Page 738 of 738 FirstFirst ... 238638688728736737738
Results 7,371 to 7,374 of 7374

Thread: President Donald Trump

and so constructive!

speaking of which, maybe we can created a different spot for people to talk about constructive ideas, areas of compromise, ways to actually address a problem instead of ranting, and posting intriguing, verified facts that run counter to the mindless tropes of the right and left, etc.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    rallied to within 10 pts out of 3rd at the ASB
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle, Pivetta 10
    RP Jeffress 1, Dyson
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Bruce LD, UT Cooper
    IL: SP Cueto 1, RP TGuerrero, SS EGonzalez 2
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2, Daza, RDavis

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    and so constructive!

speaking of which, maybe we can created a different spot for people to talk about constructive ideas, areas of compromise, ways to actually address a problem instead of ranting, and posting intriguing, verified facts that run counter to the mindless tropes of the right and left, etc.
    Or maybe we can just ask people to own their shit instead of ignoring it and complaining when it's pointed out.

Oh sorry, didn't mean to get all Virtue Signally on ya.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

"maybe we can just ask people to own their shit"

sorry, I am several pages behind in this thread reading all of the acknowledgements here of the bizarre lack of empathy for the numerous migrants who died in US custody over the years until - well......

also have been struck by the countless posts agreeing that it's ridiculous to act outraged about the existence of "cages" built by the Obama administration and having so many members of Congress tweeting photos of horrors taken during the previous administration and blaming it on someone else.

luckily nobody is "complaining when it is pointed out" so there's that. I'm learning a lot from the abundance of openmindedness - will catch up soon, I hope.

also the numerous thoughtful comments on possible avenues to solutions on immigration are taking time to digest. the lack of ignoring of that request has been gratifying, as posters seem interested in getting beyond the usual hand-wringing. so much "owning"
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    rallied to within 10 pts out of 3rd at the ASB
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Roark 8, Samardzija 1, Mahle, Pivetta 10
    RP Jeffress 1, Dyson
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Bruce LD, UT Cooper
    IL: SP Cueto 1, RP TGuerrero, SS EGonzalez 2
    minors: OFs NWilliams 2, Daza, RDavis

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    "maybe we can just ask people to own their shit"

sorry, I am several pages behind in this thread reading all of the acknowledgements here of the bizarre lack of empathy for the numerous migrants who died in US custody over the years until - well......

also have been struck by the countless posts agreeing that it's ridiculous to act outraged about the existence of "cages" built by the Obama administration and having so many members of Congress tweeting photos of horrors taken during the previous administration and blaming it on someone else.

luckily nobody is "complaining when it is pointed out" so there's that. I'm learning a lot from the abundance of openmindedness - will catch up soon, I hope.

also the numerous thoughtful comments on possible avenues to solutions on immigration are taking time to digest. the lack of ignoring of that request has been gratifying, as posters seem interested in getting beyond the usual hand-wringing. so much "owning"
    Horsshit Judge. I specifically OWNED prior persons/administrations who didn't do the job including Obama--but please tell me how focusing on what happened up years ago solves the issues NOW TODAY

As for the solutions--are you seriously asserting you provided anything close to one?

You mean the proposal that restores DACA, which should never have been undone by Trump and in the same proposal gives Trump money for his wall--THAT proposal? That's not a solution that's the extortion Trump and his cronies have been attempting since he took office.

Here's some steps to start making progress towards a solution--go back to Obama era immigration policies ending Zero Tolerance, STOP ICE raids, restore sanctuary cities policies, remove added forces from the border, make and facility that houses asylum seekers be GOVT run and NOT private contractors. and STOP wasting money on the wall. ADD as many civil servants to process asylum seekers, Respect the 1951 Refugee Convention we agreed to, stop separating families and provide adequate care to those awaiting processing.

A great first step would be getting that racist out of the White House and making Bigotry shameful again instead of a Red Hat of Honor, yes I just said if you support Trumps version of great America you're a bigot or at least comfortable around those that are.

That's my Virtue Signal for the day (ok maybe not the last one, but the last for now.)
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.