Page 648 of 739 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 7388

Thread: President Donald Trump

  1. #6471
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandA's View Post
    These are just GOP talking points. The Democrats are not advocating for "Open Borders". In fact, they are willing to spend (and have already spent) plenty of money on border security, which includes more border agents, more immigration officers to process asylum claims, better technology on the border and at check points, and even adding or repairing border fencing where needed. What the Democrats oppose is taking all of that money for agents, officers, technology, and fencing, and wasting it on a 2,000 mile long, 8 foot concrete (or steel) wall.
    So you quote Democratic talking points and not even the more rational ones. Anyone that claims the money would be wasted on a physical barrier has lost contact with facts. Mountains of studies to say that a barrier is an effective force multiplier. It's no pancea, but it is necessary. First, stop the bleeding.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  2. #6472
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,949
    Ooof. Yes, the FBI suspected Trump, as President, of treason. Dayum! The Manchurian Candidate!

    “WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

    The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.”

  3. #6473
    Big Leaguer OaklandA's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Anyone that claims the money would be wasted on a physical barrier has lost contact with facts. Mountains of studies to say that a barrier is an effective force multiplier. It's no panacea, but it is necessary.
    Please try and read more carefully. I said Democrats are fine with border fencing, which is a physical barrier, and an order of magnitude cheaper than an 8 foot high concrete wall. The money spent on Trump's HUGE BEAUTIFUL WALL could be better spent on other border security measures.

  4. #6474
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandA's View Post
    Please try and read more carefully. I said Democrats are fine with border fencing, which is a physical barrier, and an order of magnitude cheaper than an 8 foot high concrete wall. The money spent on Trump's HUGE BEAUTIFUL WALL could be better spent on other border security measures.
    Yes, like hiring more adjudicators to process asylum seekers more quickly.

  5. #6475
    Big Leaguer swampdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    northern new jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/12/o...gtype=Homepage

    Trump’s Five Craziest Arguments About the Shutdown

  6. #6476
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandA's View Post
    Please try and read more carefully. I said Democrats are fine with border fencing, which is a physical barrier, and an order of magnitude cheaper than an 8 foot high concrete wall. The money spent on Trump's HUGE BEAUTIFUL WALL could be better spent on other border security measures.
    I was right the first time. Anyone that thinks it can be better spent on human resources has lost touch with facts. Or did you mean other sorts of border resources?

    Also, Democrats fully oppose a border fence. Nancy Pelosi said not one dollar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yes, like hiring more adjudicators to process asylum seekers more quickly.
    Definitely not that though Pelosi opposes it as well. Getting assylum seekers to limit theselves to ports of entry is the first step. There are dozens.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  7. #6477
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,949
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Ooof. Yes, the FBI suspected Trump, as President, of treason. Dayum! The Manchurian Candidate!

    “WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

    The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.”
    So a day after this news broke -- that the FBI was concerned Trump may have been a Russian spy -- it's revealed that Trump concealed all notes of his private meeting with Putin in 2017, and asked the interpreter for her notes and insisted she not reveal anything from that meeting. Hmmmmm.

  8. #6478
    All Star DMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,475
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    So a day after this news broke -- that the FBI was concerned Trump may have been a Russian spy -- it's revealed that Trump concealed all notes of his private meeting with Putin in 2017, and asked the interpreter for her notes and insisted she not reveal anything from that meeting. Hmmmmm.
    It's truly staggering how this is being allowed to continue. The Trump Party needs to be burned to the ground.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

    Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

    How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

  9. #6479
    Big Leaguer swampdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    northern new jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    It's truly staggering how this is being allowed to continue. The Trump Party needs to be burned to the ground.
    still no comments from any republican leaders - unless I missed something

  10. #6480
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,949
    In addition, he was asked by a Fox News interviewer if he was indeed a Russian agent — and he didn’t answer. Hmmmmm.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •