Page 739 of 739 FirstFirst ... 239639689729737738739
Results 7,381 to 7,387 of 7387

Thread: President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Can anyone verify the news that trump just tweeted something to the effect that Ohmar had at one time been married to her brother?
    A reporter from One America News Network yesterday asked him something to the effect of "Is your administration going to possibly look into immigration fraud committed by Ilhan Omar possibly marrying her brother?"

And he responded, "Well, there's a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother. You're asking me a question about it. I don't know, but I'm sure that somebody would be looking at that."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._about_it.html

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    A reporter from One America News Network yesterday asked him something to the effect of "Is your administration going to possibly look into immigration fraud committed by Ilhan Omar possibly marrying her brother?"

And he responded, "Well, there's a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother. You're asking me a question about it. I don't know, but I'm sure that somebody would be looking at that."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._about_it.html

Thanks, it's a good thing not being on Twitter, but it makes keeping things accurate a little more difficult.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Can anyone verify the news that trump just tweeted something to the effect that Ohmar had at one time been married to her brother?

If he did, my question to any right leaning junkie is this :

When is enough, enough?

What more will it take for you to demand his removal from office?

What are you going to do to reclaim your party
    /movement/affiliation?
    Has anyone other than 1J actually proclaimed Trump is their guy?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

the "Omar and her brother" thing has been kicked around on right-wing radio for weeks, along with supposed tax evasion issues. I have no idea about its validity, but Trump surely must have known about it.

meanwhile, can anyone figure out why Trump is backpedaling on "Send Her Home" chants?

At the White House on Thursday, Trump said he "disagreed" with the chant, and was "not happy with it." He said he "started speaking very quickly" to halt the chant.

he's happy with "they should go back to where they came from" about 3 of 4 Congresswomen who were born here, and "Lock Her Up!" for Hillary Clinton - why bother with a trial? - he was good with that, too.

for any other politician, the backpedal means a trusted aide explained the political downside and the elected official then pivoted. but this guy obviously doesn't listen to anybody. how did he find this line?

I have mentioned that I used to deal with him regularly on business a decade ago, but it hasn't helped me dissect this one.

UPDATE: NBC reporting that Ivanka laid down the hammer on this one. it's as good a speculation as any.
    Last edited by Judge Jude; Yesterday at 07:59 PM.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    rallied to within 10 pts out of 3rd at the ASB
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle, Pivetta 10
    RP Jeffress 1, Dyson
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, RP TGuerrero, SS EGonzalez 2, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2, Daza, RDavis

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    This is A+ perfect Trump speak. He....

.....implies that he's heard a lot about the rumor: "Well, there's a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother."

.....but he doesn't know for sure: "I know nothing about it."

.....but even though he has no evidence, he then says it again as fact: "I hear she was married to her brother."

.....but denies again: "You're asking me a question about it. I don't know"

.....before giving it more credence to it by saying that it's serious: "but I'm sure that somebody would be looking at that."

So it's just enough for the Trumpies/Foxies/Right Wingers to pick up on it.

This response yesterday evening was to my will you vote for Trump question. He is a high school classmate of mine - white, college educated, mid 50s, very "christian", upper/middle class, suburban Ohio

Yes, I voted for Trump in 2016...primarily for SCOTUS, but Hillary was not an option either. I did hope he would succeed in improving the economy and bring steel and other heavy paying labor jobs back.

For 2020 it's hard for me not to vote conservative. I don't care for anyone on the D side, however I do think Biden would be pretty impotent so he would be less painful.

I like much of what Trump is working on for the country, but I don't like him. He is labeled some things like racist...Ds call anyone a racist at the drop of a hat. Just because he wants to control the borders and doesn't want the worst South America has to offer doesn't make him a racist. We want to vet those that want to be here, and I'm all for the vast majority being accepted in, just do it the right way. We need the workforce and these are great people coming from the south by and large.

When he says some things I wish I had another conservative choice. Could I vote in another direction, possibly. I would have to see the final D candidate and if there are any other options.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    This response yesterday evening was to my will you vote for Trump question. He is a high school classmate of mine - white, college educated, mid 50s, very "christian", upper/middle class, suburban Ohio

Yes, I voted for Trump in 2016...primarily for SCOTUS, but Hillary was not an option either. I did hope he would succeed in improving the economy and bring steel and other heavy paying labor jobs back.

For 2020 it's hard for me not to vote conservative. I don't care for anyone on the D side, however I do think Biden would be pretty impotent so he would be less painful.

I like much of what Trump is working on for the country, but I don't like him. He is labeled some things like racist...Ds call anyone a racist at the drop of a hat. Just because he wants to control the borders and doesn't want the worst South America has to offer doesn't make him a racist. We want to vet those that want to be here, and I'm all for the vast majority being accepted in, just do it the right way. We need the workforce and these are great people coming from the south by and large.

When he says some things I wish I had another conservative choice. Could I vote in another direction, possibly. I would have to see the final D candidate and if there are any other options.
    Thank you! So conservatives DO like Biden?! Hahahaha....