record the pre-dawn raid of Stone's home. Everything the investigation ever turned up on Papadopoulos, Flynn, Manafort, etc. was tipped to the media ahead of time, When I used a sieve as an example. I was being conservative. There have been many more leaks than holes in a sieve.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

The silence about the SOTU is deafening.

Poll numbers are off the chart favorable. Pelosi did Trump a big favor by making a spectacle of this speech.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    The silence about the SOTU is deafening.

Poll numbers are off the chart favorable. Pelosi did Trump a big favor by making a spectacle of this speech.

J
    Deafening ? Maybe. Barely listenable was my rating