This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Any thoughts on the Conundrum in Chiefs 4th of July speech?

And can anyone forward me a link to the revolutionary war aircraft and the airports they flew out of?

Thanks.
    Actually it wasn't airports, it was the aircraft carrier Yorktown. Easy mistake to make.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Actually it wasn't airports, it was the aircraft carrier Yorktown. Easy mistake to make.
      My bad, I would have noticed if I hadn't been blinded by the
      Rockets red glare ramming the ramparts.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Any thoughts on the Conundrum in Chiefs 4th of July speech?

And can anyone forward me a link to the revolutionary war aircraft and the airports they flew out of?

Thanks.
        I was at my in laws house and watched it in Polish. I can tell you it was much better that way.

Comment

• Fake news...the real story is Obama hacked into the teleprompter and forced him to say that. No collusion. No obstruction.

Comment

• The man who live tweets golf events has yet to tweet about the USWNT winning the World Cup and it ended almost 2 hours ago. His ability to be petty is almost impressive. This matters not one bit compared to his serious issues but is glaring for a man who tweets nonstop.

Comment

• Haha, let's see if he tweets about this.

Fox News went live to a sports bar in Lyon, France, right after the United States women’s national team defeated Netherlands to win the World Cup. What could possibly go wrong?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Haha, let's see if he tweets about this.

https://deadspin.com/live-fox-news-r...-by-1836167457
                He got to it at 3:15 or so...

Congratulations to the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team on winning the World Cup! Great and exciting play. America is proud of you all!
                Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 07-07-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• has any company ever been harmed by calls for a boycott?

I imagine so.

but the most famous one I remember was Chick Fil-A, and I think they have surged nicely since that pitch.

apparently some people think a chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich.

Nike has also surged since the call for a Kaepernick-related boycott, so it cuts both ways.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    has any company ever been harmed by calls for a boycott?

I imagine so.

but the most famous one I remember was Chick Fil-A, and I think they have surged nicely since that pitch.

Nike has also surged since the call for a Kaepernick-related boycott, so it cuts both ways.
                    Agreed, but the hypocrisy from the Hypocrite-in-Chief was overwhelming.

BTW, boycotting is very effective in China.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      has any company ever been harmed by calls for a boycott?

I imagine so.

I've resumed my boycott of Chick-Fil-A (not that they've noticed)
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Someone take the phone away from Grandpa Donald...

A big subject today at the White House Social Media Summit will be the tremendous dishonesty, bias, discrimination and suppression practiced by certain companies. We will not let them get away with it much longer. The Fake News Media will also be there, but for a limited period..

....The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator with the person who was to become your future First Lady. When I ultimately leave office in six......

....years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding), they will quickly go out of business for lack of credibility, or approval, from the public. That’s why they will all be Endorsing me at some point, one way or the other. Could you imagine having Sleepy Joe Biden, or @AlfredENeuman99,..

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! Sorry to say that even Social Media would be driven out of business along with, and finally, the Fake News Media!

Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          Someone take the phone away from Grandpa Donald...

A big subject today at the White House Social Media Summit will be the tremendous dishonesty, bias, discrimination and suppression practiced by certain companies. We will not let them get away with it much longer. The Fake News Media will also be there, but for a limited period..

....The Fake News is not as important, or as powerful, as Social Media. They have lost tremendous credibility since that day in November, 2016, that I came down the escalator with the person who was to become your future First Lady. When I ultimately leave office in six......

....years, or maybe 10 or 14 (just kidding), they will quickly go out of business for lack of credibility, or approval, from the public. That’s why they will all be Endorsing me at some point, one way or the other. Could you imagine having Sleepy Joe Biden, or @AlfredENeuman99,..

...or a very nervous and skinny version of Pocahontas (1000/24th), as your President, rather than what you have now, so great looking and smart, a true Stable Genius! Sorry to say that even Social Media would be driven out of business along with, and finally, the Fake News Media!

Wow
                          and his supporters eat it up

For years I have been trying to figure out what would put 2016 Trump voters over the edge
                          so does anyone know people who voted fro Trump n 2016 that are not going to vote again for him? - really, really not voting again for him (not just saying they wont an eventually voting for him)

What is making them switch?

I havent seen any news article suggesting people would switch so I am looking for at least stories from individuals or people here.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            and his supporters eat it up

For years I have been trying to figure out what would put 2016 Trump voters over the edge
                            so does anyone know people who voted fro Trump n 2016 that are not going to vote again for him? - really, really not voting again for him (not just saying they wont an eventually voting for him)

What is making them switch?

I havent seen any news article suggesting people would switch so I am looking for at least stories from individuals or people here.
                            I only know three confirmed Trump voters who have admitted it to me. All were pretty ardent Hillary haters more than Trump supporters, but the "drain the swamp" stuff certainly appealed to all three. One is probably best described as a libertarian, two are pretty solid Republicans. I haven't really spoken to any of them yet about 2020 - depends who the dems run, I suppose. But I would expect all three to vote Trump or third party.

The sexual misconduct won't matter, neither will unhinged tweets, in my opinion. These things were already known in 2016 and people voted for him. Are people who voted for him all of a sudden saying these things matter now? Doubtful.

Comment

• He didn't take a shot at Harris in that tweet storm, just Biden, Warren and Pete. He also skipped Sanders but he hasn't found a tag yet for him either. I don't know what to read into it but I did notice it.

Comment

Working...
                              X