Page 677 of 745 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 7445

Thread: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by hacko View Post
    So the bottom line is he is saying excactly what they passed before Rush L got to him before the shutdown. What the Hell - month of shutdown for nothing. How do people still back him? How does he get away with this %%%%.
    No idea but he's getting bounced in 2020 if he makes it that long.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Check out Ann Coulter tweet. Lol

Big Leaguer
    Trump couldnt pass wall funding when R controlled both chambers of congress. Trump thought, now with a new D controlled house and Pelosi who held view that wall funding was an immorality he could just hijack the process rather than trying to pass a bill thru regular order would just make people suffer till he got his way. Guy is just a monster.

Aside from his penchant to disrespect every long term ally while at same time heaping praise on the worlds strongman evil dictators.... And wanting to withdraw US from Nato and world climate accord and anything else that is the bedrock of holding peace and prosperity in favor of throwing his support to freakin Saudi prince who orders a hit on a US resident reporter, or Putin who has ordered poisoning of residents in UK, ( "Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."), or Trumps very friendly conversations with Rodrigo Duterte, Philippines, who kills reporters. Though, to be fair, Duterte held some criticism, "Duterte's praised Trump, he's also said: "He is a bigot and I am not." Trumps name is on a 57 story, 150 million dollar building in Manilla, Phillipines so lets play nice.

Literally Trump embodies the worst traits one could cartoonishly muster of the ugly american, and though he is an embarrassment, somehow we have not been escalated into a nuclear war yet so I have to say it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhrdog View Post
    Wonder where they learned that?
    I would say Newt Gingrich but it goes back further. Tip o'Neill maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    No idea but he's getting bounced in 2020 if he makes it that long.
    He won't run. I doubt he ever intended to run again.

Trump gained one thing no one is talking about it. The State of the Union speech is now center stage.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    He won't run. I doubt he ever intended to run again.
    You're telling me he's going to willing give up this:

and this:

and all the benefits the presidency brings to the dealings of the Trump Organization around the world?

I'll believe that when I see it. He's got a sweet deal to fill his pockets for years to come in ways he never could as a legitimate businessman, and he's not going to give up either the adulation or the free money easily.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    You're telling me he's going to willing give up this:

and this:

and all the benefits the presidency brings to the dealings of the Trump Organization around the world?

I'll believe that when I see it. He's got a sweet deal to fill his pockets for years to come in ways he never could as a legitimate businessman, and he's not going to give up either the adulation or the free money easily.
    You can make a fortune as a post-President too. Remember when the Clintons were dead broke when they left the White House? Now worth 80+M. Not bad for just 18 years. Based on his real estate purchases, it looks like the Obama’s are doing ok financially as well (net worth $40M).
    He will make a ton of money, but it will be after his Presidency. Probably start that news network he was going to if he had lost in 2016. The Presidency is ego fuel for him but it’s not a cash bonanza.
    Last edited by nots; 01-26-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nots View Post
    You can make a fortune as a post-President too. Remember when the Clintons were dead broke when they left the White House? Now worth 80+M. Not bad for just 18 years. Based on his real estate purchases, it looks like the Obama’s are doing ok financially as well (net worth $40M).
    He will make a ton of money, but it will be after his Presidency. Probably start that news network he was going to if he had lost in 2016. The Presidency is ego fuel for him but it’s not a cash bonanza.
    It was never true that the Clintons were dead broke when they left the White House. That canard is up there with taking sniper fire at an airfield.

However, the bulk of the estimated 250-300 $Million net worth was acquired since leaving office. https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#8c1fdbd7a16e

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-27-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid nullnor's Avatar
    being president = $

the longer you are president the more you're in the game and the more you know whats up or going on in the world which = more $

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    being president = $

the longer you are president the more you're in the game and the more you know whats up or going on in the world which = more $
    Likely true, but the longer you are president the less time you have to be an ex-president, which is when you make that $. And when you start out as the oldest to assume the presidency, that means those 4 years are a relatively large portion of your remaining life.

What I suspect he's most loathe to give up is presidential pardon power and presidential immunity.