This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    Wow, what's going on with Trump fans' favorite pollster, Rasmussen?

He's gone from a +1 on April 9 to a -11 on May 16.
    What's going on with my favorite poster, B-Fly? He's usually above trickery like taking two outliers from an arbitrary time frame and pretending it shows a trend that is really the opposite of what the long view of the numbers suggests.

The big drop the past two days is curious, though. Did he say or do something particularly stupid to piss off Republicans?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      What's going on with my favorite poster, B-Fly? He's usually above trickery like taking two outliers from an arbitrary time frame and pretending it shows a trend that is really the opposite of what the long view of the numbers suggests.

The big drop the past two days is curious, though. Did he say or do something particularly stupid to piss off Republicans?
      LOL. Fair. As for the past few days, I'd guess maybe the stock market reaction to the China tariffs/trade war.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        LOL. Fair. As for the past few days, I'd guess maybe the stock market reaction to the China tariffs/trade war.
        Unless they are polling mostly Wall Street types, I'd be surprised if the market reactions to the Trade War to that are enough to move the needle that much. However, perhaps the stuff revo has been saying about this Trade War affecting Trump voters in other ways, besides the market, is the cause of this dip.

Comment

• Apparently TDS has spread to Republicans. Or maybe TDS is an idiotic way for Republicans and their enablers to ignore legitimate criticisms. Hmmmm

Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed “impeachable conduct” and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• You mean things like CNN's All Trump-hate, All the time. Nice.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              You mean things like CNN's All Trump-hate, All the time. Nice.

J
              Just because Faux News didn’t report it doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen Jay.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Just because Faux News didn’t report it doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen Jay.
                I don't watch either CNN or Fox, so it does not really matter. Cut the cable years ago.

Still, why would you watch a supposed news organization that throws away half the news?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• GOP Rep. Justin Amash with a complete Twitter evisceration of Trump & Barr, is calling for Trump's impeachment. As a retaliation, Dopey can only muster up that Amash is a "loser."

Comment

• In case you are wondering why Trump is pissed off at SNL this week.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• If Donald Trump didn't obstruct justice, why is he doing everything he can to prevent Donald McGahn from testifying in front of Congress?

Comment

If Donald Trump didn't obstruct justice, why is he doing everything he can to prevent Donald McGahn from testifying in front of Congress?
                        What’s the upside for Trump if McGahn testifies? If he supports Trump’s version of things, do you think the media and the #Resistance are going to suddenly say ‘wow, no collusion, no obstruction, who’d have thunk it?’. As my good friend likes to say—not bloody likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          What’s the upside for Trump if McGahn testifies? If he supports Trump’s version of things, do you think the media and the #Resistance are going to suddenly say ‘wow, no collusion, no obstruction, who’d have thunk it?’. As my good friend likes to say—not bloody likely.
                          The President of the United States is allegedly asking someone to commit a crime (contempt of Congress) to impede an investigation. That doesn't concern you?

Comment

The President of the United States is allegedly asking someone to commit a crime (contempt of Congress) to impede an investigation. That doesn't concern you?
                            Didn’t answer my question-what’s the upside for Trump if McGhan testifies? He gains absolutely nothing from that and neither does McGhan.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              Didn’t answer my question-what’s the upside for Trump if McGhan testifies? He gains absolutely nothing from that and neither does McGhan.
                              Well, by not testifying, McGahn now puts himself in line for up to a year of jailtime. So if he could afford to lose a year of his life to be the patsy for his now-former boss, so be it. I don't see how that's "nothing."

As far as Dandy Don, if it can be proven that he did in fact ask McGahn not to appear and be held in contempt, then that adds to his Obstruction woes and probably prods Congress to begin impeachment hearings. So the upside -- not getting impeached?

Comment

Well, by not testifying, McGahn now puts himself in line for up to a year of jailtime. So if he could afford to lose a year of his life to be the patsy for his now-former boss, so be it. I don't see how that's "nothing."

As far as Dandy Don, if it can be proven that he did in fact ask McGahn not to appear and be held in contempt, then that adds to his Obstruction woes and probably prods Congress to begin impeachment hearings. So the upside -- not getting impeached?
                                He's been "getting impeached" since he first took office!

By the way, the White House has officially blocked McGahn from testifying tomorrow. There sure is a lot of contempt going on.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/20/polit...ess/index.html

The White House's move to block McGahn has similarities to President George W. Bush's efforts to prevent his former White House counsel, Harriet Miers, from testifying. A federal judge in 2008 ruled against the Bush administration.

But that court ruling didn't stop the Obama administration from making similar arguments. In 2014, the Obama administration's Office of Legal Counsel wrote a memo that a senior White House adviser subpoenaed by the House Oversight Committee did not have to testify, arguing the President's immediate advisers had "absolute immunity from congressional compulsion to testify about matters that occur during the course of discharging their official duties."
                                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X