X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Another thing,

Conservatives (or anyone for that manner) have this thing they do when confronted with an inconvenient truth, they label it and make the truth they don;t want to deal with something bad.

Snowflakes, TDS, SJW and now Virtue Signaling.

In each case, the issue at hand was brought to the public's attention, those who wanted to ignore it or make it go away attached their "stigma"to it. IE

Snowflake began when people who didn't want to think or be considerate before speaking wanted to shut up those they were offending. So if someone who is Trans is offended by an ignoramus using īt"or He/She"when referring to them (or shit like that) Instead of being a considerate and decent human being who's thoughtful of others, they ;use Snowflake in hopes to make the offended party the issue rather than themselves.

TDS? It should be called Trump DEFINITION Syndrome. he's a colossal piece of shit and everyone with a brain, any integrity and a daughter/mother/wife should be out to remove him from office. Call him out at every turn rather than being accepting of his bullshit and behavior. TDS? It's people who are too apathetic, don't care enough or secretly like Trump's method of deflecting valid criticism about the Douchebag.

SJW? What wrong with fighting injustice? We ALL should be SJWs. Do a fraction of people take it to far? sure, but that tiny number of kooks shouldn't be allowed to co opt an entire movement of good hearted citizens only trying to make life better for those who've be marginalized by society.

And now for my new favorite--VIRTUE SIGNALING.

So now saying--I try to do the right thing and you should too is bad? WTF? This is horseshit. If the fact others have i higher ethical standard than you bothers you, then look inward, not label and deflect. Look I get it, some people are at the place in their life where giving a shit about anyone else but themselves and their own is more effort than they want to put forth. Other people's problems are just that--OTHER people's problems. So own the fact you don't care as much as someone else rather than labeling them a "Virtue Signaler" like having a higher ethical standard is a bad thing.

Being offended when someone uses a racial, homophobic, misogynistic slur is not being a Snowflake--it's being a thoughtful and feeling person.

Criticizing one of the worst people to walk the earth (let alone sit in its highest office) isn't derangement. It's being a decent human being exercising their duty as an American Citizen and member of society.

The people being labeled shouldn't be disparaged, those using these terms to deflect from their own apathy and "don't give a shit" attitudes should man up and own their shit--If you don't care or don;t care enough or as much as others--own it, just stop blaming those pointing it out by branding their conscientiousness and compassion as something negative just to avoid your feeling bad when they point it out.
    Well said.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• and so constructive!

speaking of which, maybe we can created a different spot for people to talk about constructive ideas, areas of compromise, ways to actually address a problem instead of ranting, and posting intriguing, verified facts that run counter to the mindless tropes of the right and left, etc.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        and so constructive!

speaking of which, maybe we can created a different spot for people to talk about constructive ideas, areas of compromise, ways to actually address a problem instead of ranting, and posting intriguing, verified facts that run counter to the mindless tropes of the right and left, etc.
        Or maybe we can just ask people to own their shit instead of ignoring it and complaining when it's pointed out.

Oh sorry, didn't mean to get all Virtue Signally on ya.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• "maybe we can just ask people to own their shit"

sorry, I am several pages behind in this thread reading all of the acknowledgements here of the bizarre lack of empathy for the numerous migrants who died in US custody over the years until - well......

also have been struck by the countless posts agreeing that it's ridiculous to act outraged about the existence of "cages" built by the Obama administration and having so many members of Congress tweeting photos of horrors taken during the previous administration and blaming it on someone else.

luckily nobody is "complaining when it is pointed out" so there's that. I'm learning a lot from the abundance of openmindedness - will catch up soon, I hope.

also the numerous thoughtful comments on possible avenues to solutions on immigration are taking time to digest. the lack of ignoring of that request has been gratifying, as posters seem interested in getting beyond the usual hand-wringing. so much "owning"

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            "maybe we can just ask people to own their shit"

sorry, I am several pages behind in this thread reading all of the acknowledgements here of the bizarre lack of empathy for the numerous migrants who died in US custody over the years until - well......

also have been struck by the countless posts agreeing that it's ridiculous to act outraged about the existence of "cages" built by the Obama administration and having so many members of Congress tweeting photos of horrors taken during the previous administration and blaming it on someone else.

luckily nobody is "complaining when it is pointed out" so there's that. I'm learning a lot from the abundance of openmindedness - will catch up soon, I hope.

also the numerous thoughtful comments on possible avenues to solutions on immigration are taking time to digest. the lack of ignoring of that request has been gratifying, as posters seem interested in getting beyond the usual hand-wringing. so much "owning"
            Horsshit Judge. I specifically OWNED prior persons/administrations who didn't do the job including Obama--but please tell me how focusing on what happened up years ago solves the issues NOW TODAY

As for the solutions--are you seriously asserting you provided anything close to one?

You mean the proposal that restores DACA, which should never have been undone by Trump and in the same proposal gives Trump money for his wall--THAT proposal? That's not a solution that's the extortion Trump and his cronies have been attempting since he took office.

Here's some steps to start making progress towards a solution--go back to Obama era immigration policies ending Zero Tolerance, STOP ICE raids, restore sanctuary cities policies, remove added forces from the border, make and facility that houses asylum seekers be GOVT run and NOT private contractors. and STOP wasting money on the wall. ADD as many civil servants to process asylum seekers, Respect the 1951 Refugee Convention we agreed to, stop separating families and provide adequate care to those awaiting processing.

A great first step would be getting that racist out of the White House and making Bigotry shameful again instead of a Red Hat of Honor, yes I just said if you support Trumps version of great America you're a bigot or at least comfortable around those that are.

That's my Virtue Signal for the day (ok maybe not the last one, but the last for now.)
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Horsshit Judge. I specifically OWNED prior persons/administrations who didn't do the job including Obama--but please tell me how focusing on what happened up years ago solves the issues NOW TODAY

As for the solutions--are you seriously asserting you provided anything close to one?

