Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's speech, I cringe in anticipation. I figure at worst a 'national emergency', but more american carnage at a minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Igor View Post
      Tonight's speech, I cringe in anticipation. I figure at worst a 'national emergency', but more american carnage at a minimum.
      Preview of tonight's speech - "I am the best president ever. The shutdown isn't my fault. I am the greatest president ever. Stock market is up since I took office. I am the greatest American ever. Everyone in America wants this wall built. I am absolutely the greatest person of all time. Mexico will pay for the big beautiful wall. That I will get built because I am the greatest person in the history of the universe."

Comment

• It's sad that the President of the United States is going to make a televised address, and all anyone can talk about is how they can best fact-check his lies.

Comment

• What a joke.

"President Donald Trump wants you to believe there’s a “National Security crisis” on the southern border. During his Rose Garden press conference last Friday, Trump justified shutting down the government over his desired border wall by saying, “This is national security we’re talking about — we’re not talking about games.”

But hours ahead of his primetime Oval Office address about the situation at the border and his wall, Trump’s campaign is also using the speech to try to raise $500,000 in a single day.

“Your safety is not a political game or negotiating tactic,” an email blast sent to potential donors says. “Please make a special contribution of $5 by 9 PM EST to our Official Secure the Border Fund to have your name sent to me after my speech.”

Comment

• Pure smokescreen to cover the fact that he's having his ass handed to him. Republicans will begin to defect shortly after his speech.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• i've been wanting to say that in the end everyone will turn on Trump.

i don't even really care. but i am interested in what happens. what it takes. the way i figure it, everyone will try to get what they can, and once there is nothing left they will turn and lookout for themselves.

i have no idea how that will happen. but somehow it will.

Comment

• i didn't watch the speech but if you say he asked for money, it's kind of like last year where Abdel Fattah el-Sisi in Egypt, who i like, asked for people to make the same $5 donation. even tho that was actually legit. ..yet another strongman.

thats really what Trump is, or wants to be. it's really just reality television for ratings.

but in another life or alternate universe he's a wannabe strongman. heh

Comment

• Burn baby burn!

He is right about one thing -- he is a total disgrace to the planet. And pssst.....it's "forest," dummy.

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he is cutting off federal money to fight California wildfires, claiming the money is being wasted.

"Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest fires that, with proper Forest Management, would never happen," Trump tweeted. "Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!"

Comment

• adderall addiction is a scary thing
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Burn baby burn!

He is right about one thing -- he is a total disgrace to the planet. And pssst.....it's "forest," dummy.

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he is cutting off federal money to fight California wildfires, claiming the money is being wasted.

"Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest fires that, with proper Forest Management, would never happen," Trump tweeted. "Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!"
                      https://www.msn.com/en-us/nehttps://...ob-fb-enus-280
                      I know you love to hate Trump, but there are a lot of intelligent folks that believe the forestry situation has been grossly mismanaged in California.

IMO, The state bears a lot of responsibility for what has happened out there but either way, it deserves a more nuanced discussion than ‘burn, baby, burn’.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        I know you love to hate Trump, but there are a lot of intelligent folks that believe the forestry situation has been grossly mismanaged in California.

IMO, The state bears a lot of responsibility for what has happened out there but either way, it deserves a more nuanced discussion than ‘burn, baby, burn’.
                        They're Americans, nots. Who pay taxes and have suffered tremendously. But yeah, they're almost certainly Democrats, right? So who cares? If Dumb Donald has a problem with their mismanagement, then summon the people in charge to Washington and threaten them to their face. Don't tweet out that regular individuals & businesses won't receive FEMA help. Y'know, it deserves a more nuanced discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          They're Americans, nots. Who pay taxes and have suffered tremendously. But yeah, they're almost certainly Democrats, right? So who cares? If Dumb Donald has a problem with their mismanagement, then summon the people in charge to Washington and threaten them to their face. Don't tweet out that regular individuals & businesses won't receive FEMA help. Y'know, it deserves a more nuanced discussion.
                          Yes it is unfortunate that a number of American that pay taxes have suffered tremendously. They paid taxes to the State of CA also to take care of and properly manage their forestry issues (which its possible did not happen). But CA is broke, so is the Fed somehow responsible to take care of their mess? Where do you draw the line as to when the Fed is supposed to help or not? Should the Fed be fixing Detroit's water issues?

Government is not supposed to be there to fix every problem. Each time we defer our issues to the government...............
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            But CA is broke,
                            or...

California's budget for fiscal year 2018 had a nine billion dollar surplus.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              or...

California's budget for fiscal year 2018 had a nine billion dollar surplus.
                              Ok - so let them take care of their own issues......

edit to add: I missed that CA's budget had that surplus..... my bad
                              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                                Ok - so let them take care of their own issues......

edit to add: I missed that CA's budget had that surplus..... my bad
                                i guess if we can stop paying for east coast cities that continue to rebuild in the paths of hurricanes and flood zones, I'd be okay with it.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X