Page 1 of 729 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: President Donald Trump

President Donald Trump

I never, ever thought this would happen. Lets hope the next 4 years are better than we expect. I've been wrong for 1.5 years about Trump, hoping to be wrong another 4 or 8.

I wanted a Trump avatar but I didnt find his funny faces all that funny...

I let my 5th grade students watch part of the inauguration live today. They got to see the swearing in of both Pence and Trump and listen to President Trump's speech. After turning it off I allowed the students to talk and ask questions. A student stated that Trump made a lot of broad promises and asked how Trump was going to keep those promises. I didn't have the answer for the young man, for I was asking myself the same thing - I could simply answer, "We shall see."
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

I'll admit that I haven't listened to (or read the transcripts of) every Inaugural Address, but this one painted the darkest and most negative image of our nation I have heard or seen. I'm not sure why that was necessary (or desirable) in order for the President to paint his vision for our future.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    I'll admit that I haven't listened to (or read the transcripts of) every Inaugural Address, but this one painted the darkest and most negative image of our nation I have heard or seen. I'm not sure why that was necessary (or desirable) in order for the President to paint his vision for our future.
    Because he's a classless turd.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Because he's a classless turd.
    Not true. He's in a class of one.

I give him credit. He did his best to insult everyone on stage with him except his family.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I didnt watch anything but a clip of Bill Clinton staring at someone and being caught by Hillary. Oh, saw a snowflake crying over Trump being sworn in.

I'm more interested in policy than speeches.

Nice to see the administration is starting out focused on the important goals of the nation...like keeping the public in the dark.

Interior Department officials have been ordered to shut down the organization's official Twitter accounts indefinitely after the National Park Service shared tweets comparing attendance at President Donald Trump's inauguration against former President Barack Obama's.

“All bureaus and the department have been directed by incoming administration to shut down Twitter platforms immediately until further notice,” said an email obtained by the Washington Post circulated to Park Service employees Friday.

Earlier Friday the verified Twitter account for the National Park Service retweeted a post from New York Times reporter Binyamin Applebaum showing side by side images of the crowds at Trump’s inauguration and at President Barack Obama’s record-setting 2009 swearing-in. Obama’s, on the left, shows a jam-packed National Mall while Trump’s, on the right, is more sparsely populated.

The photos were seen as stark evidence that Trump’s prediction of an “unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout” did not come to fruition.

The organization also retweeted another user commenting that the whitehouse.gov website had been "scrubbed clean" of pages discussing civil rights, climate change and health care.

Interior Department officials were then given an "urgent directive" to close their official accounts “until further directed." An investigation into whether the tweets were intentional, accidental or part of a hack, is underway, according to the report.

The directive encompasses the department's numerous bureaus and offices, effectively shutting down dozens of official government accounts.

The retweet was particularly jarring given that the NPS stopped providing official crowd estimates for events on the Mall, including inagurations, after a dispute over counts at the Million Man March in 1995 prompted a lawsuit threat.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nce-nps-233937
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by cardboardbox View Post
    I didnt watch anything but a clip of Bill Clinton staring at someone and being caught by Hillary. Oh, saw a snowflake crying over Trump being sworn in.

I'm more interested in policy than speeches.
    Sure, but it seems that your point is to unnecessarily downplay the role of speeches. Wouldn't it be fair to say that "speeches" have been an important strategic device used by many of our successful presidents to unveil and drum up support for major policy initiatives?

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    Nice to see the administration is starting out focused on the important goals of the nation...like keeping the public in the dark.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nce-nps-233937
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/na...19d16a6e0.html

The Department of the Interior is again retweeting after its brief internal investigation. Much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Because that's what's going to keep him or Pence or Ivanka or Don Jr. or Jared "The Middle East Savior" Kushner in office -- painting the US as a bleak, failing country with crime infested ghettos on fire, and he and only he has the answer.