This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Fuck this, it's well past time for serious gun control, nationwide...
    Well past time for a partial rewrite of the constitution to account for things that could have never been considered.

Comment

• also - can someone explain what "thoughts and prayers" actually means
      What is even the intention when someone says that?

we are thinking about you?
      we are praying for the dead?

what does that even mean?

Comment

• I lost faith in this nation demanding with enough force for change on gun control after Sandy Hook. All that happened then and since were people distorted reality to fit their desires and beliefs... If mass shootings using assault weapons is evidence for a need for greater regulation and restriction, then what do they do? They pretend those things are not true. They are fake or false flags or the solution to that problem, like Trump has said, is MORE guns.

Another mass shooting today, less than 14 hours after the last one. This time 9 dead, 26 injured. And still nothing will change.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-04-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• From the El Paso County Sheriff...
          El Paso Sheriff Richard Wiles, who oversees the jail holding the suspected attacker, called the attack racist in a Facebook post Saturday night.

“This Anglo man came here to kill Hispanics,” he wrote. “I’m outraged and you should be too. This entire nation should be outraged. In this day and age, with all the serious issues we face, we are still confronted with people who will kill another for the sole reason of the color of their skin.”
          The complete statement is extremely powerful...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            From the El Paso County Sheriff...

The complete statement is extremely powerful...
            And unfortunately the blame will go to the "unfair fake news"

Comment

• I can't even begin to describe how angry this shit makes me.

I wouldn't be feeling this way if something had been done to reduce these incidents when they first started becoming commonplace. Or if there wasn't such pushback, both systemic and societal, against common sense solutions.

But now, I'm at the point where I want bad things to happen to those who embrace this hateful mindset. I want to punish those who encourage and nurture the environment in which it's fostered. I want those who stand in the way of doing something, anything to reduce these tragedies to feel the loss those they've failed to protect have suffered

This may make me a bad person in some peoples opinion, but I don't see how any compassionate, humane member of society could not feel or think these same things, even if only in a fleeting moment.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It should be noted that after the El Paso massacre, but before the Dayton one, our monster of a president found the time to.....no, not fly to the scene to comfort the victims, or consult with advisers about the gun epidemic, or even just hold a press conference, don’t be silly.........crash a wedding! Yessir. Can’t interrupt the vacation he said he would never take! Time to par-tay!

Comment

• The governments of Uruguay and Venezuela (the most dangerous country in the world) just issued travel warnings to its citizens about traveling to......the United States! #thanksdonald

Comment

• This article:

reminded me of this hilarious piece on Mark Reynolds:
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Dopey unfortunately visits El Paso and all he was concerned about was the size of his crowd vs. Beto’s and the credit he would receive for showing up.

Top 5 ever!!

Comment

• (CNN) A man has been accused of assaulting a 13-year-old boy in Montana after the boy wouldn't remove his hat during the National Anthem before a county rodeo, according to court documents.

Curt James Brockway, 39, was arrested and charged with felony assault on minor, according to an affidavit filed in district court in Mineral County Tuesday.
                        The incident happened on Saturday at the Mineral County Fairgrounds in the town of Superior after the boy responded rudely when the man asked him to take his hat off, according to court documents. The child had blood coming from his ears, a concussion and a fractured skull, the affidavit said.

Lance Jasper, Brockway's attorney said his client has a severe traumatic brain injury and has problems with impulse control. Between that and being a disabled veteran who is "uber patriotic," Jasper said Brockway is influenced by the rhetoric of President Donald Trump.

Referring to times the President has spoken out against athletes and others that kneel or protest during the National Anthem and when he suggested possible jail time or loss of citizenship for burning the American flag, Jasper said, "Curt takes that literally and views the president as the commander in chief and when he sees it happening, he feels he needs to do something about it."

A man has been accused of assaulting a 13-year-old boy in Montana after the boy wouldn't remove his hat during the National Anthem before a county rodeo, according to court documents.

Comment

• Comment

• Dopey's approval numbers have slipped dramatically since the two mass shootings rocked the country. His disapproval on even right-leaning polls shows -7 at best, -16 at worst. Fox News had his disapproval rating at 56% the other day, one under their previous high.

Meanwhile, the generic Congressional ballot has surged to Dems +8 on the backs of the GOP failure to do anything meaningful on gun control. A Fox News poll also showed that fully 67% of Americans support an assault weapons ban.

Comment

• Without a lick of any evidence, The Dope-in-Chief told the brainwashed mass at his NH rally that he would've won the state in 2016 if not for "voter fraud." The brainwashed mass cheered wildly.

Comment

• This is frustrating
                                http://https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/7x59aa/this-democrat-went-to-a-maga-rally-to-try-to-understand-trump-supporters

Comment

Working...
                                X