You mean the proposal that restores DACA, which should never have been undone by Trump and in the same proposal gives Trump money for his wall--THAT proposal? That's not a solution that's the extortion Trump and his cronies have been attempting since he took office.

Here's some steps to start making progress towards a solution--go back to Obama era immigration policies ending Zero Tolerance, STOP ICE raids, restore sanctuary cities policies, remove added forces from the border, make and facility that houses asylum seekers be GOVT run and NOT private contractors. and STOP wasting money on the wall. ADD as many civil servants to process asylum seekers, Respect the 1951 Refugee Convention we agreed to, stop separating families and provide adequate care to those awaiting processing.

A great first step would be getting that racist out of the White House and making Bigotry shameful again instead of a Red Hat of Honor, yes I just said if you support Trumps version of great America you're a bigot or at least comfortable around those that are.

That's my Virtue Signal for the day (ok maybe not the last one, but the last for now.)
              The ‘Ice Raids’ are to enforce federally court ordered deportation notices of illegal immigrants that have committed a crime. They are looking for specific persons. Are you saying we should not be doing that? What is your solution to that problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                The ‘Ice Raids’ are to enforce federally court ordered deportation notices of illegal immigrants that have committed a crime. They are looking for specific persons. Are you saying we should not be doing that? What is your solution to that problem?
                Specific persons, but there are collateral consequences, they can also arrest and deport others who might be in the country illegally, but have committed no crime (No I don't see entering the country illegally a crime worthy of being arrested or detained) They also could lead to families being torn apart as children of those targeted might be citizens or the spouse and now--who takes care of those left behind? Solutions? Easy start, if they'r a violent criminal, you make them serve time and deport them straight from prison, if not you let them serve time and allow them to stay in the country if they apply for citizenship and stay out of subsequent trouble. Trumps Raids cast a broad net, not taking into consideration the human cost of it all and they have at times, violate the rights of actual citizens to get to the person they're coming after. If you don;t care enough to know the specifics and circumstances of the people you're going after--you don't care enough to have the power to do what ICE does and NOTHING has shown me that Trump, his administration or people executing these raids cares about anything but making a political show to please the rabid anti persons of color base.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I love this guy. And he's right on the money. The Dopey Regime is in-your-face, round the clock:

Comment

• "The rally crowd is chanting "send her back" about Ilhan Omar as Trump reads a list of her past remarks."

Yes, a crown of Trump supporters is chanting to send an AMERICAN CITIZEN (my best use of Trump capitalization) back to where they were born.

Edit to add a link to a tweet with the video...

Last edited by frae; 07-17-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Ok I know this is not on Trump but I don't know where to put it. Rand Paul now decides the debt is too much.

"It has long been my feeling that we need to address our massive debt in the country," he said. "And therefore any new spending … should be offset by cutting spending that's less valuable. We need to, at the very least, have this debate."

He added that if the House bill was brought up for a vote in the Senate he is planning to offer an amendment, "but until then I will object."

And here I will even go to Fox News where Jon Stewart was interviewed so you can see more and Paul appears on the floor with his reason...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/flcPLvOHfUM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Paul voted for the Tax Cut, but this the bridge too far.

Comment

• Can anyone verify the news that trump just tweeted something to the effect that Ohmar had at one time been married to her brother?

If he did, my question to any right leaning junkie is this :

When is enough, enough?

What more will it take for you to demand his removal from office?

What are you going to do to reclaim your party
                        /movement/affiliation?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Can anyone verify the news that trump just tweeted something to the effect that Ohmar had at one time been married to her brother?
                          A reporter from One America News Network yesterday asked him something to the effect of "Is your administration going to possibly look into immigration fraud committed by Ilhan Omar possibly marrying her brother?"

And he responded, "Well, there's a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother. You're asking me a question about it. I don't know, but I'm sure that somebody would be looking at that."

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            A reporter from One America News Network yesterday asked him something to the effect of "Is your administration going to possibly look into immigration fraud committed by Ilhan Omar possibly marrying her brother?"

And he responded, "Well, there's a lot of talk about the fact that she was married to her brother. I know nothing about it. I hear she was married to her brother. You're asking me a question about it. I don't know, but I'm sure that somebody would be looking at that."

Thanks, it's a good thing not being on Twitter, but it makes keeping things accurate a little more difficult.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Can anyone verify the news that trump just tweeted something to the effect that Ohmar had at one time been married to her brother?

If he did, my question to any right leaning junkie is this :

When is enough, enough?

What more will it take for you to demand his removal from office?

What are you going to do to reclaim your party
                              /movement/affiliation?
                              Has anyone other than 1J actually proclaimed Trump is their guy?
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• the "Omar and her brother" thing has been kicked around on right-wing radio for weeks, along with supposed tax evasion issues. I have no idea about its validity, but Trump surely must have known about it.

meanwhile, can anyone figure out why Trump is backpedaling on "Send Her Home" chants?

At the White House on Thursday, Trump said he "disagreed" with the chant, and was "not happy with it." He said he "started speaking very quickly" to halt the chant.

he's happy with "they should go back to where they came from" about 3 of 4 Congresswomen who were born here, and "Lock Her Up!" for Hillary Clinton - why bother with a trial? - he was good with that, too.

for any other politician, the backpedal means a trusted aide explained the political downside and the elected official then pivoted. but this guy obviously doesn't listen to anybody. how did he find this line?

I have mentioned that I used to deal with him regularly on business a decade ago, but it hasn't helped me dissect this one.

UPDATE: NBC reporting that Ivanka laid down the hammer on this one. it's as good a speculation as any.
                                Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-18-2019, 06:59 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X