This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    Tonight while holding a press event in the Rose Garden Pres Trump had peaceful protesters cleared from Lafayette Park with tear gas and flashbangs before the curfew hours so that he could walk to St John's church and get a photo op. A god damn photo op. He used force to remove American Citizens who were not in violation of curfew or being violent in any way so he could stand in front of the church and wave a bible for the cameras. Fuck that guy!
    I wonder how he spins this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ep...I7h?li=BBnbfcN

The church didn't want him there and the church leaders are crystal clear on that fact, as well as the fact that he stands apart from Christian values. Yet millions of Evangelicals will continue to practice separation of church and state when it comes to ignoring what church leaders and their own holy scriptures say that should make them call into question their support for the most unholy president in our nation's history.

“I am the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington and was not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop,” Budde said.

She excoriated the president for standing in front of the church — its windows boarded up with plywood — holding up a Bible, which Budde said “declares that God is love.”

“Everything he has said and done is to inflame violence,” Budde of the president. “We need moral leadership, and he’s done everything to divide us.”

In a written statement, Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, head of the Episcopal denomination, accused Trump of using “a church building and the Holy Bible for partisan political purposes.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I wonder how he spins this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ep...I7h?li=BBnbfcN

The church didn't want him there and the church leaders are crystal clear on that fact, as well as the fact that he stands apart from Christian values. Yet millions of Evangelicals will continue to practice separation of church and state when it comes to ignoring what church leaders and their own holy scriptures say that should make them call into question their support for the most unholy president in our nation's history.

“I am the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington and was not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop,” Budde said.

She excoriated the president for standing in front of the church — its windows boarded up with plywood — holding up a Bible, which Budde said “declares that God is love.”

“Everything he has said and done is to inflame violence,” Budde of the president. “We need moral leadership, and he’s done everything to divide us.”

In a written statement, Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, head of the Episcopal denomination, accused Trump of using “a church building and the Holy Bible for partisan political purposes.”

He isn't. He's given up the facade and no longer cares If we see his true nature. He's going to do whatever he wants and dare us to stop him.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        He isn't. He's given up the facade and no longer cares If we see his true nature. He's going to do whatever he wants and dare us to stop him.
        Yep, he sees that he's going down and he's going to try to bring the whole country down with him.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Yep, he sees that he's going down and he's going to try to bring the whole country down with him.
          The only ones that can stop him are Senate Republicans and that's not happening unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I saw someone tweeting about how far “left” the Episcopalians have become, so yeah, that’s how they’ll spin it. I got a sneak preview of the Trump tweet. “The RADICAL LEFT church leaders don’t speak for the GREAT episcopoodlians (that’s probably how Trump will spell it) that are my friends. And I ALWAYS read the Bible upside down - it is more FAKE NEWS that I held it upside down by accident. We need unity now, you evil dirty Democrats, so I will continue to tweet insults at all Democrats and the media to do my part. OBAMAGATE!”

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
              I've told people I think they will have to drag his ass out of the WH either when he loses or at the end of his term(s).....they tell me I'm wrong.
              Hopefully it will be like the video of Muammar Gaddafi!

Comment

• Defense Secretary Esper will be fired in 3, 2, 1...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ponse-n1223456

He's not dominating enough.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                  Defense Secretary Esper will be fired in 3, 2, 1...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ponse-n1223456

He's not dominating enough.

well good to know that he has a fine job to go back to - https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-esper-859988/

Comment

• "I've told people I think they will have to drag his ass out of the WH either when he loses or at the end of his term(s).....they tell me I'm wrong."

His base is a solid 1/3rd of country, and is fanatically loyal. If you have that many people who firmly believe trump was sent by god to lead, then this cant be a smooth transition of power. Same base, people who still today believe Obama was not born in this country, confronting them with trumps own comments of "you can grab them by the xxx" or he can shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight, and not lose support. Pointing out his some 17K lies does nothing, nothing, nothing. The election results will be equally meaningless to them, all fake news, trump was sent by god to lead, you snowflake.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      "I've told people I think they will have to drag his ass out of the WH either when he loses or at the end of his term(s).....they tell me I'm wrong."

His base is a solid 1/3rd of country, and is fanatically loyal. If you have that many people who firmly believe trump was sent by god to lead, then this cant be a smooth transition of power. Same base, people who still today believe Obama was not born in this country, confronting them with trumps own comments of "you can grab them by the xxx" or he can shoot someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight, and not lose support. Pointing out his some 17K lies does nothing, nothing, nothing. The election results will be equally meaningless to them, all fake news, trump was sent by god to lead, you snowflake.
                      I like snowflakes.
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

"I've told people I think they will have to drag his ass out of the WH either when he loses or at the end of his term(s).....they tell me I'm wrong."

We had this discussion a while back:

It's only gotten worse since then. hell there might be fighting in the streets BEFORE the election.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• we did have this discussion some 8 months ago. And the general board view was just wrong, as in too mild, not believing there could be a substantial break in society. View most agreed on "Some isolated vandalism, maybe a riot or two, but I think visions of rednecks running around shooting people because Trump lost is hyperbolic." At this point, it is fair, imo, to revisit and maybe concede there is room for it to be well worse, well more widespread, and a very real position that trump wont go away quietly when he loses.

Comment

we did have this discussion some 8 months ago. And the general board view was just wrong, as in too mild, not believing there could be a substantial break in society. View most agreed on "Some isolated vandalism, maybe a riot or two, but I think visions of rednecks running around shooting people because Trump lost is hyperbolic." At this point, it is fair, imo, to revisit and maybe concede there is room for it to be well worse, well more widespread, and a very real position that trump wont go away quietly when he loses.
                            I don't think we should rule anything out. He's proven nothing except he will do whatever he wants to--Including requesting violence, inciting it, enabling it and we know how petty and vindictive the guy is.

Yeah 2020 is indeed going to be a year to remember.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              I don't think we should rule anything out. He's proven nothing except he will do whatever he wants to--Including requesting violence, inciting it, enabling it and we know how petty and vindictive the guy is.

Yeah 2020 is indeed going to be a year to remember.
                              we are not even close to being done with 2020 and Trump

Comment

• seriously - why are people not extremely concerned about this? - it was hard to even find a report on these unidentifiable patrols in DC - get any member of congress and a TV crew down there and start asking some questions

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/sta...070731778?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                X