Page 633 of 671 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635643 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 6709

Thread: President Donald Trump

Mattis quits. #nochaoshere

He quits because of Trumpy's Syria decision, which obviously went against his (shocking!) and now there's a yuuuuge fear that he is going to withdraw from Afghanistan as well. #stablegenius

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Leaving Syria abruptly was just dumb. Doubling down on an abrupt pull out of Afghanistan as well is incredibly dangerous. I suspect this means something big is coming. Distract and divert.
    Leaving Iraq abruptly was outright insane, so I guess this is an improvement.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Leaving Iraq abruptly was outright insane, so I guess this is an improvement.

J
    whatabout, whatabout, whatabout, whatabout, whatabout, whatabout

I want to see Trump's tax returns, but supporting this Orwellian angle is creepy:

"A 1924 law says the Treasury secretary "shall furnish" tax returns of any person for private review by the chairs of the House and Senate tax committees."

[I imagine by 'private,' they mean the nanosecond between receipt of the documents and a media leak. if we go down this path, why wouldn't either party in power fish for 10,000 tax returns at once? these are powerful, wealthy people in both parties, so with any luck at all, a lot of fish get taken down. bonus points for doing it now, so that both parties will have a chair who can go fishing. I have a feeling there are plenty of big fish who are frantically texting, or will be soon.]
    just finished my 35th year in 12-team NL 5x5
    AVG collapse in Sept left us finishing 4th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

UPDATED! 2019 keeper candidates (can keep up to 11)
    SP Kershaw 42, AWood 5, CSmith 1
    RP Jeffress 1, Dominguez 10, Knebel 2
    C Realmuto 13, 3B Longoria 15, 2B Kendrick 8, 2S Hanson 10
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, CarGo 14, FCordero 10

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Mattis quits. #nochaoshere

He quits because of Trumpy's Syria decision, which obviously went against his (shocking!) and now there's a yuuuuge fear that he is going to withdraw from Afghanistan as well. #stablegenius
    After reading Mattis's pretty stunning resignation letter, it's clear that him quitting was about a rift much broader and deeper than just the Syria withdrawal. Look, I'm no neoconservative interventionist promoting the US as "the indispensable nation", but I am concerned about an unqualified, mercurial and tempermental president who appears to be no longer respecting the advice and counsel of the experienced and careful experts on his team and at his disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    After reading Mattis's pretty stunning resignation letter, it's clear that him quitting was about a rift much broader and deeper than just the Syria withdrawal. Look, I'm no neoconservative interventionist promoting the US as "the indispensable nation", but I am concerned about an unqualified, mercurial and tempermental president who appears to be no longer respecting the advice and counsel of the experienced and careful experts on his team and at his disposal.
    Oh absolutely, but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Have you read the Bob Woodward book? If not, you should. These guys, especially the generals, cannot stand the fact they're reporting to a know-nothing, draft dodging imbecile who thinks he knows more than them about the military.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    Our 2K troops were never going to make a difference in a war they had no authorization being a part of to begin with. I agree that Trump is not the man to be making these decisions but this is one of the few things he's done right IMO.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I'm no fan of "the wall," but let's face it - $5B is not even one tenth of one-tenth of a rounding error in the US budget.

seems to me that Trump doesn't give a crap about the DACA issue, given his all over the place comments.

couldn't the Ds work a deal where they solve DACA and give Trump his stupid piece of the wall? I think they could.

I'm no fan of ransom, either, but if that's what it takes, assuming the Ds actually care about these families and aren't just using them as props......
    just finished my 35th year in 12-team NL 5x5
    AVG collapse in Sept left us finishing 4th
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

UPDATED! 2019 keeper candidates (can keep up to 11)
    SP Kershaw 42, AWood 5, CSmith 1
    RP Jeffress 1, Dominguez 10, Knebel 2
    C Realmuto 13, 3B Longoria 15, 2B Kendrick 8, 2S Hanson 10
    OF Harper 41, Eaton 18, CarGo 14, FCordero 10

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I'm no fan of "the wall," but let's face it - $5B is not even one tenth of one-tenth of a rounding error in the US budget.

seems to me that Trump doesn't give a crap about the DACA issue, given his all over the place comments.

couldn't the Ds work a deal where they solve DACA and give Trump his stupid piece of the wall? I think they could.

I'm no fan of ransom, either, but if that's what it takes......
    Not a chance. Why would the Democrats cave on an issue that most Americans agree with them on now when Trump is in his weakest position? They're going to sit back and watch the petulant man-child further implode by forcing a shut-down when he doesn't get what he wants.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige