This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    So Trump not shaking Pelosi's hand gets a pass but her ripping up his speech is a game changer? The double standards are so pathetic.
    The not shaking Pelosi's hand might have turned off some persuadable voters if Pelosi had been able to execute the "he has no respect for the institutions and norms of our democracy but I do" high ground. It's not easy to avoid being dragged into the mud by this guy, no doubt, but my gut is that it's the best way to win in 2020.

Comment

So Trump not shaking Pelosi's hand gets a pass but her ripping up his speech is a game changer? The double standards are so pathetic.
      No, it doesn’t get a pass. It’s emblematic of the boorish, childish, cartoonish behavior of that ass clown. But she took the bait and did something stupid and as I said, will be seen again on a campaign ad this fall. But you cling to #Resistance I guess.
      BTW, I thought you were against whataboutism?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        The not shaking Pelosi's hand might have turned off some persuadable voters if Pelosi had been able to execute the "he has no respect for the institutions and norms of our democracy but I do" high ground. It's not easy to avoid being dragged into the mud by this guy, no doubt, but my gut is that it's the best way to win in 2020.
        Lol, after everything he's done, you honestly think there are people who would bail on him for not shaking Pelosi's hand? That is truly absurd IMO.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

In seeing one replay of that moment, I actually don't think Trump saw her extend her hand. However, he should have been the one to extend his hand in appreciation of the invitation.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Not a fan of Pelosi or Trump and though it shouldn't be, pettiness has replaced decorum as SOP in our nation's political scene.

It's all about energizing the rabid base--On both sides.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lol, after everything he's done, you honestly think there are people who would bail on him for not shaking Pelosi's hand? That is truly absurd IMO.
              I think there are people who have already bailed on him for his disrespectful and childish behaviors but who might find their way back to him if they're sufficiently convinced that the Democrats are proving themselves no better.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Not a fan of Pelosi or Trump and though it shouldn't be, pettiness has replaced decorum as SOP in our nation's political scene.

It's all about energizing the rabid base--On both sides.
                I didn't see it. I had more important things to do last night.

Wouldn't you find it hypocritical if he did shake her hand? Heck isn't it a bit hypocritical for her to offer it?

This is not a football game it is becoming a civil war.

Comment

• Romney!

It doesn't change the end result of acquittal, but that was never a possibility, so that one Republican vote to convict is huge from the standpoint of history and how this all might be received through Election Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Romney!

It doesn't change the end result of acquittal, but that was never a possibility, so that one Republican vote to convict is huge from the standpoint of history and how this all might be received through Election Day.
                    I think we just saw the first hat go in the ring for the 2024 election.

Comment

• The Republican backlash against Romney has been fierce. I think Romney's vote to convict was his way of going out with a clear conscience.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        The Republican backlash against Romney has been fierce. I think Romney's vote to convict was his way of going out with a clear conscience.
                        This is the same Romney who was giving Trump a tongue bath when he thought he was going to be Sec of State, right?
                        Conscience and politicians are real close to being mutually exclusive concepts.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          This is the same Romney who was giving Trump a tongue bath when he thought he was going to be Sec of State, right?
                          Conscience and politicians are real close to being mutually exclusive concepts.
                          Ok, then maybe it was payback time.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm sure it won't go anywhere, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              I think we just saw the first hat go in the ring for the 2024 election.
                              I think it's more of a finger.

Romney is as old as Trump, so running in four years would make him Biden aged.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                I think it's more of a finger.

J

he certainly did give the finger to Trump, now didn't he.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X